The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 October 2019, 03:56 AM   #31
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
The best grey dealers are TRF members that sponsor our giveaways
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:57 AM   #32
jctrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
TBH, I'd say most here already know to not expect an AD experience from AuthenticWatches. Maybe not? /shrug
Do you work for Authentic Watches? Why do you keep trying to defend them? The OP asked if it was stickered and everyone into watches knows what he meant and he was clearly played a sucker. The way they conduct business is clearly dishonest.
I’m sorry you have experienced this on such a large purchase OP. Does the watch look new at least? Does it have box and papers? If it looks good I’d just suck it up and enjoy the watch and chalk it up as an experience. Thanks for outing them I hope they’ll lose tens of thousands of sales because of this.
jctrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:57 AM   #33
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
I bought an Omega from them years ago. Never again.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:57 AM   #34
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
"You must be Jules, which would make you Vincent. Let's get down to brass tacks, gentlemen. If I was informed correctly, the clock is ticking, is that right, Jimmie?"
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:57 AM   #35
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
You were expecting full OEM stickers on a watch purchased at a discount from a gray seller?

Sorry, this is nothing to "beware" of.
I got my 116234 6 years ago like that from a gray seller.
Old 17 October 2019, 03:58 AM   #36
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrolex View Post
Do you work for Authentic Watches? Why do you keep trying to defend them? The OP asked if it was stickered and everyone into watches knows what he meant and he was clearly played a sucker. The way they conduct business is clearly dishonest.
I’m sorry you have experienced this on such a large purchase OP. Does the watch look new at least? Does it have box and papers? If it looks good I’d just suck it up and enjoy the watch and chalk it up as an experience. Thanks for outing them I hope they’ll lose tens of thousands of sales because of this.
LMAO, no. Never done business with them. I'm not defending them; just pointing out that expecting a full AD package from a known gray seller is setting expectations a bit high. There's nothing to beware of if you're familiar with the business model of gray sellers.

Do you expect a watch purchased from Joma Shop to have full AD stickers too?
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:59 AM   #37
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Can we all agree that not all 'Grey' dealers are alike?

It's not like there's a governing body or SOP manual they all follow.

A 'Grey' is a broker to the AD and a reseller to us.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:59 AM   #38
Nolander
"TRF" Member

Years ago I bought an Omega bracelet from them. When it arrived it was the wrong one. I called and the person I spoke with confirmed the model number I ordered and agreed that they sent me the wrong one. They exchanged it for the right one, but made me pay to ship back the wrong bracelet they sent to me by mistake. It wasn’t much money, but that’s just bad business. I haven’t shopped on their site or bought anything from them since.
Nolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 03:59 AM   #39
bonatto
"TRF" Member

Agreed on it behind deceitful nonetheless. Will avoid.
bonatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:00 AM   #40
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctrolex View Post
Not sure what his deal is...

No papers...

So I paid 10k for a non-stickered, no card 116622...

Got took!
streetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:01 AM   #41
eteokles
"TRF" Member

I would eat the restocking fee if that happened to me and buy elsewhere. If it was just poor communication on their part and not game playing, they should have refunded your money. I agree that "stickered" has a particular meaning in the watch world. In my mind, stickered does not mean Saran-wrapped.
eteokles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:01 AM   #42
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
What a play with words.
Stickers yeah, just not OEM as appears inferred.
That sucks.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:01 AM   #43
Noonan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfish View Post
Not sure what his deal is...

No papers...

So I paid 10k for a non-stickered, no card 116622...

Got took!
You KNEW there were no papers when you bought it. Now you're just making shit up.

Let me guess, you saw the below MSRP price and thought you could make a quick buck flipping?
Old 17 October 2019, 04:02 AM   #44
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LMAO, no. Never done business with them. I'm not defending them; just pointing out that expecting a full AD package from a known gray seller is setting expectations a bit high. There's nothing to beware of if you're familiar with the business model of gray sellers.

Do you expect a watch purchased from Joma Shop to have full AD stickers too?
If I emailed Joma Shop and confirmed it was a stickered example, i'd expect a stickered watch delivered.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:02 AM   #45
Gotgolf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I would never buy anything from a cr@ppy company like them. Thanks for the warning, in Rolex world stickers mean factory stickers regardless of what price they selling for. Don’t let some fool trying to make a misleading advertising acceptable. There are nothing acceptable about a business falsely advertised for their items.
Gotgolf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:02 AM   #46
cbalster
"TRF" Member

I recently purchased from a different website. There were several ways to pay, via PayPal, wire, or Credit Card. Somehow, paying by PayPal entitled me to a $100 price reduction and the ability to return without restocking fees. Of course, I paid thru PayPal but I thought it was a bit of an arbitrage since I paid thru PayPal using my credit card anyway to reap the CC rewards as well as the $100 reduction and the ability to return without restocking. However, my experience was different than yours as I ripped off the stickers once I received and authenticated the watch.

