ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 December 2013, 05:53 PM   #1
richjive
"TRF" Member

first post: hello TRF

Hello Everyone,

I have been mostly lurking for a while now but want to finally make a post about how I came about my first Rolex.

Growing up, I never wore watches. In fact, when I was younger, I wore a Mickey mouse watch for a whole florida trip. When I got back and took the watch off, I really disliked the tanline on my wrist. From then on I never wore a watch.

Fast forward to a few years ago. I was given a GMT ceramic by my inlaws as a wedding gift. At the time I knew it was a valuable item but had no interest. On our first holiday dinner as a family, my wife insisted I wear the watch to show I was thankful for the gift. I put the GMT on and there was no turning back.

The feeling of the watch, the way it looked on my wrist, the beautiful smooth movement, almost everything about it talked to me. It was as if I have found something I never knew I lost. I have been wearing the GMT almost every day since.

I have tried to find other daily watches to wear in rotation with the GMT (sieko, victorinox and other cheaper mechanical watches) but none of them could match the feeling of the GMT.

I have since done more shopping/research and want to expand my collection. I was very glad to see Tudor back in the states and am really fond of the Black Shield Ceramic red on black. Wondering if anyone has come across the Black Shields yet? And if so maybe some wrist shots?

I will get some pics of the GMT up, but in the meantime wanted to thank TRF for the wealth of knowledge it has given me and all the great insight everyone has. It is always funny when I talk about watches with other people. They think I am crazy to want to spend thousands on a watch but I shake my head because they just don't understand. It truly is an addiction and I can't wait to build a collection like so many of you guys have :)

Rich
richjive is offline   Reply With Quote