The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 January 2020, 02:36 PM   #61
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffa View Post
I compared my Green Irish tweed sample from Saks 5th to the Green Irish tweed I got from fragrancenet. They are not the same. Maybe they shipped me an old bottle? The longevity is there but performance isn’t great and sillage isn’t as good either. Almost dull compared to the sample I got from Saks. Do you have a virgin island water from Creed to compare to fragrancenet?

Also, packaging looked good but it seems like the sticker on the bottom was re-labeled? Fishy.
My virgin island water is good and real. I’d suggest returning your bottle,if you’re concerned. I’ll keep my stuff from their site, as I’ve already had the Miami boutique verify my other bottles. Just pay full msrp at the boutique if you’re worried. I’ll continue patronizing both sites as I’ve had no issues. I’ve only used fragrance x once, though. I’ve used fragrance net likely 30 times now without issue.if my creeds are fake, they’ve fooled even the creed boutique...and scores of others whom have complimented me. I’d return your fragrance if you’re concerned, though. My one concern big time is if others return fake creeds to these sites, perhaps they re ship what’s returned to them. In other words, I buy their creed, claim it’s fake and return my fake creed that I got beforehand.... then they re ship. I worry about that even with saks as I’ve read reports on base notes about that with saks. They resell returned items, at saks outlet stores. green Irish tweed is impossible to fake once you smell it. You’d know if it’s fake, immediately.
Datejust_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2020, 03:06 PM   #62
SolesFly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270-0003
Quote:
I compared my Green Irish tweed sample from Saks 5th to the Green Irish tweed I got from fragrancenet. They are not the same. Maybe they shipped me an old bottle? The longevity is there but performance isn’t great and sillage isn’t as good either. Almost dull compared to the sample I got from Saks. Do you have a virgin island water from Creed to compare to fragrancenet?

Also, packaging looked good but it seems like the sticker on the bottom was re-labeled? Fishy.
You can take the code from the bottom of the bottle and cross reference here http://www.checkfresh.com/.

For a long time I only bought straight from the boutique, after I got confident with knowing the scents I bit the bullet with "Fragrancenet" and found them to be legit and only ever a year or two old. Now here are some pointers to be aware that I can share from my journey with Creed:
  1. Samples and bottle sprays are a completely different experience - hell sometimes even batches of the same fragrance can differ
  2. Some Creeds you have to own a bottle before you "get it"
  3. Don't buy big bottles until you are totally sold on one

For point #1, I did samples for a while straight from their boutique, it's only when I started visiting the boutique and putting sprays on myself that I actually got a good idea - could be the atomizer on the bottle, could be the distilling into sample bottles, not sure. As far as batch differences are concern don't worry too much about that, but you will notice slight differences after a while, it is what it is.

For point #2, MI for a while took me time to understand, I had gotten a sample and hated it, tried it in store and thought it was good but not purchase worthy - after reading more and more the praises of MI I bought a small bottle and understood how great it was. Since Creed is pretty light, it's hard to find yourself in that perfect point where your cloud scent hits you. Sometimes if you have a signature scent you can get that cloud scent from your room or car after a while, that's why I think sometimes you need to just own a bottle to "get it". However the opposite can happen, people love GIT, and after getting a bottle I figured out the reason I didn't like it was because it smells just like a bar of Irish Spring soap.

For point #3, resist the temptation to buy big bottles to have a great amount for cheaper, unless your 100% on a scent and owned it in the past, it will save you money and time. Getting a little travel bottle and just enjoying the ride for a couple months is enough, you'll be surprised how long those small bottles last. The standard 3.3 ounces for example lasts me well over a year.

Now for recommendations - citrus and woody? That's a hard combo, I think Creed does scents better when they just lean towards fresh (citrus) or warm (woody).

