The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 November 2019, 12:47 PM   #31
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve been looking at the 15710 as well, particularly the blue dial. I’ve not tried one on yet, I suppose I should after reading these comments. I imagine it wears smaller than a Pam 233 right?
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2019, 01:48 PM   #32
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
It wears a lot larger than a Pam 683 , thats why the AP is gone and the Pam is in.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 03:28 PM   #33
gulodeenharry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master
[QUOTE=barnes;10093224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDN View Post
Hello fellas!

I am looking to add an AP piece to my collection and needing inputs from folks on here with knowledge”. I am seriously looking at the AUDEMARS PIGUET Royal Oak Offshore Diver 42mm 15710ST. I have never seen it in the flesh and do not live anywhere near an AP dealer to have a chance. My wrist size is exactly 7 inches (178mm) and would like to get some input/opinion how it may rest on my wrist. Thank you![/QUOTE

You can try one on at any grey dealer. It's a chunky watch

Yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gulodeenharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 06:29 PM   #34
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Hello fellas!

I am looking to add an AP piece to my collection and needing inputs from folks on here with knowledge”. I am seriously looking at the AUDEMARS PIGUET Royal Oak Offshore Diver 42mm 15710ST. I have never seen it in the flesh and do not live anywhere near an AP dealer to have a chance. My wrist size is exactly 7 inches (178mm) and would like to get some input/opinion how it may rest on my wrist. Thank you!

I think the Diver will fit a 7” wrist perfectly. I’ve owned the watch you’re interested in and it’s stunning, it will look a bit bigger than a SD43 but probably not bigger than a DSSD and it’s certainly a more balanced and better proportioned watch. If you’re looking for a HH dive watch in particular then I can’t think of anything better.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 12:20 AM   #35
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

It will probably look disproportionate, as many in the pics on this thread. A bodybuilder or action film star might be able to pull it off.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2019, 12:56 AM   #36
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
7" is fine for 42mm ROO. Its supposed to look big. That's the whole point of an offshore, ie an oversized sporty watch with elevated wrist presence.
Old 26 December 2019, 09:59 AM   #37
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex-AP
7 1/4 inch wrist and i dont think mines feels particularly big on me.
I tried on a rolex deep sea 3/4 times over the years because i really wanted one but each time trying on, it felt huge and way out of proportion.
MrEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2019, 07:42 AM   #38
dauster
"TRF" Member

Just tried it on in the boutique and really liked it but bought an offshore instead. I would like it for swimming and being out on the water but the comments here make me wonder if the watch is too “sensitive”?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 68F79B24-8A9D-40FA-9E08-8E6DE7A29167.jpeg (285.9 KB, 172 views)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 07:42 AM   #39
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I have smaller wrists (6.5”) and owning this watch has been a journey of love/hate/love/hate...

In truth it’s too big for me, I think the sweet spot is 7.5” and above. But... it’s such a fine looking watch that I haven’t been able to let it go!

Some days I kid myself that it fits ok. It’s designed to wear big, it’s worn with casual clothes, and compared to a lot of the modern Garnin sports watches, it’s not big at all.

Other days, I think it looks ridiculous and think I should sell it.

As part of a reasonably large collection (ten watches) it works for me and it’s somewhat of an indulgence. If it was part of a smaller collection where I had to wear it more often, it wouldn’t work for me.

Hope this helps.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 11:31 AM   #40
singaporepatek
Banned

That looks sick!!!!
singaporepatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 03:22 PM   #41
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
I have smaller wrists (6.5”) and owning this watch has been a journey of love/hate/love/hate...

In truth it’s too big for me, I think the sweet spot is 7.5” and above. But... it’s such a fine looking watch that I haven’t been able to let it go!

Some days I kid myself that it fits ok. It’s designed to wear big, it’s worn with casual clothes, and compared to a lot of the modern Garnin sports watches, it’s not big at all.

As part of a reasonably large collection (ten watches) it works for me and it’s somewhat of an indulgence. If it was part of a smaller collection where I had to wear it more often, it wouldn’t work for me.

Hope this helps.

I get what you are saying but looks great to me on your wrist
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 04:53 PM   #42
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporepatek View Post
That looks sick!!!!

It is a spectacular watch, and I think great value.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 31 December 2019, 04:53 PM   #43
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I get what you are saying but looks great to me on your wrist

Old 31 December 2019, 06:17 PM   #44
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
would love to add an AP to my rolex/panerai collection, I tried on a diver the other day but it looks huge on my 6.5" wrist. I think a black face and strap diver would wear smaller just like my pam 1616, but they said black was discontinued.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 07:37 PM   #45
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
would love to add an AP to my rolex/panerai collection, I tried on a diver the other day but it looks huge on my 6.5" wrist. I think a black face and strap diver would wear smaller just like my pam 1616, but they said black was discontinued.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Really shows how the shape of the wrist makes as much distance as size. Didn’t realise the black dial was discontinued?

Old 31 December 2019, 07:42 PM   #46
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hope this helps.

That is a really, really great pic.
Size looks great on you so not sure why you have concerns on that front !
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 07:58 PM   #47
Token74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp28 View Post
That is a really, really great pic.

Size looks great on you so not sure why you have concerns on that front !

Cheers. Perhaps I don’t think I’m quite cool enough!!

Old 31 December 2019, 08:00 PM   #48
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really shows how the shape of the wrist makes as much distance as size. Didn’t realise the black dial was discontinued?

I think also hand size and arm size have just as much influence on the overall.

And yes apparently the black and I think white dial ‘standard’ divers are now discontinued.

Curious if they will release an updated version in 2020.

I think only something in Ti would have me interested in upgrading as although CE bezel/ crowns would be great, it may be too brittle for me.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 08:55 PM   #49
nda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow appreciate all the inputs! I am going to have to try it in before i pull the trigger!
One thing you could do is buy a replica. I realise this is a sin.

But I did this before I bought my Patek - there was nowhere I could try one on and check the size and comfort, so I bought a $100 replica and wore it for a week in my house. Bought the Patek and binned the fake.
nda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 01:21 PM   #50
LDN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda View Post
One thing you could do is buy a replica. I realise this is a sin.

But I did this before I bought my Patek - there was nowhere I could try one on and check the size and comfort, so I bought a $100 replica and wore it for a week in my house. Bought the Patek and binned the fake.
Hey this is a good idea, where can one purchase a replica AP watch?
LDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 01:27 PM   #51
LDN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
It wears like an oversized sport watch but it wont look bad, it really looks like that on most wrists, even bigger anyways, it's a fun watch!

If it helps, here's my 7 inch wrist with the new 42mm Chronograph (a little less thick believe it or not but you can see the sizing)

I am actually leaning toward the chrono model due to it thinner profile, thanks.
LDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 05:32 AM   #52
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
How does it sit?

My left wrist is 6.5 down past the bone (closer to the hand).

I think it looks fine on me. I wear it on the smallest hole.

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 05:39 AM   #53
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Hope this helps.

looks great imo but i can see where you're coming from since you also have 15450s and a daytona. it probably feels awkward when switching to it after those lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 09:19 AM   #54
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
its not about wrist size so much as forearms size. big forearms will allow you to get away with smaller wrists.

i wear 44mm with 6.4 wrist and my forearms are big (bigger than the whole watch) so it looks fine. however, if you just look at the wrist it may look a bit oversized. however, in real life people see the whole arm.
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 09:26 AM   #55
Cesium137
Banned

I tried one on next to my 44mm DSSD. I love the fit of my Dblue. It’s chunky and very wearable on my 7 1/4 wrist. I thought the AP diver wore too large. It’s less chunky, but with the bezel shape and the 2 crowns, just wore too large for me. I think the bottom line is, you really need to try on one. It’s surprisingly massive.
Cesium137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2020, 09:48 AM   #56
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
the strange thing is i find the 44mm more wearable than the 42mm ones. the 42 is more lumpy, the 44 sits more flat on my wrist. for years i wrote off 42mm because they never sat right but the 44s sit quite differently due to the flatter proportions.
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote