The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 June 2017, 04:43 PM   #24
oldsalt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ?????
I'd already bought a BLNR from an AD on Maui HI... walked into the same dealer about six months later (on another holiday) - bought some jewellery for my wife...and nearing the end of the transaction the lovely saleslady produced the Daytona (still in it's plastic coffin) from a drawer and offered me first refusal... I grabbed it with both hands... so I was "in the right place at the right time" plus I had established a rapport with the AD... this particular AD doesn't have a waiting list - they sell as the stock arrives... anyway that's my tale of purchasing my Daytona... and I had been told that I couldn't even get on the waiting list in Melbourne Australia as "it was full up"...needless to say they got quite a shock when I walked in wearing my new watch a few weeks later !!!!

cheers