For Citrus:
  1. MI
  2. EROLFA
  3. VIW - For fun really, not good for professional settings has a strong smell of alcohol\rum

For Woods:
  1. Spice and Wood
  2. Royal Oud

Hope my helps, PM me if you wish for any other questions!
SolesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2020, 03:48 PM   #63
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datejust_bass View Post
My virgin island water is good and real. I’d suggest returning your bottle,if you’re concerned. I’ll keep my stuff from their site, as I’ve already had the Miami boutique verify my other bottles. Just pay full msrp at the boutique if you’re worried. I’ll continue patronizing both sites as I’ve had no issues. I’ve only used fragrance x once, though. I’ve used fragrance net likely 30 times now without issue.if my creeds are fake, they’ve fooled even the creed boutique...and scores of others whom have complimented me. I’d return your fragrance if you’re concerned, though. My one concern big time is if others return fake creeds to these sites, perhaps they re ship what’s returned to them. In other words, I buy their creed, claim it’s fake and return my fake creed that I got beforehand.... then they re ship. I worry about that even with saks as I’ve read reports on base notes about that with saks. They resell returned items, at saks outlet stores. green Irish tweed is impossible to fake once you smell it. You’d know if it’s fake, immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolesFly View Post
You can take the code from the bottom of the bottle and cross reference here http://www.checkfresh.com/.

For a long time I only bought straight from the boutique, after I got confident with knowing the scents I bit the bullet with "Fragrancenet" and found them to be legit and only ever a year or two old. Now here are some pointers to be aware that I can share from my journey with Creed:
  1. Samples and bottle sprays are a completely different experience - hell sometimes even batches of the same fragrance can differ
  2. Some Creeds you have to own a bottle before you "get it"
  3. Don't buy big bottles until you are totally sold on one

For point #1, I did samples for a while straight from their boutique, it's only when I started visiting the boutique and putting sprays on myself that I actually got a good idea - could be the atomizer on the bottle, could be the distilling into sample bottles, not sure. As far as batch differences are concern don't worry too much about that, but you will notice slight differences after a while, it is what it is.

For point #2, MI for a while took me time to understand, I had gotten a sample and hated it, tried it in store and thought it was good but not purchase worthy - after reading more and more the praises of MI I bought a small bottle and understood how great it was. Since Creed is pretty light, it's hard to find yourself in that perfect point where your cloud scent hits you. Sometimes if you have a signature scent you can get that cloud scent from your room or car after a while, that's why I think sometimes you need to just own a bottle to "get it". However the opposite can happen, people love GIT, and after getting a bottle I figured out the reason I didn't like it was because it smells just like a bar of Irish Spring soap.

For point #3, resist the temptation to buy big bottles to have a great amount for cheaper, unless your 100% on a scent and owned it in the past, it will save you money and time. Getting a little travel bottle and just enjoying the ride for a couple months is enough, you'll be surprised how long those small bottles last. The standard 3.3 ounces for example lasts me well over a year.

Now for recommendations - citrus and woody? That's a hard combo, I think Creed does scents better when they just lean towards fresh (citrus) or warm (woody).

For Citrus:
  1. MI
  2. EROLFA
  3. VIW - For fun really, not good for professional settings has a strong smell of alcohol\rum

For Woods:
  1. Spice and Wood
  2. Royal Oud

Hope my helps, PM me if you wish for any other questions!

Thanks for your input, gents. I don’t doubt my GIT from fragrancenet is a fake, longevity was 12+ hours for me. I guess what threw me off initially was that it smelled a bit different (not necessarily better) than the 5ml GIT sample I got from Saks. I don’t think I’ll have a hard time enjoying it as it’s the same fragrance, maybe just a different batch. And good point to stick with small bottles until completely sold on the scent. I have too many bottles that I’ve never finished because I got sick of them even though they were “the ones” at the time of purchase.
ruffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2020, 04:46 PM   #64
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The sticker on the bottom of the box was the same with mine. Not sure why. I did compare my bottle with a sample from Nordstrom and they seemed similar. Also lasted quite a while as you mentioned. I'm thinking I may keep it after all now. Thank you everyone for the help.

SM-N960U
Aquaholic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2020, 08:28 PM   #65
Datejust_bass
Banned

No problem. I had a bottle of erolfa years ago.. “worn by Sean penn,” creed claims.. ridiculous claim likely... erofla disappeared from my skin unbelievably quickly. I’d bought that from Dillard’s, 1.7 oz... erolfa is very short lived.

I wear virgin island water to office from time to time .. this is my second bottle.

The most versatile scent for me from creed is green Irish tweed. It’s often imitated, but no on has duplicated it well yet.

Also, I’ll just throw this in here.. there’s an eBay seller from whom I’ve bought creed twice with zero issues Finescents Llc.... his prices are ridiculously cheap, like 250$ per bottle. I recommend him highly but he has 4 negative reviews out of 10,000 total. I’m fascinated with this guy because he sells like 400 bottles of fragrance monthly and it’s not just creed... he has rare ysl, Dior, etc.. and makes his own scents which are amazing. He used to post on basenotes all the time and went into the business 11 years ago on eBay. I trust him, but realize eBay scares people. I often wonder how he gets his creeds. I’ve asked and he won’t tell me. He’s based in Wisconsin. He actually provides batch numbers in his ads.. for all fragrances. It’s a crazy world out there. When I’ve bought from that guy on a Sunday... I’ll receive cologne by Wednesday or Thursday at absolute latest. I don’t understand how he does it. He threw in a sample of his own fragrances once and they were actually amazing. I asked him how he does it. He uses a Paris perfumery he said.. they make his items and he sells them. He’s just a fragrance enthusiast but he’s making a living on eBay he claims. Where do these guys get their stuff.. I’ll never know.
Old 11 January 2020, 12:22 AM   #66
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No problem. I had a bottle of erolfa years ago.. “worn by Sean penn,” creed claims.. ridiculous claim likely... erofla disappeared from my skin unbelievably quickly. I’d bought that from Dillard’s, 1.7 oz... erolfa is very short lived.

I wear virgin island water to office from time to time .. this is my second bottle.

The most versatile scent for me from creed is green Irish tweed. It’s often imitated, but no on has duplicated it well yet.

Also, I’ll just throw this in here.. there’s an eBay seller from whom I’ve bought creed twice with zero issues Finescents Llc.... his prices are ridiculously cheap, like 250$ per bottle. I recommend him highly but he has 4 negative reviews out of 10,000 total. I’m fascinated with this guy because he sells like 400 bottles of fragrance monthly and it’s not just creed... he has rare ysl, Dior, etc.. and makes his own scents which are amazing. He used to post on basenotes all the time and went into the business 11 years ago on eBay. I trust him, but realize eBay scares people. I often wonder how he gets his creeds. I’ve asked and he won’t tell me. He’s based in Wisconsin. He actually provides batch numbers in his ads.. for all fragrances. It’s a crazy world out there. When I’ve bought from that guy on a Sunday... I’ll receive cologne by Wednesday or Thursday at absolute latest. I don’t understand how he does it. He threw in a sample of his own fragrances once and they were actually amazing. I asked him how he does it. He uses a Paris perfumery he said.. they make his items and he sells them. He’s just a fragrance enthusiast but he’s making a living on eBay he claims. Where do these guys get their stuff.. I’ll never know.

I don’t get it either. How can sites like fragrancenet and eBay sellers offer these bottles for less than retail at Creed. Why would Creed be interested in doing this? Many of us don’t want to spend $400 on a bottle so of course, Creed won’t have our business, directly. Is it possible they have a separate line (lower quality/different manufacturing process) for big websites like fragrancenet?
Old 11 January 2020, 01:31 AM   #67
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
I don’t get it either. How can sites like fragrancenet and eBay sellers offer these bottles for less than retail at Creed. Why would Creed be interested in doing this? Many of us don’t want to spend $400 on a bottle so of course, Creed won’t have our business, directly. Is it possible they have a separate line (lower quality/different manufacturing process) for big websites like fragrancenet?
My theory is they (manufacturers) are selling old stock or batches that are rejected. Or creed is willing to “gouge people whom are willing to be gouged..”

Another theory i have is they may have a suggested retail price. Sellers may be allowed to sell well under that price and make less profit. The eBay guy sells Aventus for 275$.. I’ve not bought Aventus from him but I did buy other creeds like love in white, green Irish tweed, and melograno Santa Maria novella (my fav scent in history).. all sold way under retail and all real. The melograno from him lasts 16 hours minimum and never changes. I’m not advertising for him but I can’t figure out how these guys slash prices crazily without there being a catch. I’ve yet to have any bad experiences with any site mentioned in this thread.

These places likely sell in volume and have minimal overhead compared to saks or creed boutiques in nyc and Miami . I’d imagine creeds nyc site on Madison Avenue (it’s pretty crappy actually) costs minimum 20,000$ monthly real estate. I say this because I got a shave on 48th street nearby and the owner told me his rent is 10k monthly.. he’s on a side street. So when we buy creed directly we’re paying their rent too. Or saks’.
Old 11 January 2020, 02:57 AM   #68
.brian.
"TRF" Member

Watch: in Philadelphia
Beware when ordering from Amazon (ships and sold from Amazon) as they do NOT allow returns on cologne. They did give me a "one time exception" and told me to donate it, however.
.brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 05:54 AM   #69
Datejust_bass
Banned

I’m wearing Aventus today ... I’ve had three guys ask me what I’m wearing. That doesn’t offend me. It’s funny though. My wife wears this way more than me. She thinks women live it, but I think guys love it too.
Old 11 January 2020, 11:39 AM   #70
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
Just made my first purchase from fragrancenet, got Creed Silver Mountain Water. It’s my first Creed as well. Very happy with the purchase thus far, I’ll likely be purchasing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 11:56 AM   #71
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
I've been buying plenty of fragrances from Costco - for some terrific prices (think Tom Ford, Bond No 9 etc.)

Very happy.
Old 11 January 2020, 03:42 PM   #72
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
Just made my first purchase from fragrancenet, got Creed Silver Mountain Water. It’s my first Creed as well. Very happy with the purchase thus far, I’ll likely be purchasing more.

I almost wish I purchased this before the Green Irish tweed. I added it to my cart today but couldn’t decide if I want the small or big bottle lol. Definitely my next purchase. I’m surprised it’s not one of the more popular Creeds out there.
Old 11 January 2020, 03:47 PM   #73
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m wearing Aventus today ... I’ve had three guys ask me what I’m wearing. That doesn’t offend me. It’s funny though. My wife wears this way more than me. She thinks women live it, but I think guys love it too.

How many sprays do you use and do you spray only on body/warm points or clothes as well? I don’t remember last time I got a compliment lol. Also, please upload a photo of all your fragrances. It would look cool I bet. Really sounds like you have a wardrobe full.
Old 11 January 2020, 03:49 PM   #74
ruffa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
I've been buying plenty of fragrances from Costco - for some terrific prices (think Tom Ford, Bond No 9 etc.)

Very happy.

Pulling the leg or does Costco really sell fragrances?
Old 11 January 2020, 03:57 PM   #75
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
Quote:
I almost wish I purchased this before the Green Irish tweed. I added it to my cart today but couldn’t decide if I want the small or big bottle lol. Definitely my next purchase. I’m surprised it’s not one of the more popular Creeds out there.

Ha! Almost got the Green Irish Tweed, it’s probably my next purchase. I really like the silver mountain water, also surprised it’s not more popular.

DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 05:29 PM   #76
Milnef0
Banned

I suggest a Tom Ford fragrance...it is always effective

Sent from my SM-A105F using Tapatalk
Milnef0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 07:04 AM   #77
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
How many sprays do you use and do you spray only on body/warm points or clothes as well? I don’t remember last time I got a compliment lol. Also, please upload a photo of all your fragrances. It would look cool I bet. Really sounds like you have a wardrobe full.
I have a ridiculous amount of fragrances yes. I’ll take a pic but some are decants.. I might list them..

I used 3 aventus sprays .. it lasted about 14 hours I think.

Today, I wore miilliseme imperial. I forgot i had it. It’s astonishing. I love it. From creed. Silver mountain is amazing too.

I have stuff scattered around the house sadly.

I have bottles
Trumpers sandalwood
Caron yatagan (I have 4 bottles of this... I wear it without thought today but I don’t recommend it to everyone).. I wear this when I hike or don’t want to talk to anyone, especially at dinner parties for my wife’s work (I use 5 sprays.. no, I’m not kidding). Yatagan is my fav fragrance of all time, but it’s tame now to me.
Santa Maria novella melograno, peau de espana, mushio, hay, Vetiver , angels of Florence, nostalgia , marescialla (this one acrazy fragrance... it smells like an attic of a country home that’s 200 years old)..I wore marescialla in manhattan once and a lady at a hotel said I smelled “like Transylvania...” she sniffed me in an elevator, stopped me in the lobby and made me write down what I wore, by whom, and where to get it. She said she was buying a bottle of marescialla immediately... it smells like an abandoned, haunted house—not a good blind buy but I bought it blind and wear it only on extremely rare occasions. I have a bottle of potpourri as well but never wear it. I wore,it to a cathedral once .. it’s a bit hard to understand for me.

