The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 November 2017, 03:32 AM   #1
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
potential first AP purchase

Hi everyone, I wanted to get your opinions on something.. considering a 15400st grey dial from a local watch store.. they're not an AP AD but they're a rolex, breitling etc AD.. they have a pre owned 15400st for sale for $13k but no box or papers! Is it worth getting without b&p or should i wait and spring for one with.. but that price just seems really good... I havent seen the watch or any 15400's in person yet (was talking to them about steel sky dwellers and they mentioned they had that grey 15400)... but all the pictures i've seen and feedback on the 15400st has made me really like it and want one! it would be my first AP watch

Originally I was considering the 42mm ROO's.. but had a couple opportunities to try them on and it just didnt do anything for me... was also considering the RO chrono panda, love that dial, but is it worth springing more money for? 15400 seems like a classic and in house movement is always a plus so is it worth spending more for a chrono and non AP movement?

Lastly, and sorry i know this is a lot, another watch i was considering is the rolex 116515... tried one on and thought it was beautiful, but i also know i couldnt wear that watch daily or maybe not even often.. but a used one is in the same price range as the RO chrono's so its something im considering as well... i know completely different watch, but i can only buy ONE at the moment and i want them all... also would love a rose gold RO but thats way out of my price range.. all in all.. leaning heavily towards getting a 15400st, whether it be that grey one or not... thoughts please? any input would be appreciated. Thanks

oh my current watches are a batman(my favorite right now), omega dark side, coke 16710 stick dial (planning to sell these two last because they just dont get any wear!) so really just looking for another watch to go with my batman
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote