The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 May 2007, 02:33 AM   #1
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Icon17 Pictorial: Cleaning a Rolex

I've had my SD for around 5 months now, so I figured it's about time I give it a good cleaning. You'd be suprised how much dirt and grime can accumulate in all the cracks and crevices of a Rolex watch. I decided to break out the camera and take a few pics along the way. I hope you enjoy them!

Here she is, ready for her cleaning!

Time to remove the bezel. I used a small Swiss Army knife. I covered the blade and watch lug w/ tape to avoid scratching the case.

The bezel popped off easily using just a little bit of force.

Before I continued, I secured the bezel spring and gasket to a piece of tape so I wouldn't lose them.

Now, it's time to give the bezel and insert a good cleaning. Pretty nasty, huh.

Look what a toothbrush and a little bit of water can do! I used the toothbrush to clean out the bezel teeth.

Now it's time to clean the bezel gasket. This will ensure your bezel rotates nice and smooth just as it should. This was taken before cleaning.

Beneath the bezel the case managed to accumalate quite a bit of dirt and grime.

To clean this I simply used a damp paper towel and some good 'ole elbow grease! I also used a toothbrush to really get in there!

Now that the watch is clean, it's time to start putting it back together again. First step, apply the bezel gasket and properly secure the bezel spring.

Next, snap the bezel back on to the case. No tools are needed for this, just use your fingers to snap it back in to place. Easy as pie!

You're done! Just give it a quick polish to remove fingerprints and it's ready to hit the town!
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote