The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 September 2016, 05:11 AM   #1
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Advice Please: PAM 351 or 441 OR you tell me...

Hey all,

I think I'm gonna take another swing at Panerai. I love the ceramic line, and before we get started you should know I owned a Radiomir 292. I really enjoyed the watch, but realized after a relatively short period of time the wire lugs weren't really my favorite flavor.

So I spent some time at the AD yesterday and realized I want a 44mm Luminor 1950. I also fell hard for the Ti case on the 351. I think the tone of the metal looks amazing with the brown dial and strap.

At this moment I am most interested in the Titanium 351 and the Ceramic 441, and I am very open to other suggestions. Here's my list of preferences...

Price: $5k-9k (preowned or new, trusted seller route most likely)
Size: 44-45mm
Collection: Luminor 1950
Materials: Ceramic, Titanium, Steel
Function/Complications: Seconds & Date (no date is ok too, but I do like having it)
Dial: Sandwich dial, (Tobacco if possible)

Extras Preferences: I really like the tobacco dials, I do like the exhibition case back, I love the brown Asso strap but also really think the croco straps are handsome. I would prefer less complications to cut down on cost and because I frankly don't need them.

Questions:
  • I did try on the 351 yesterday and loved it. I was told by a trusted expert that the movement actually weights more than the Ti case and therefor feels unbalanced when you wear it for a while. Anyone have any experience with that?
  • Any other reasons why I should avoid either of these models?
  • Obviously what other models should I look into? I saw the 312 checks a lot of boxes for me. Should I be considering that? I also saw there's a 1312... what's the deal with that?
  • I'm obviously not buying with the intention of flipping, but Panerai is pretty new to me, it's always a possibility that I will trade or sell. Are there some models that hold their value better than others?
Thank you all so much! Below are the pics of my two front runners. The first two I pulled from google images, the last one is the 351 on my wrist.

Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote