The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 September 2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Rolex for sale

A couple of years ago we went on a trip to New York and visited China Town as well. And I went to the famous watch district in Canal Street. I found a Rolex dealer who had part of his collection in a suitcase because his shop was being redecorated (what drive, what a businessman, a true New Yorker).

As he recognized me for the connoisseur I am right away, he recommended a four tone Rolex President. What a watch! He showed me a few known Rolex traits. The case back is engraved with the words: “We certify that this is a real Rolex watch”, the watch runs backwards (unique to a real Rolex, that convinced me) and the bottom of the dial reads: “T Swiss Cheese T”. What he hadn’t noticed himself was the fact that the case itself is stamped 24c! Ha, ha, he sold me the watch as being 18 carat gold while in fact it is 24 carat! What a steal!

I paid only $1000 for it. The only thing that worries me a bit is that the gold turns green during the Fall. But this is easily remedied with the nice polishing cloth he gave me.

Because you fine gentlemen are ‘in the know’ I only want you to confirm my Rolex is real and at what price I can let it go. Perhaps one of you wants to make me an offer?

Anxiously awaiting your answers,

Frans.

Last edited by Goodwatch; 15 September 2005 at 06:08 AM..
Goodwatch is offline   Reply With Quote