The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 October 2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
OK... Just a couple more fountain pens for those who have asked.

So, not to turn TRF into a pen forum, but I have had many PM's about what is involved in collecting fountains pens so I thought I would post a couple more new acquisitions that I can recommend to anyone looking for nice quality moderately priced FP's.

I picked both of these up yesterday. I know... I know... I have gone overboard this month on pens, but alas, I am a hopeless Rolex and fountain pen addict. At least my addictions compliment each other!

Remember, it just ain't fittin' for a man to be seen with a 8K timepiece on his wrist and a 4 dollar pen in his pocket! how absurd!!!

This is a Montblanc 149 from the 1980's. New these cost about $760.00. You can pick a pristine pre-loved example up for about $400.00 - $450.00. Some with signs of wear for a little less. I own two of these and have plans for about 4 more. Each one with a different nib and from a different era. Each of them writes entirely differently.

The 149 is a LARGE pen so if you find that these are a bit uncomfortable to write with, then a 146 would probably be perfect in size.

[IMG][/IMG]

And this is a Conway Stewart Churchill in Bracket brown. The retail on these is about $715.00 new, but can be had at around $570.00 or so. Conway is an excellent writing instrument and has a great history.

The Conway Stewart is an English writing instrument and extremely well made and respected world wide by Pis's. (Pen Idiot Savants of course!!). They have been around since about 1905 and below is a photo of their company site post blitz in WWII.

It is also known that the Conway Stewart FP was a favorite of Winston Churchill during the war years.

Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote