The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 April 2018, 12:36 AM   #1
theflywrist
"TRF" Member

First AP incoming, and absolutely smitten!

So long story short for my dear AP lovers.

I've always been a fan of the simple RO time only.

The bracelet/design, finishing and overall aesthetic has always been appealing to me.

I still remember 3 years ago when I would go to the AD almost every other day to try on the 15450. I didnt pull the trigger on it because I really wanted it to be a darker dial (at the time only silver existed).

The 39 MM 15300/15202 were out of the question as they didnt wear as refined as I like my watches to wear.

Fast forward to now, my tastes have evolved and I am into vintage watch collecting.

I have had my eyes open for a 36 MM 14790 in exceptional condition for a LONG time now. I came close to buying one once about a year ago, but the case was too polished for my liking.
Naturally as these watches got serviced always at AP, they tend to be polished. This is more so the case with the older watches when people cared less about such things. For me, an overly polished case on an AP totally ruins its charm.

Being a vintage collector, dings, scratches, and "wear" do not bother me, perfect looking(polished) old watches bug me.

Without further ado, here's an exceptional early dial 14790. Fits like a glove(almost the same size as a vintage daytona), and I am SMITTEN!

theflywrist is offline   Reply With Quote