The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 February 2009, 04:49 AM   #1
john11f
"TRF" Member

GMT IIc/ Deep Sea (or Sea-Dweller as 1st Rolex)

Newbie here looking to buy my first Rolex and I don't want to regret & make a mistake. I always like to put a lot of thought to justify a purchase and it seems both new Rolex offerings are tickling my fancy. After trying the Deep Sea in the AD though, I crossed it out of my list being too big. I do like big watches (Panerai, Breitling) but the Deep Sea was way too thick.

So, now I'm inclined on he GMT IIc w/ ceramic bezel and the new bracelet. It seems Rolex did this very right. Only thing that turns me off is the green text but I could justify that its Rolex colors and they released this on their 50th anniversary.

Also, looking at the Sea-Dweller since it will no longer be produced having been replaced by the Deep Sea. I think value for the old one will increase since I predict the Deep Sea will not be a long term commercial success.

The GMT IIc is on the lead and I'm on the verge to get one. It's all a matter of how much savings I get buying it from a grey dealer or how little premium I need to pay-up w. an AD.

Either or, seems like I'm going to be a proud owner of a ROLEX. First timer here and I think the brand is in its evolving stage.
john11f is offline   Reply With Quote