The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2 December 2019, 02:06 PM   #91
brigadoonb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
.....grabbing some popcorn and a cherry coke
Old 2 December 2019, 04:02 PM   #92
xelor63
"TRF" Member

Who’s gonna tell Ellen about the fake insert!

XELOR

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Old 2 December 2019, 04:18 PM   #93
twnturbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT/1680 MKIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelor63 View Post
Who’s gonna tell Ellen about the fake insert!

XELOR

Holy Merde not Ellen
TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Day Date
Bell & Ross BR03-92
Old 2 December 2019, 04:31 PM   #94
1watch
"TRF" Member

Whether legit or not, it’s got to at least be a service insert. How else to explain the lack of fade on any of the examples I’ve been able to locate on searches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 December 2019, 04:42 PM   #95
jedly1
"TRF" Member

I don’t really have a dog in this fight but a few thoughts on this ‘letter’ ...

1. All correspondence I have ever seen or had from Geneva has been on green paper .. by hard copy or by email as attached PDF

2. Every piece of correspondence I have had requesting information on vintage watches has been replied to by after sales or heritage , by fairly specific known people with expertise in the area of vintage watches

3 . For the last 10 years of so since liability became an issue for Rolex , I have heard the same mantra over and the over again .. we do NOT comment without physically inspecting a piece first .

4 . Does anyone know or research ..‘Isabelle humm as a Rolex employee ? ‘ ... an more so an employee qualified to make comment on such matters ...if she truly is and I just can’t track her down ... I suspect she will be paying her boss a visit this morning ....

5 there are several watches that have been accepted and serviced by Rolex ( including the blue bezel being noted ) to make a statement like this would leave them with serious liability issues regarding anyone who bought such a watch ...

6 there are multiple discussions about on forums , most notably o+p that all reach the conclusion that blue bezels were never supplied new on watches but were at best a service part ... that is how almost everyone I’ve ever met views them ...

6 I note the ‘letter’ has now been deleted by the original poster ....
Old 2 December 2019, 04:58 PM   #96
xelor63
"TRF" Member

Fading en scratches is the easy part to make the insert look vintage

XELOR

Old 2 December 2019, 04:59 PM   #97
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Here is the phone number found in the top left corner of the letter - 41 22 302 22 00.

Maybe someone living in Geneva or elsewhere in Europe can get her on the phone and find on what is going on with this "blueberry" letter.

A quick goggle search indicates this phone number belongs to the Rolex SA Service Center in Geneva.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolex google.JPG (48.6 KB, 404 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 2 December 2019, 05:01 PM   #98
xelor63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
I don’t really have a dog in this fight but a few thoughts on this ‘letter’ ...

1. All correspondence I have ever seen or had from Geneva has been on green paper .. by hard copy or by email as attached PDF

2. Every piece of correspondence I have had requesting information on vintage watches has been replied to by after sales or heritage , by fairly specific known people with expertise in the area of vintage watches

3 . For the last 10 years of so since liability became an issue for Rolex , I have heard the same mantra over and the over again .. we do NOT comment without physically inspecting a piece first .

4 . Does anyone know or research ..‘Isabelle humm as a Rolex employee ? ‘ ... an more so an employee qualified to make comment on such matters ...if she truly is and I just can’t track her down ... I suspect she will be paying her boss a visit this morning ....

5 there are several watches that have been accepted and serviced by Rolex ( including the blue bezel being noted ) to make a statement like this would leave them with serious liability issues regarding anyone who bought such a watch ...

6 there are multiple discussions about on forums , most notably o+p that all reach the conclusion that blue bezels were never supplied new on watches but were at best a service part ... that is how almost everyone I’ve ever met views them ...

6 I note the ‘letter’ has now been deleted by the original poster ....

The watches are accepted at a RSC, in RSC Brussel they accepted a submariner with a white explorer dial. Send a blueberry to Rolex service Geneve and it will come back as a Pepsi!

XELOR

Old 2 December 2019, 05:10 PM   #99
twnturbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT/1680 MKIV
To add fuel to the fire, i posted this trifecta of an all red hand, Radial dial faded Blueberry somewhere a while back
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (140.8 KB, 412 views)
TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Day Date
Bell & Ross BR03-92
Old 2 December 2019, 05:22 PM   #100
jedly1
"TRF" Member

With the greatest of respect to our Belgian members , I am not talking about smaller affiliate centres , we all know they have made terrible authentications ... but I would not say the same if Rolex Uk ...., but you miss my point totally ... my point is about liability ... not about wether they are right or not ... they would not write a blanket statement like this imho , or certainly no one who knew what they were doing would as it would and does expose them to liability issues .

I recently helped a friend with a blue bezel gmt of his , over which we had concerns as to the authenticity of the insert and we decided that the best solution was to submit it to Rolex for their opinion ... I can tell you now their answer was NOT that all blue bezels are fake , that would have been a nice short and easy conversation ... their answer was bring it to us in Geneva and we will tell you if we think it’s a real one or not ... that is a response that tells me they believe at least some are real ... as they suggested I flew from Australia to Geneva ( and also on some other research and watches ) where we repeated the conversation in person .....after several weeks of examining it they determined that they were not happy it was authentic and we agreed for them to fit a new Pepsi .
Old 2 December 2019, 05:34 PM   #101
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Very interesting Jed. Thank you for sharing.

Not sure you can but it would be interesting to see the one that they actually ruled out. If you have pics and the owner is happy to share that with us.
Old 2 December 2019, 05:39 PM   #102
xelor63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
With the greatest of respect to our Belgian members , I am not talking about smaller affiliate centres , we all know they have made terrible authentications ... but I would not say the same if Rolex Uk ...., but you miss my point totally ... my point is about liability ... not about wether they are right or not ... they would not write a blanket statement like this imho , or certainly no one who knew what they were doing would as it would and does expose them to liability issues .

I recently helped a friend with a blue bezel gmt of his , over which we had concerns as to the authenticity of the insert and we decided that the best solution was to submit it to Rolex for their opinion ... I can tell you now their answer was NOT that all blue bezels are fake , that would have been a nice short and easy conversation ... their answer was bring it to us in Geneva and we will tell you if we think it’s a real one or not ... that is a response that tells me they believe at least some are real ... as they suggested I flew from Australia to Geneva ( and also on some other research and watches ) where we repeated the conversation in person .....after several weeks of examining it they determined that they were not happy it was authentic and we agreed for them to fit a new Pepsi .

Was it by any change an UAE gmt?

XELOR

Old 2 December 2019, 05:50 PM   #103
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Yes of course, which they were happy to authenticate and provide some information on.

But my point is ... if they felt that all blue bezels were fake then they simply could have refused service on day one unless the bezel was replaced .. simple ( and which to be fair we would have accepted ) but this was not their answer at all ...

Imho , and my not inconsiderate experience with Geneva and Rolex .. and please remember that until the start of this year and the new policies , EVERY piece I had that was able was serviced and researched as much as possible with them ... I have never seen them communicate in the way presented in this letter .... I’m not claiming to know the truth of blue bezels , or particularly care , personally I have always treated them as quirky curios and nothing more... but I do find this letter to be ...... odd .
Old 2 December 2019, 05:54 PM   #104
xelor63
"TRF" Member

I understand but the RSC has to order their parts. In the past they did it from a parts catalogue. Why is there in non of them a blue gmt insert?

XELOR

Old 2 December 2019, 06:02 PM   #105
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Did you read any of what I just said ?

I am not debating with you if they are real or not, I am not claiming they are or aren’t , if they are in catalogues or not , wether they are service parts or not ... that conversation has been beaten to death over the years ... you can make your own mind up about that ... I’m sure you are a big boy like most of the people in this hobby ...

My thoughts were given regarding the letter and how ‘unusual ‘ it would be for such a thing to exist ... all of which points you haven’t replied to in any way ....
Old 2 December 2019, 06:11 PM   #106
xelor63
"TRF" Member

I made my mind up, A hype is created to sell some rare GMT inserts with some self made up bull shit stories! In the end it’s all about making money! They call it PASSION!

XELOR

Old 2 December 2019, 06:13 PM   #107
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelor63 View Post
I made my mind up, A hype is created to sell some rare GMT inserts with some self made up bull shit stories! In the end it’s all about making money! They call it PASSION!

XELOR

Well clearly you have as you seem to be having a totally different conversation to the one I’m having regarding the letter .
Old 2 December 2019, 06:20 PM   #108
1watch
"TRF" Member

I must say, what twinturbo posted is the only faded example I’ve seen. Very interesting.

Old 2 December 2019, 06:30 PM   #109
suligeo
2024 Pledge Member

It’s a faded black one I believe. Have one nearly same.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 2 December 2019, 07:05 PM   #110
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watch View Post
I must say, what twinturbo posted is the only faded example I’ve seen. Very interesting.

Your Google may be on the fritz...

Old 2 December 2019, 10:10 PM   #111
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Pop over to Instagram and look at the post from John Buckley at Tuscanyrose.

Instagram: @lee1563
Old 2 December 2019, 10:44 PM   #112
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnturbo View Post
To add fuel to the fire, i posted this trifecta of an all red hand, Radial dial faded Blueberry somewhere a while back
The Indians holy grail lol
Old 2 December 2019, 10:54 PM   #113
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee fowler View Post
Pop over to Instagram and look at the post from John Buckley at Tuscanyrose.
Dear god that is tiresome...
Old 2 December 2019, 11:43 PM   #114
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
This is Ellen’s

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 2 December 2019, 11:44 PM   #115
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Th his is Ellen’s

Ohhh no, now we have the super rare thin font blue insert....
Old 3 December 2019, 12:01 AM   #116
zapokee
"TRF" Member

This thread's got legs for days. Good to have a vintage titan like Jed in on the conversation. Now, where are Jacek, Eric and Andrew when you need them?
Old 3 December 2019, 12:05 AM   #117
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapokee View Post
This thread's got legs for days. Good to have a vintage titan like Jed in on the conversation. Now, where are Jacek, Eric and Andrew when you need them?
People who sell them for 30k a piece or 20k per insert don’t want to comment lol
Old 3 December 2019, 12:19 AM   #118
suligeo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
This is Ellen’s

Not genuine

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 3 December 2019, 12:19 AM   #119
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
People who sell them for 30k a piece or 20k per insert don’t want to comment lol

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 3 December 2019, 12:26 AM   #120
zapokee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Imagine selling something for what the market will pay for it...
Closed Thread