The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 February 2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Tyrantblade
"TRF" Member

anybody think a lot of watch people don't even consider Breitling?

I know for some people it just comes down to design, which is going to happen as everyone has different tastes

But then there are various reasons why people probably don't even think about buying a Breitling that to me sound pretty stupid

The biggest being "too blingy", like the people that call it Breit-Bling or B-Ling because all they can seem to think about is one or two examples of a highly polished Breitling, perhaps even with diamonds (usually blinged out by some rapper)

Another common reason seems to be people think Breitling designs are too busy, i find this wrong as well because like any watch brand, there are designs with less going on and designs with more going on

And lastly, you have some that don't think its a brand that is really worth what they cost, at retail maybe that could be true as you can find way better deals, but you gotta look at that as not just value on the watch, but also whatever warranties you get and the service you get from the place you buy it at

Some also bring up how they don't have an in house movement (i think their only in-house is the movement in the Chronomat) and feel they should at their price point, i think thats a little silly as the actual gain from an in house movement will be minimal, the biggest difference is the models would probably start costing 50% more

Am i right in thinking a lot of those people probably couldn't be bothered to check Breitling out even if it was literally in their face when they were out and about?

I think i make some pretty valid points and i will one day own a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf or GMT

It would be sweet if i could make it happen by my birthday in March (which will be my 25th birthday), but things in my life are never as certain as id like them to be, so idk if it will happen that soon, it could take months longer, or not even happen this year
Tyrantblade is offline   Reply With Quote