The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 August 2014, 12:26 PM   #1
jdmi32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
It's a small world after all

What are the chances of meeting another WIS, much less another forum member by happenstance? Apparently better than I had thought.

This morning I was on my way back home after spending a wonderful nine days at Walt Disney World with my eight and six year old sons. I heard on the PA system that the flight was being delayed and as I was waiting in line to inquire about the status, a gentleman got in line behind me and asked me about the fight status. After a brief conversation he said "Nice nato" to which I simply replied "thanks".

Now in over twenty years of collecting watches I have only had a handful of people notice any of my watches, and believe it or not the one that got the most comments by far is my Ulysses Nardin Maxi Marine. Well of course I had to sneak a peek at what he was wearing but I could only make out the bezel under his sleeve. I figured it was a Rolex for sure but not the model.

Normally I never comment on anyone else's watch but since he did initiate I decided what the heck and asked if he was wearing a Sub. He promptly slid up his sleeve to show what I thought was a 16710 but he corrected me by saying it was a 16700. His enthusiasm was apparent and that was when I knew he was not an average Rolex wearer. I showed him what I had on and he knew right away it was a 14060M and asked me if I was on the forums (guess he figured a guy wearing a Sub on a nato wasn't typical either). Being a total watch geek I gave him my username instead of my given name. Imagine my surprise to discover I had run into not just a Rolex enthusiast, but a vintage Rolex enthusiast at that. We had a very quick and enjoyable conversation after.

So Jerimiah Lee, I hope you enjoy your trip to the bay area and your visit with Jacek and once again it was truly a pleasure to meet you!

We both knew we had to get the obligatory wrist shot, apologies for the poor quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4463.JPG (88.8 KB, 456 views)
jdmi32 is offline   Reply With Quote