The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 January 2017, 12:33 AM   #1
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Somewhat disappointed by human nature

So about a week or two ago, on another forum that is primarily watch related, a young man mentioned that he was interested in learning what all the fuss over fountain pens was really about. But he said he was out of work and so could not afford to buy when he had no idea if he would like them. Also, he lived in an area where there were no Brick & Mortar stores within hundreds of miles where he could test fountain pens.

I said I'd try to help him out with the sole condition that should he grow tired of or not like any of the pens he would pass them on to some other new user.

So I put together what I thought would be an interesting range, a couple Parker Vectors and a Parker 21 aerometric, a Sheaffer Prelude and a wonderful Sheaffer pen and pencil set; Sheaffer Sentinel Deluxe from 1947 that was restored by Gerry Berg.

To get him started I included some Parker and Sheaffer cartridges.

Well, the pens arrived almost a week ago yet so far I have not even heard that he got the package.

I understand this is not a really big issue but you would think that a PM at the forum saying "They got here" would be a reasonable expectation.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote