The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 April 2023, 05:27 AM   #10
showpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Whatever I have on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftneck View Post
It's not that people in here don't believe it. It's
To my knowledge, one youtuber, which has a history of not always being right, said it.

A member in here said he heard it from an AD who was told by Rolex.

Yes other say they heard it from AD's as well. But it could be a matter of misrepresentation of information. A lot of people who get information from other, will present them as they heard it themselves.

Do I believe it. No, not before a trusted source, confirm it. Do I think it is possible they changed the color. Yes, that is very likely.

Do j think it's done as a 70th anniversary celebration. No. A change of nuance as a celebration would be ridiculous.

Yes an AD could have asked Rolex why they didn't do anything with at the 70th anniversary, and a Rolex employer could with a smile on his face have told they changed the color a little on the 126610 lv.
The YouTuber, Adrian Barker...I know him. I've discussed this with him.

I can tell you he got this from multiple trustworthy sources, all Wilsdorf people, at W&W. If he's wrong, it's because Rolex and Tudor employees chose to BS him and not his fault. I find that unlikely. One of those Tudor people, Cole Pennington, used to work at Hodinkee. You've probably seen him and read his articles or watches his videos.

These people live and die by their reputations and accuracy. They don't make shit up.

I also find it unlikely that professional Rolex sales trainers, whose job it is to bring AD SAs up to date on the new releases for 2023, would wink and invent a story about the bezel color. These people also need to be credible or they're useless in their jobs.

As for the anniversary nod/Easter egg...they changed the color to match a previous anniversary green. Not so weird a thing to do.

But, yes, in due course there either will or won't be enough confirmation to make the skeptics accept this. Meanwhile, it gives us something to talk about, I guess.
showpro is offline   Reply With Quote