The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 May 2024, 12:40 AM   #1
ukwatchguy1
"TRF" Member

Daytona Panda 116 vs Pepsi Jubilee (Grey market purchase)

Hi all

I know I have made similar posts in the last, but I am now seriously close to pulling the trigger on changing watches

I still have my 2023 black sub date which would be part exchanged if I was to upgrade.

The Pepsi on Jubilee or panda 116 ref are the 2 watches I keep coming back to. The Pepsi may be a bit flashier and comfier to wear/ more legible? And the panda a classic I feel but the oyster PCL may scratch easier and is it as good of a one and done watch as a Pepsi?

I still haven’t heard from my AD re the mint green DJ41 on Jubilee that I was going to add alongside my sub and be done at that.

If I did get a Pepsi I could always add the DJ too if I was offered it

Am I mad considering the change?

Current UK grey prices work out to be approx £7k on top for a 2023 Pepsi jubilee and £14.5k ish for a 2021 + panda on top of my submariner as the PX

I did also have a wild card thought of a YM42 ousterflex yellow gold but feel they are quite a lot of money for not much gold, or the full gold bluesy is around similar money to the panda at approx £14k on top.

Lots of thoughts going on in my head re the swap, I’ve been pondering it for months and months and just want to reach a decision with the help of some pros and cons of each watch I mentioned really, perhaps from fellow owners or people that have done similar upgrades from a regular sub date

Thanks all!
ukwatchguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote