The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 April 2017, 05:47 PM   #11
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
Not sure I agree with all of this. Rolex releasing an updated model, fair enough, I get that.

As for used values? No, not having that. Have you seen how much the new 671 is going for?

Also, DavidSW has a P series 372, which is either 3 or 4 years old (I don't know if there was a Q serial). He's knocking it out at US$5,975, which I would think is not that much of a saving over a new one considering it's at least three years old. Ok, so it hasn't retained the value of something like, say, a Sub or BLNR but it's probably on par with an Explorer II and better than a DJ. None of the Rolexes would come close to a PP Nautilus but who cares? I personally do not buy watches with an eye on future value. I buy to wear, to love and to enjoy. Unless you can afford pieces that cost similar money to a small Caribbean island, then buying watches as an investment is a mug's game.

Panerai might not be for everyone but then it never was. You get a Panerai for the love of the design and the brand. No one puts a gun to your head and forces you to buy one.

x1,000,000!

Great post.

This is a watch forum to share what we love. Yet it's amazing how many people lose sight of this and get negative.

There's a watch out there for everyone and life is too short.

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote