The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 August 2019, 07:36 AM   #1
glimmer
Banned

42mm ROO Choice?

Hi all,

It’s been quite sometime since I’ve had an AP- I’ve owned a 15400, a 15300, and an ROO 26170 Navy which I sold around 2 years ago.

Recently I’ve gotten the itch for an Offshore again, in particular the newer (now discontinued as well) version of the Navy with the blue dial and white/silver subdials. I am now currently in the process of moving some of my watches to accommodate a purchase.

A few days ago I started to take notice of the Elephant as well: what struck me about it was how discreet it is compared to the relatively bolder styling of the Navy. Which brought me to the reason why I sold my first Offshore: I found the dial layout too bold and contrasting.

Now I am stuck between choosing between the two. I seem to like the Elephant more as the design seems to be more in line with my personal taste but somehow feel that legibility might be an issue? On the other hand I love the sportiness of the Navy, specifically the orange accents.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Photos below taken from the web:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glimmer is offline   Reply With Quote