The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 November 2014, 05:04 AM   #10
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I hear you. I think the LV-C is a truly special watch and I would really want to get it, but only after owning the two classic black ones. This is something I wanted almost all my 'wis life' but the 5 digit models were not (IMHO) good enough for me to drop the cash asked for them and Omega took the lead - always had some sort of lead somehow in my mind and I owned two 2531.80, one 2254.50, 2255.80. the classic 3570.50, then two POs 2200.50 black and 2208.80 orange . I had the feeling 'I made it' and 'I'm sitting on top of the world'...But then Rolex decided to upgrade the Sub and also decided that people with small wrists were part of society that deserved to have their watches adjusted perfectly on their chicken wrists and everything changed for me. One by one all my dear Omegas were sold and I just kept my vintage special ones and finally I had both classic black Subs. Now I could own a special version and the LV-C is leading the race. I'm not a huge fan of precious metal watches not only for the price but also the weight and the concept of strapping a chunk of gold to my wrist. Every year I spend a 'used Smurf' on trips (I try to have 2-3 every year) and I've been doing that since 1995 so I could buy a gold Sub if I really wanted just by cutting 2 or 3 trips but then I would have to beg my wife for sex and this would be uncool.. Anyway, I also feel that someday it has to stop. I mean, I can't get watches till the end of my days. I admire our huge collectors here on TRF but their reality are way different from mine and I feel I have to stop. As for your doubt between the Sub and this new Seamaster I can see your exitement with this new model, but unfortunately I don't share the same feelings. I would not even have a split second of doubt in my mind and in your shoes I would have the pair ND-C and LV-C in a heartbeat. But you love this new reference and this will be a tought decision process for you in the near future and I wish you good luck on that my friend.
This is great insight. I feel the same as you. I have had an obsession from apparently no where with a PP 5711 and started contemplating how I could get it. I then thought of the things I would have to give up, somewhere on that list reality set in when I realised I could get a Ducati Pannigale 1199S brand new for less than the watch....so I understand completely your sentiments, as well as your shared anxiety over the looming cloud of celibacy that would also accompany such a purchase. So like you, I've decided to cut my losses and accept that I'm not a "collector" but more just a guy from the block that is fortunate enough to own more than one of these high priced watches that my friends can't believe I own.

I'm not completely in love with this new Seamaster but I'm highly intrigued. My decision is resting at 60/40 in favour of the Omega but one thing is certain. I know the Rolex, I know it would make me happy, I know it is comfortable, I have dozens of photographs of it, where this new watch is new, there's a lot of uncertainty as to it's comfort and how the watch interacts with me. When I look at my LVc I always think, damn....what a dial, my Deepsea was the same. I'm not a flipper so I'm looking for the magic three, and then like you, just stop....and enjoy what I have.

There's a few members here like that that I admire, same watches since I've joined, very content and happy. Don't know if they took this journey we're on but they've arrived. I want to be the same. I can't wait to celebrate a 20 year anniversary with my watch, but that won't happen if I keep flipping.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote