The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 February 2024, 10:47 PM   #1
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I bought another watch that I didn't get

It was an Omega, which is why this is not in the main forum.

It was one of those "I'm kind of bored, let's go browse the forum" days and I found a link to a very nice example of a Seamaster chrono on eBay, I've always wanted one of those, I did a little research on the price and set my limit, bid on it and won.

Oh great, another watch. I need another watch, right? I've only got one left wrist, how many Swiss watches does a boy need? And I've already got a Speedmaster, so theoretically the Omega chrono itch has been scratched. But hey, it's only money.

So I paid for it, off it went to the eBay authenticator, and then two days later I got a refund from eBay. What? Did it fail authentication?

No, the poor seller was on his way to the post office, and his car got broken-into and the watch (and other stuff) was stolen. Wow. That sucks.

So I'm half sorry that I won't get this really nice example, and half happy that I've avoided another watch that I don't need.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has bought a watch on a whim and then wondered, "what was I thinking"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-02-14 074719.jpg (78.4 KB, 419 views)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote