The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 June 2017, 11:17 AM   #1
Alford78
"TRF" Member

PP Rose Gold and wearability?

Hello everyone. I'm searching for my next watch and have never owned a PP RG watch and have only owned one PM watch in general that I only wore a hand full of times because it didn't fit well on my wrist. So the question is how much do you all concentrate on wrist presence and try to "always" avoid rubbing/scratching the watch/clasp when wearing the rose gold models?

I currently wear my 5167 99% of the time including sleeping, showering, swimming, working for the most part(not behind a desk), and cooking so I have worn it like a Rolex Sub pretty much. It has served me very well and I have tried to be conscience of its presence when could otherwise rub my wrist up against something. I'd say it's held up rather well considering how delicate the finish is on the case and clasp. There are only very small hairline scratches on the top brushed bezel and the same for the clasp but just more of them.

The watches that are currently on my radar are the 5711r with bracelet, 5164r, and the 5712r. Then there is the Rolex Sky Dweller RG on bracelet which for some reason keeps popping up in my mind even though I know it would be harder to flip than any of the PP models I'm currently interested in buying.

One aspect of the above watches that I would like some opinions on is the RG bracelet vs clasp wearability and if you all consider this when deciding which watch you will be wearing in a particular day? Obviously leather and water don't mix but would there be second thoughts about wearing the bracelet over a clasp in general if it was just a regular day in the office or around town? I like the bracelet more than leather for sure but have really grown to love the tropical rubber strap of the Aquanaut a lot. At the same time I don't want to end up with a RG bracelet that looks bad from a ton of scataches either. Exactly how hard are RG bracelets to keep looking good I guess is a good way of asking it?

Any all all person options and facts about wearing PP rose gold and Rolex's version of rose gold would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
Alex
Alford78 is offline   Reply With Quote