The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 30 September 2019, 11:49 PM   #91
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesB View Post
A dial design of horizontal stripes makes it easy to spot. Given the 'T' goes past the top of one of the stripes makes it an open and shut case.

The annoyance of the wait will pass soon enough. If it was me, I'd try to get the process rolling ASAP so I'd stop thinking about it.

It’s rolling. Trust me...I’m not the silent type...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
LOL, sorry but this is hilarious. One spends an absurd markup for a T&Co badge on the dial and they half assed throw it on there.
The annoying part is the difficulty of getting one and waiting to get one u know... u must have a meme for this.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 12:02 AM   #92
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post

Not the silent type - you do surprise me
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 12:24 AM   #93
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:

The annoying part is the difficulty of getting one and waiting to get one u know... u must have a meme for this.
Use this as an opportunity to get more free stuff. Perhaps a few extra Patek ties, a watch winder and some gloves to start kthx?
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 12:26 AM   #94
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11n View Post
from Hodinkee article... "there is a very narrow range of acceptable results - anything less than perfect is immediately wiped off with benzine and re-done from the beginning"

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pr...patek-philippe
Quote:
I wonder which guy stamped my watch in that picture. The guy instructing or the guy doing...
It was definitely the dude who hasn't shaved in a few days.
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 03:12 AM   #95
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Finally get that Patek hat? The sheeran 1
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 03:48 AM   #96
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Use this as an opportunity to get more free stuff. Perhaps a few extra Patek ties, a watch winder and some gloves to start kthx?
The idea that they owe some “free stuff” because of a mistake is pretty outrageous and seems to be the view of quite a few on here. If someone tried to extort my business because of a mistake an employee made I’d get rid of that customer as a matter of principle. What a bunch of ***** you guys are. And the other thing that makes no sense is not wanting the watch “opened up”. It was sent to HSWA complete and opened up for the stamp to be put on in the first place.

Last edited by Lol-x; 1 October 2019 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: abuse
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 03:56 AM   #97
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
The idea that they owe some “free stuff” because of a mistake is pretty outrageous and seems to be the view of quite a few on here. If someone tried to extort my business because of a mistake an employee made I’d get rid of that customer as a matter of principle. What a bunch of entitled assholes you guys are. And the other thing that makes no sense is not wanting the watch “opened up”. It was sent to HSWA complete and opened up for the stamp to be put on in the first place.
Kelly told me it was done tat patek. Didn’t know it was reopened back up. I was under the assumption it was done at patek in Geneva.
Old 1 October 2019, 03:56 AM   #98
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
And u didn’t tell me. :(
I don’t even use a loupe.

My other friends t stamp is not crooked but off.

What’s this thread teach everyone?... when buying a t-stamp, make sure the stamp is not off.
I am not one to rain on a parade and I have seen crooked stamps before.
Old 1 October 2019, 03:56 AM   #99
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Finally get that Patek hat? The sheeran 1
Nah. All u bro
Old 1 October 2019, 04:07 AM   #100
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kelly told me it was done tat patek. Didn’t know it was reopened back up. I was under the assumption it was done at patek in Geneva.
Nope, done at HSWA in NYC which is Patek USA. They service watches there, do the Tiffany stamp etc. And think about this, what if you went to an Ed Sheeran concert and during your favorite song his piano player hits a wrong note or chord. Are you going to demand free tickets to his next show because of a mistake. Maybe the lesson is inspect the watch for visible flaws when you buy it.
Old 1 October 2019, 04:12 AM   #101
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Nope, done at HSWA in NYC which is Patek USA. They service watches there, do the Tiffany stamp etc. And think about this, what if you went to an Ed Sheeran concert and during your favorite song his piano player hits a wrong note or chord. Are you going to demand free tickets to his next show because of a mistake. Maybe the lesson is inspect the watch for visible flaws when you buy it.
I get what you are saying, I’m not going to be demanding anything free. That’s not me. Unless it’s food then it’s always free.

I’ll probably ask for favors/access etc. on numerous different things... I’m first and foremost a Tiffany client not a patek client in this scenario. My sales people and the managers treat me fairly well. I’m not concerned about the outcome here.

Want to make it clear. I’m not asking for anything. I left it with the sales person what she wants to do.
Old 1 October 2019, 04:17 AM   #102
martinr
"TRF" Member

I’m sure they’ll fix it for you. I want free food too. RF&B. Room, food, and beverage.
Old 1 October 2019, 04:20 AM   #103
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
I’m sure they’ll fix it for you. I want free food too. RF&B. Room, food, and beverage.
Besides I just had free food at Milos at Hudson yards in NYC

:)
Old 1 October 2019, 04:34 AM   #104
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Not going to lie... patek/tiffany... was the guy/gal drunk when he was stamping it?
I would have it redone if you notice it. It also could negatively affect resale value since people will think it is a fake stamp, being done so poorly.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 04:55 AM   #105
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Wow, I just saw this thread and thought the kinda low quality picture was a spoof found on the internet. I don't own a loupe, don't worry about minor imperfections in my watch, and have recently started wearing readers to, uh, read. But this is obvious with a capital O.

I truly am shocked that this could make it out of the stamping room without being flagged, and then even more shocked that your salesperson would not notice and/or not say something. IMO, this doesn't reflect too well on either super-prestigious brand. I would think they would elevate this ultra simple fix and get it done in a week or two, not months.

My platinum Daytona had an issue with the timing hand stuttering around 12 o'clock. I brought it into the Beverly Hills SC when in L.A. and it was sent to the service center in PA that does Daytonas, fixed and Fedexed to my front door in Chicagoland 12 days later. PP/T should endeavor to do the same.
Old 1 October 2019, 05:00 AM   #106
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
The idea that they owe some “free stuff” because of a mistake is pretty outrageous and seems to be the view of quite a few on here. If someone tried to extort my business because of a mistake an employee made I’d get rid of that customer as a matter of principle. What a bunch of entitled assholes you guys are. And the other thing that makes no sense is not wanting the watch “opened up”. It was sent to HSWA complete and opened up for the stamp to be put on in the first place.
Unnecessary personal insults, tone it down.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 05:42 AM   #107
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Ok to disagree but the insults need to stop.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 05:58 AM   #108
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Wow, I just saw this thread and thought the kinda low quality picture was a spoof found on the internet. I don't own a loupe, don't worry about minor imperfections in my watch, and have recently started wearing readers to, uh, read. But this is obvious with a capital O.

I truly am shocked that this could make it out of the stamping room without being flagged, and then even more shocked that your salesperson would not notice and/or not say something. IMO, this doesn't reflect too well on either super-prestigious brand. I would think they would elevate this ultra simple fix and get it done in a week or two, not months.

My platinum Daytona had an issue with the timing hand stuttering around 12 o'clock. I brought it into the Beverly Hills SC when in L.A. and it was sent to the service center in PA that does Daytonas, fixed and Fedexed to my front door in Chicagoland 12 days later. PP/T should endeavor to do the same.
Nope, Patek is not immune to quality issues. I’ve had my fair share of quality control issues. I’ve passed on a couple of 5712Rs (before the crazy Nautilus hype) due to issues like uneven lume and uneven polishing of bezel.

Still love Patek and I closely inspect before buying.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 06:44 AM   #109
Pimpsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5712/1A
To me, the striking issue is that the watch actually made it to the end user in this condition. It speaks very negatively to the QC processes in place (or not in place as the case may be!).

And, it has to be said...how could this possibly not be caught by the person actually stamping the dial?? It is after all a very delicate hand performed procedure, is it not? Very difficult to imagine how this sort of thing slips by the initial technician, much less anyone else.

The only thing seemingly more extreme is to refer to people as "entitled assholes" for expecting some sort of compensation. Personally, I would absolutely compensate a client in some way for the time spent dealing with the issue, for being without the watch during repair, and simply to demonstrate good will over what one hopes to be a very rare lapse in standards. MUCH better to have a client tell the story of how awesomely he was treated during this incident than have him ramble on about QC issues and lack of satisfaction from my high end sales business.
Pimpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 07:26 AM   #110
turborolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Who is Kelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 October 2019, 07:35 AM   #111
turborolex
"TRF" Member

Don’t know whether to be happy or upset... my t-stamp is crooked

Quote:

I learned my lesson the hard way!!

Bought a 59801A only to notice a few days later this——>

I got the whole it’s unique and it’s hand made BS, but I wouldn’t bite.

AD wanted to send to HSWA to fix but I got a full refund for obvious reasons.

Now I take my time to inspect before I leave the store.

Walked away from a couple this year for QA issues like the ones mentioned here.

Old 1 October 2019, 07:36 AM   #112
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nope.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pr...patek-philippe
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 07:37 AM   #113
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post
To me, the striking issue is that the watch actually made it to the end user in this condition. It speaks very negatively to the QC processes in place (or not in place as the case may be!).

And, it has to be said...how could this possibly not be caught by the person actually stamping the dial?? It is after all a very delicate hand performed procedure, is it not? Very difficult to imagine how this sort of thing slips by the initial technician, much less anyone else.

The only thing seemingly more extreme is to refer to people as "entitled assholes" for expecting some sort of compensation. Personally, I would absolutely compensate a client in some way for the time spent dealing with the issue, for being without the watch during repair, and simply to demonstrate good will over what one hopes to be a very rare lapse in standards. MUCH better to have a client tell the story of how awesomely he was treated during this incident than have him ramble on about QC issues and lack of satisfaction from my high end sales business.
How about politely asking them to fix the problem and when they do thanking them for taking care of it. They’ll probably offer some token item to show they appreciate your business, they aren’t new to customer service. The problem to me is DEMANDING or expecting to be given free stuff as if you were treated poorly to begin with. Mistakes happen and like I said the guy buying the watch can always inspect it for flaws. I’ve had numerous Pateks and a few had QC problems, not visually but mechanically. And they were always fixed and I didn’t say gimme a free hat or move me up in the line for the 5712 or whatever watch I’m waiting for. You want people to remember the good experience they had, that works both ways, the AD or Tiffany wants to remember the customer in a good way also. They are people after all, not just some storefront vending machine.
Old 1 October 2019, 07:40 AM   #114
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
How about politely asking them to fix the problem and when they do thanking them for taking care of it. They’ll probably offer some token item to show they appreciate your business, they aren’t new to customer service. The problem to me is DEMANDING or expecting to be given free stuff as if you were treated poorly to begin with. Mistakes happen and like I said the guy buying the watch can always inspect it for flaws. I’ve had numerous Pateks and a few had QC problems, not visually but mechanically. And they were always fixed and I didn’t say gimme a free hat or move me up in the line for the 5712 or whatever watch I’m waiting for. You want people to remember the good experience they had, that works both ways, the AD or Tiffany wants to remember the customer in a good way also. They are people after all, not just some storefront vending machine.
Good advice

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 07:51 AM   #115
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Martin - you might be taking things a bit too literally -we're all gentlemen here and no one is suggesting demanding free stuff. In practice I would do everything you mentioned - be polite, respectful, and understanding ; mistakes happen and having some empathy goes a long way with relationships.

At the same time I think it is perfectly fine communicating your level of distress at getting a prized 5711r reserved only for the best VVIPs and it has shoddy work that is not up to par. Everyone including Patek and Tiffany would be aghast at such a "sacred and widely advertised process" being messed up. It is quite a shock to be honest.

At that time, I don't believe there is anything wrong with asking politely or even cheekily (hey some humor is good right?) "are there any toys or fun stuff I can play with while I wait for the 5711r?" Bear in mind that for many of us, we rather not have had the issue and losing a watch for weeks or months is quite...painful (at least for me); it would put me in a far better mood than simple courtesy or an expeditious warranty process (that is already expected).

There's a reason why some of us book the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons for holidays, we know we'll get consistently good service/quality, and when we don't, they usually do what it takes to make us happy- good business sense in the long run for the discerning customer.

Quote:
Old 1 October 2019, 08:35 AM   #116
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborolex View Post
I learned my lesson the hard way!!

Bought a 59801A only to notice a few days later this——>

I got the whole it’s unique and it’s hand made BS, but I wouldn’t bite.

AD wanted to send to HSWA to fix but I got a full refund for obvious reasons.

Now I take my time to inspect before I leave the store.

Walked away from a couple this year for QA issues like the ones mentioned here.

Yeah I remember.
Old 1 October 2019, 08:39 AM   #117
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah I remember.
I will be happy to take the place of Tiffany customer service in gracefully accommodating to you a full no questions asked refund complete with a Red Lobster gift card on that botched Tiffany stamp any day. I might even throw in some scraps...I mean hats or my VIP aquanaut rubber bracelet from the New York Exhibition in 2017.

Of course since I am cheap you ain't getting sales tax back.
Old 1 October 2019, 08:41 AM   #118
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I will be happy to give you a full refund on that botched Tiffany stamp any day Ninjutsu. You can also win your own over/under bet on the 5170P in a nefarious yet creative way.
U cannot have my deformed watch!!!
Old 1 October 2019, 08:45 AM   #119
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Still, despite everything said so far, I'm still surprised something this blatant made it through both Patek and Tiffany QC.

That said, I do acknowledge mistakes and slip-ups happen, so I'm certain they'll get it resolved to your utmost satisfaction.

Doesn't alleviate my surprise, though. :)
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 08:46 AM   #120
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
U cannot have my deformed watch!!!
Even with the Red Lobster gift card? Think about it, you can go to the Red Lobster and NOT get almost-mugged this time.