10% restocking fee is ludicrous in the year 2019. I would like to know what costs that offsets. I would not buy a watch without knowing the restocking fee. For the record, may I also state that it is ridiculous that the Submariner, in production since 1953, is also not available for sale readily at retail, so the world is indeed a strange place.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:03 AM   #47
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You KNEW there were no papers when you bought it. Now you're just making shit up.

Let me guess, you saw the below MSRP price and thought you could make a quick buck flipping?
Bro, making what up? I never stated it had a warranty card.

And bud, you don't know me. I am not looking to flip anything. Stop talking like you know me btch.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:04 AM   #48
jack0
"TRF" Member

IMO this thread is justified, the seller clearly knows what the OP was asking about when he emailed about the stickers and decided to deliberately give a misleading answer. Perhaps they’ll claim the next watch they sell comes with ‘box and papers’ and ship it in a shoe box with a copy of the Washington Post?

On a separate note, if the watch is unworn / unpolished, I would probably end up keeping it if I was the Op.
jack0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:05 AM   #49
Noonan
Banned

Quote:
Bro, making what up? I never stated it had a warranty card.

And bud, you don't know me. I am not looking to flip anything. Stop talking like you know me btch.
Then go and enjoy your brand new Rolex that you got at good price rather than complaining about stickers that only matter to flippers.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:06 AM   #50
mohillips
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126300
Is it a genuine rolex?

If so, I wouldn't worry too much of its in perfect condition.

Just treat it as a lesson learned

Wear in good health my friend

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
mohillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:06 AM   #51
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0 View Post
IMO this thread is justified, the seller clearly knows what the OP was asking about when he emailed about the stickers and decided to deliberately give a misleading answer. Perhaps they’ll claim the next watch they sell comes with ‘box and papers’ and ship it in a shoe box with a copy of the Washington Post?

On a separate note, if the watch is unworn / unpolished, I would probably end up keeping it if I was the Op.
I'm going to take it to an AD and have them confirm it's unpolished. If so, I agree, screw it.

It's actually a wedding present for my wife... she doesn't care if its stickered, but I'm no expert, and don't buy non-stickered watches as I can't tell if they have been polished or not.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:07 AM   #52
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Unless the watch is damaged/scratched, etc...if you really love the watch and wasn’t planning on flipping it, why care so much about the stickers. If it’s for the principal of the thing OK, I get it.

My suggestion would be to peel the stickers off and enjoy your new watch (if you love it). That’s what you’d do if it came with factory stickers, no?

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:10 AM   #53
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
First off, I don't see any stickers, I see some sort of shrink-wrap.
To some it may be 'no big deal', but it sure appears as though AuthenticWatches.com plays fairly loosely with the truth. Makes you wonder what else AuthenticWatches.com might be comfortable misrepresenting.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:11 AM   #54
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Unless the watch is damaged/scratched, etc...if you really love the watch and wasn’t planning on flipping it, why care so much about the stickers. If it’s for the principal of the thing OK, I get it.

My suggestion would be to peel the stickers off and enjoy your new watch (if you love it). That’s what you’d do if it came with factory stickers, no?
I have purchased two watches off TRF.

A stickered Batman and a stickered Kermit.

I put the Kermit in the safe with stickers in tact, and the Batman I peeled and am wearing now.

Those OEM stickers give me that comfort that it's a NEW and Unworn watch... and I am willing to pay that premium.
Old 17 October 2019, 04:13 AM   #55
Noonan
Banned

Quote:
Those OEM stickers give me that comfort that it's a NEW and Unworn watch... and I am willing to pay that premium.
Then....why did you buy from an online discount watch shop rather than an AD?
Old 17 October 2019, 04:15 AM   #56
ian.thomas
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry streetfish, that sucks. At least it's a great watch and looks good (from what I can see).

One thing I would have been concerned about is the pushy sale at the end of their message; order asap, price will significantly go up, etc. That's a big turn off to me.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:15 AM   #57
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Then....why did you buy from an online discount watch shop rather than an AD?
Because this dial is discontinued and after calling over 50 ADs, I had to turn to the grey market to find one.

Seriously, do we have a problem? What's with you?
Old 17 October 2019, 04:16 AM   #58
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Just noticed this case back sticker... is this OEM at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 17 October 2019, 04:17 AM   #59
RobsterCraw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post

Lots of us care to leave the stickers in place as long as possible, especially the clasp. Offers some form of "protection". When they get too crappy looking I will peel them off. I've had some last over a year.
RobsterCraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:17 AM   #60
cbalster
"TRF" Member

I think you need to speak with someone above Peter Grant. The owner of the business is Sean Kach, though this info is notably absent from their website. Perhaps he can weigh in here and make this right and save his reputation.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote