The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 December 2019, 04:24 PM   #11
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
Buy the seller has never been a good mantra to begin with. How could anyone know what happened to watches before they got them if they didn’t own them from the start? It is impossible for people to know if the watches were put-together or whatever by a previous owner. Collectors collect and dealers deal to the best of their knowledge. Regardless of their moral, knowledge level or whatever they still need make judgement calls on what they buy and sell. There’s no way to know just by trusting the person that sells. The best possible way to buy is to know what you are buying. Not from who. A dubiois seller can sometimes have great things and a welltrusted one can sometimes have problems. Buying the seller is naive.
This I agree. Lots of collectors have put TOO MUCH "faith" in the "trusted" sellers that they fail to do due diligence on their own. It's basically taking a "leap of faith".

It's funny how there is one "reputable" dealer who has sold over 20 blueberries with brand new looking bezels. The constant stories have been told that it's VERY RARE. If the average sold price of a blueberry is $40k x 20 = $800k of ill-gotten profiting. I feel bad for those 20 naive collectors with too much pocket money...