The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 August 2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Shade
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em..
AP Royal Oak..

It's been a while since I have been fascinated by Audemars Piguet.. Especially their Royal Oak line.

Don't get me wrong, they have fantastic design, but I personally think the Royal Oak (And ROO), are the most iconic AP design to date, and are the most striking to me...

So yesterday I had nothing better to do, it was a lazy sunday afternoon, so I decided to take a stroll to me dealer and see what they have in store. Having doubts, because it was not very close to where I live, I gave them a call half way, and asked if there was anything interesting, especially down the Panerai Radiomirs, Rolex Day-dates, Audemars Piguet, or Patek Phillips... In-case I can't purchase them, I can always have a look and try them on my wrist to see if it looks good on me, and one day I can buy it! :)

And they told me, they have 3 (THREE!) Royal oak on leather strap, two rose gold and 1 white gold all pre-owned, for sale.. Two ROOs, a few Rads, daydates, and a few pateks... so I was like "That's a lot of pre-owned watches you got there this week!".

So I went.

When I got there, browsed around the Rads first, nothing too eye catching, then the Pateks... no nautiluses... and then the Rolex... At the Rolex part I had a very very very interesting encounter, and all gold (YG) daydate I, it's like brand new, and it's only gonna cost me some 7000 USD... Complete with box, but no papers... I almost wanted to buy it, but then I was like "Hey I haven't seen the APs"..

So I browsed to AP section, and they have the watch that I bought, a chrono in rose gold and strap, and a chrono in white gold with black strap... all with white pearly dials..

Shortly speaking, I was immediately caught off guard, and I asked for the price... which obviously was out of my cash range. So I asked for a trade, and by that time I was wearing my YG daytona MoP dial on strap... and got a quite good bargain (imho). So I paid the rest and traded my watch in... and took the Royal Oak home..

So the Rolex Forum people might kill me for this (hehe), because I had to trade my YG Daytona to get this deal...

I kinda miss my Daytona in strap though, but I always wanted a WG with a meteorite dial anyway... so I might get that later down my life :D

With no further ado..

The Royal Oak Rose Gold on leather strap... It's preowned, purchased in mid '09, complete with box and papers, and it looks brand new!

Audemars piguet, royal oak rose gold, calendar, power reserve, am/PM, second timezone..

Its to die for!

And this watch just became the most expensive watch I have ever owned in my life... One thing that "I miss" on this watch is it doesn't have a running seconds hand... I always liked a seconds hand... be it big or small or placed anywhere around the dial, I always like to see my watch ticks...

But ah well, nothing's perfect, right? :)
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote