The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 August 2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Pingparme
"TRF" Member

Should I flip my 5712 for a 5960P?

Dear all, I purchased my 5712 brand new in May last year, I still like it but I find the 5960P grey (cheaper) or blue (my first choice but considerably more expensive than the grey) tempting.

Firstly, It would mean trading a brand new piece with a pre-owned (which to some people, is not something to be worried about).

Secondly, it would mean loosing my Nautilus.

Thirdly, I would have to come up with approximately the double of the worth of my 5712.

I find the 5960 design very interesting (and yes I have read that the 5960 has had many complaints about its movement breaking down, and chrono seconds hand falling out of line with 12 o'clock position) and it is also a platinum piece. It is also a step up from the Nautilus but again, a Nautilus is a Nautilus, a category on its own.

Currently I own 3940G (I just returned my 3940J to the store where I purchased it as it was faulty), 3938G blue, 5712, and I just sold my 5164.

Should I also sell my 5712 1/A for the 5960P? If no, case closed, if yes, the grey or the blue (regardless of the fact that the grey is more plentiful than the blue).

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pingparme is offline   Reply With Quote