The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 November 2015, 10:59 PM   #1
scimps
Banned

Big decisions. .....

I know I've sent a few of these. ... but it's been a productive "whittling " process and it's almost crunch time.....

I am torn on a decision - gold daytona with slate dial or patek Nautilus in ss

Either way I'll be buying new. It will be incorporating a bit of inheritance money and so it will become sentimental and important for that reason too.... It was dad who taught me how to tell the time and brought me my first watch - It will be my only watch for a decent period I'd say

Annoyingly - I can't find a deal either way..... The Nautilus will be on a 6 month wait and the 116509 I have on hold in London appears to be the last in UK with slate dial - so even the trusted sellers I've approached here can't help....

The watch will be Undoubtedly the best I've ever had - something to cherish but also, it would be an everyday wearer. I've had many rolex so if I went Wg daytona it would be a progressive step from all the ss ones I've worn over the years . I've never had a pp but have come to appreciate them as special pieces - and the 5711 being the sporty one, lends it's self to my needs as an appropriate choice, rather than dress - which would live in its box in my case. Also both being of the less blingy variety means I won't t be too self Conscious and could enjoy them more than others I've ruled out so far.

Finally I guess..... The main draws aside from aesthetics are,
The Wg daytona would be my only gold watch to date - it felt great, hefty, and very subtly opulent .... The Wg aspect giving me the feeling I wanted without advertising to the world.
Vs
The patek was the more prestigious and rarer piece from another league I never thought I'd experience.... also it felt opulent even tho only ss just cos of its reputation, with added financial mindfulness as retention is so much better than with pm rolexes - something dad would've approved of!

Here's a couple of pics cos it helps..... which way would you go, if you'd got the same choice for the same reason?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8417658617_b3cefc9087_b.jpg (62.3 KB, 632 views)
File Type: jpg 116509_1181.jpg (239.5 KB, 627 views)
scimps is offline   Reply With Quote