The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 May 2023, 06:27 PM   #1
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Prostate Cancer

I thought I would start a new thread to update after my earlier post of "I rang the bell today".

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=861069

I am now in stage IV Cancer, it has spread extensively to my bones, 2 of my vertebrae have partially collapsed giving me extreme pain in my back and sides, I am taking heavy pain killers to try and manage the pain, Oramorph, Tramadol, Naproxen, Diazepam and Paracetamol. I am going for Radiotherapy on my Femur and back this afternoon and am also booked in for Zoledronic Acid treatment in the very near future which is given through drip at the chemotherapy centre, after that there are other treatments to try. The cancer now is incurable and will get me. I have been referred to the palliative care team.

I am not in a good way, the pain is excruciating and doesn't allow me to do anything. One doesn't fight cancer, its to strong, to mean to beat, what one does is have a wonderful team of doctors and nurses to turn up and do the fighting for oneself, all I do is turn up for the next battle, thats the best I can do. I have heard people say that they are going to "fight the cancer with all they have got." Trust me, it is just a saying, you can't fight it, others do it for you.

I have accepted my fate and am quite calm with it, my family, not so much, their hurt, hurts me so much. Cancer doesn't just spread its hurt through ones body, it spreads its hurt through ones family and friends also, Carole, my wife is heartbroken.

I am not scared of being dead, that will come to us all, what does scare me is dying, I fear dying in pain and that is a distinct possibility. I'm not really sure how long I have got left.

I am very tired and even the most simple of tasks exhausts me, I sleep a lot of the time. When I am awake, I get enjoyment through watching a lot of sport, (not Leeds United, they are shameful). The Indian (IPL) Premier cricket competition is fabulous, as was the snooker. I also enjoy reading the comments on TRF, I am a brash Yorkshireman and says it how I see it, so, to all those I have annoyed, let me say I am sorry.

This illness kills more men than any other, please, please, please, check your PSA every chance you get.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote