The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 February 2017, 01:05 PM   #1
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
5 years

5 years 700 posts - my take away from the forum in my 5 years of membership.

Every high end collection needs a Rolex, I've peaked at 4 and now sit at one. For me a DD is the ultimate Rolex and if it were only one that would be it. That said a Rolex sports is money in the bank and a real nice to have.

Diversity is king, by all means get what you want and buy what you like but multiple watches of one brand.......

I love the Royal Oak, very subjective I know but it is IMO THE luxury SS watch. A step up from Rolex and it will be forever a keeper in my collection. That said nothing out with the RO grabs me and I so wish AP would come up with another groundbreaking watch instead of regurgitation of the past.

Patek are fantastic, if you can ever get an opportunity to own one sell your others and buy it. I have a Nautilus and its my all time favorite and most comfortable.

Omega - I've owned 4 and as controversial as this may be the brand doesn't do anything for me. That said every collection needs a Speedy which I love.

Omega please stop with the LEs for goodness sake!

Vacheron could have done such a better job in marketing, why they now lag behind Lange is a real shame as they make a great watch.

A Lange Datograph is the most stunning watch I have ever handled, ownership is likely a pipedream but go try one on, and prepare to be gobsmacked.

Never buy a GO, a Cartier or a Skydweller unless you are prepared to eat your lunch, all very good watches but keepers everyone

Vintage is a concept i have thrown around but we should make our own stories and history. Buy new and hand your watch to your kids when done, share with them your stories and explain what it meant to you, it will always mean more than a faceless owner from 20 years gone.

Don't sweat the scratches, its a watch, get over it and enjoy it, the hobby is meant to be an appreciation of horology. If you want a show piece buy art instead. To that end it really doesn't matter if you watch is 1 second or 10 seconds late, who really cares.

A rolex or any watch isn't a passport to being someone better, I've read some posts about people being indignant that as a rolex owner they weren't treated a way they expected. Others are flash and crass, its little wonder stereotypes exit.

Fake news rumors of Basel releases, discontinuation of models and limited editions as just that, don't give the posters the courtesy of a response. Its BS.

Humor rarely carries well in type, some one some where is going to get offended by something you type - we need to all get over that, lifes too short.

The forum is meant to be a meeting of minds and a celebration of the hobby, its not supposed to be a collection of first world problems, alas sometimes I'm not so sure. to the Fake news perpetrators, brand defenders, the easily offended and those that fit so well with the stereotype please take life a little less serious. I don't want to show my face, share my bank account details, my net worth or explain what I do for a living - lets keep it on watches
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote