The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 July 2014, 12:40 AM   #11
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
Just a couple of comments about the 5712/1A. I bought it from a well known trusted Seller before I ever handled one in person so basically had to go off the wrist shots and specs. First impression was that it is on the smallish side - I was wearing my AP 44MM ROO at the time so the difference was quite dramatic. In fact, the watch is much lower in profile overall.

Once I got the bracelet resized and put on wrist properly, within a few minutes it hit me. This watch wears "small" but it isn't. If you look at my wrist shot, the watch looks decently sized and I have a 7.5" wrist where I can pull off 47MM watches all day long.

I think it is because of the wide (26MM?) bracelet (relative to the watch head) and the overall thin profile of the watch itself that makes the watch so comfortable on the wrist. While it has a decent presence, it can easily slip under a shirt cuff. (Still amazed that PP can put in that many complications in such a small package.)

The dial is just fantastic to look at. The ever-changing dial from blackish green to blue is just so cool. And even with 4 different complications, the dial does not look cluttered and actually all of the features are very easy to read. I believe that PP made the dial asymmetric so that each complication can be easily seen at a quick glance.

I get it! This is a special watch.
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote