The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 October 2016, 12:55 PM   #1
apurplehaze08
"TRF" Member

Hello! Help me with my Day-Date

Greetings Rolex Forum!

Long time lurker...allow me to introduce myself; I joined the forum in 2008 when I was a freshman in college...big dreams and big goals I guess! I've been proudly wearing my Seiko dive watches for the past 8 years, great value for a young man.

Recent family events have presented me with the opportunity to purchase my grandfather's Rolex Day-Date. Needless to say I took that opportunity to provide some money for my grandparents care, as well as secure this family heirloom. My mother had taken the watch to a gold and jewelry type of place to get it looked at and to get a purchase quote. They said they would pay her $3,500. I said shoot, I'll just buy it! My mom is happy its staying in the family and they are happy to have the money to help with their situation.

I have learned a lot over the last week from this forum but still have some questions. Mainly about the bracelet which seems to be aftermarket. (It does have an 18kt-750 stamp)

What I do know;
Model: 1803
Serial: 5256094
Year: ? Sales receipt says 12/31/79, not sure if that is the same year the watch was made.

I have the original box, certificate, sales receipt, etc. No service records. No spare parts/replaced parts.

I figure I'll just post the pictures and you guys can tell me what you see! We can go from there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2423.JPG (104.7 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2429.JPG (101.6 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2431.jpg (32.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9418.jpg (79.6 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9426.jpg (64.6 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9428.jpg (48.7 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9429.jpg (46.1 KB, 229 views)
apurplehaze08 is offline   Reply With Quote