The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 October 2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Firenze!

I achieved one of my WIS goals last week and made it to the Panerai boutique in Florence! The spacious newly designed boutique is beautiful and smells of rich mahogany and leather bound books (Anchorman). It's about 4 times larger than any other Panerai boutique I have been to before and once they finish restoration and knock down the the wall to merge it with the original shop its going to be even larger. I tried to take pics of the inside but the sales rep told me that they wouldn't allow it yet because its only been open for 2 months and they havent even updated the Panerai website to showcase the new boutique.

What I learned from this visit:
1. You can save a lot of money over US retail in Europe. I was quoted $11,850 for a PAM 233 after VAT refund. Thats $4050 less than US retail.

2. PAM 233 wont have a domed crystal next year.

3. I went in to try the 312, 233, 510, and 305 but came out LOVING the PAM 422. That thing is gorgeous in person but Im slightly unsure about its size. Hopefully they come out with something similar in 44mm next year. The price was about $2050 under US retail.

As much as I wanted to pick up the PAM 422, I have a wedding to save up for and I was nervous about lugging around an uninsured piece for another week in Italy. I even turned down a GMT II BLNR at the Rolex boutique for $7400.

My Fiance and I are talking about possibly doing Italy again for our honeymoon next year and this time I wont miss another opportunity.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote