The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 April 2024, 11:33 AM   #9
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
Threads like this confirm to me that Rolex has ZERO incentive to actually fix this problem. Whether it's the 32xx or any other issue people have with Rolex, there's always a vocal contingent of users that will belittle the owner with problems and defend Rolex to the death. And this is on what is basically THE enthusiast Rolex forum on the internet, where people are more attuned to their watches and whatever problems they may be having.

Out in the real world, most owners are oblivious to any issues their watch may be having. Most aren't even wearing it to tell time, they just wear it as jewelry. Maybe one day they notice it's running 1 minute slow per week, so they take it into the AD or a local jeweler and someone just tells them mechanical watches can be inaccurate, just reset the watch once a week and you are fine. And they believe it and just keep wearing it as such.

Meanwhile there is not a single person whether on this forum or not, irregardless of how they feel about the 32xx, that would turn down a steel Daytona or Pepsi if offered to them whether to wear or flip.

Considering all that, what incentive does Rolex have to fix the movement? Why spend $$$ and time trying to figure it out when they are probably already in the planning stages for the 33xx?

What's going to happen is nothing, Rolex will eventually move on to the 33xx which hopefully is more reliable, and 32xx owners will end up having to send their watches in for service every 3-5 years.
Very well said.

Those who deny the issue is like a guy with prostate cancer being responded to with “Well, I don’t have prostate cancer.” Yes, I know this a comparatively trivial matter.