The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 January 2011, 05:17 AM   #1
belk7
"TRF" Member

A little Sinn never hurt anybody

I think it's safe to say that alot of us here have an appreciation for all types of watches in addition to the Rolex brand. I own or have owned fantastic pieces by Tudor, Panerai, Omega and others. But I have also very much enjoyed Marathon, Ball, Seiko, G-Shock, Alpha, MkII, etc as well. Many of these brands give us fantastic value, while being priced in a range that can allow trying several without breaking the bank. One of my local WIS friends (who owns Patek, Lange, and Rolex) was absolutely over the moon with his new Ocean 7 and couldn't wait to show it to me. Getting a lot of watch without spending a small fortune is a very cool thing IMO. I certainly won't be ditching any of my Rolex, but trading/giving/recieving watches that are in the three figure range can be a lot of fun.

This week I was given the opportunity to obtain a Sinn model that really hit the mark for me. I have owned a U1 diver for a while, and have been impressed with the brand based on that purchase. This is, of course, a completely different watch. However my initial impressions are just as favorable. This model is a 103 A Sa chronograph. 41mm diameter, screw down crown and pushers, saphire crystal and exhibition caseback, countdown bezel, Valjoux 7750-B movement, and solid link bracelet. The chrono works great and snaps right back to 12 o'clock on the dot. The watch has a very nice, substantial weight and feels nice on the wrist. There simply isn't anything about it that looks or feels "cheap" in any way. One very neat thing for me is that the day wheel is in German. I know that the watch can be obtained with English days from the US distributor, but having a German watch with "Minuten" and "Stunden" on the chrono sub dials and German days is just right with me. On Tuesdays the watch says "DIE" - gotta love a watch with an attitude Even BNIB, these watches aren't terribly expensive, and gently pre-owned they can be quite a bargain.

So on to the photos:

And for good measure, the pair:

So, what do you guys think?? Feel free to confess your own Sinns.
belk7 is offline   Reply With Quote