The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 March 2024, 02:15 PM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon2 AP House / Boutique Reviews

creating a space to share ap house and boutique experiences. would be interesting to compare various experiences within the community.

AP House Bangkok

Ambiance: this is the only ap outlet in thailand (and the largest in se asia) located downtown bangkok in gaysorn tower directly across central world. the space itself is very large and open with a balcony decked out with greenery. there is a bar with a nice selection of whiskey, few private rooms, and a large living area.

Hospitality: i visited without an appointment and was the only visitor at the time. the staff is welcoming, sat me down in the living area and introduced me to an advisor. i was given some welcome chocolates, water, and hand towels while discussing what i was interested in seeing and after a few minutes was presented a tray of watches requested that were in stock.

Staff: all advisors when i entered were just on their phones by the bar. the advisor i spoke with was following the ap training book by the tee and the conversation i had was pretty robotic and emotionless. she didn't engage in conversations about the watch industry nor have much knowledge on other brands. i felt other than seeing the watches in person, the conversation with the advisor was pretty pointless and none engaging. i hate the fact, the advisor straight up told me "i highly suggest" buying a code or offshore to start my journey meanwhile the entire conversation was about my ambition to acquire ro chrono to complete my air, land, and sea combo.

Thoughts: i am not thai, i consider thailand my second home as i have been visiting for 15+ years and have residency as well. got the impression my advisor was not too fond of that fact. i followed up by e-mail with the advisor a few days latest and no response or follow up. pretty much a one shot visit. the space is beautiful with unpleasant staff and the optimism of possibly having a watch allocated here as a foreigner, although i have residency and spent many years there, is clearly zero chance nor did they show any interest in wanting me as an owner. was pretty bummed with the experience but din tai fung in central world made up for it.
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote