The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 September 2016, 11:29 AM   #1
Vishy26
"TRF" Member

16710 with a damaged case from a Trusted seller here

In the August of 2014, I bought a X series 16710 from one of the trusted sellers here. It was worn in the initial weeks, later it remained on the sidelines as I had other preferences. Recently, I was trying to wind the watch and the crown came off. So thought its service time. Took it to Rolex Service Centre and they came back saying the case needs to be replaced and the price for that is AUD 4180. Called them up, they said "thread in the case middle and the back is damaged". As per RSC, this damage existed before and said they can't fix it, instead wants to replace the whole case. On further questioning , RSC advised that upon opening the watch they noticed that the case and back were glued together. The watch is still at the RSC presently.

This was reported to the seller early last month, he suggested that RSC might have damaged the threads while opening it. Recommended me to contact a shop in US that rethreads cases and case backs. I rejected that suggestion & recommendation and advised him the other detail provided by the RSC "The watch was glued together". I requested him to take the watch back and return the money. He refused to do that citing his return policy "If the watch was misrepresented I will accept a return if notified within 48 hours of the buyer accepting the watch".

These are the two facts I see..

1.During my ownership of this watch, up until RSC opened it, it was only worn and not opened or checked inside (How would you expect these kind of things to happen. It was bought from a trusted seller here and there is no good reason to get it checked internally)

2.RSC found it glued together

For now, I would go seller undisclosed. There is a reason why I came down to vintage section. 16710 by no means is a vintage but do we have to expect this kind of frailty in the case/case threads on a 25 year old watch?(seller keep pointing to the age of the watch) Are my demands gone overboard here? Appreciate your thoughts on the issue
Vishy26 is offline   Reply With Quote