Lorenzo villoresi uomo (don’t buy this), piper nigrum,
Creed silver mountain, original Vetiver, vintage tabarome (hard to find today), mi imperial, aventus, spring flower , love in white , green Irish, acier aluminum (smells like an orgy), neroli sauvage, virgin island water,erolfa (not well made, erofla is sh t quality)
Knize ten
Dior homme edp
Bond no 9 bleeker, Brooklyn, oud de New York, Wall Street, others can’t recall but they’re not,worth mentioning like chez bond, new Harlem
Amouge reflection man (disgusting sweetness ugh)
Tom Ford amber noir (can’t recall title) private
Andy tauer lone star memories (this smells like outer space)
Chanel pour monsieuer
Abdes salam oakmoss (damn this is expensive stuff but it’s amazing)
Le artisan mechant loup, tea for two, fou d absinthe, gates of hell (can’t recall exact name), maybe others
Penhaligon Blenheim bouquet, duchess rose original formulation (extremely rare, but I wear it myself on rare occasions... very very hard to find ) , halfeti (funky stuff)
Vetiver by Guerlain (I wear this without thought.) it smells like vangelis song entitled “reve” unsure why... but only after 4 hours of wearing.
Guerlain derby

I have decants of likely 100 more items, not kidding. Loads of Tom fords none of which I like much.
Yves Saint Laurent rive gauche
Acqua di gio Profumo
Andy tauer Moroccan desert (gives me a headache)
Loads of others... I try to buy common stuff in decants...
sable by Annick goutal (refined stuff)
Likely 100 sample tubes of stuff, but none worth mentioning
There are likely bottles missing. Once in a while, I’ll sadly find a bottle of something somewhere.. and we have a clean house. It’s just colognes are scattered in closets.

I likely have other bottles .. ha, you asked. I really don’t know what i have scattered about the house.
Old 12 January 2020, 08:43 AM   #78
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
I like Le Labo Santal #33 in the balm, myself. As it has a shelf life, I just purchase directly from the Le Labo website.
Old 13 January 2020, 06:30 AM   #79
Tony8959
"TRF" Member

Just got an email from Rakuten( formerly ebates) that Saks is 10% cash back today and also $50 off $250, $100 off $500 and $150 off $750. Figured I’d give you guys a heads up since promo ends tonight.

The promo code is SAKSCNY

Can also use your $50 off Saks through Amex platinum (2x per year) if you have it. So a pretty hefty discount.

If anyone needs a referral link to Rakuten send me a PM.

Unfortunately they don’t have Royal Oud which I was looking at for my next purchase. Maybe I’ll go with VIW or a xerjoff frag instead.
Tony8959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 07:15 AM   #80
Datejust_bass
Banned

I went to a mall today and bought man in black and Caroline Herrera for men... not for me, but as gifts. I have to say I was extremely Impressed with man in black. I see it on fragrance net for far less than the mall. Bvlgari man in black I can see buying for me from fragrance net.
Old 5 February 2020, 05:06 AM   #81
Datejust_bass
Banned

Ok. I ordered a bond no 9 from this site.. it’s legitimate. I took the bottle and box to saks fifth avenue and a person working their bond no 9 area verified my bottle and the scent is legitimate. I am sorry to bump this thread but I wanted everyone to know I’ve bought, now, 7 bottles of fragrances from this site and haven’t had any issues. Their shipping isn’t the best in that it takes some time. I still also recommend ebay seller finescents llc...
Old 5 February 2020, 05:36 AM   #82
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
Quote:
Originally Posted by .brian. View Post
This thread made me realize I haven't bought anything in a while. Checked out Amazon. Bought some Guerlain Vetiver, which has been on my want list for a while, and Amarf Club De Nuit Intense. Both shipped and sold by Amazon, so I don't have too many concerns. Yea, I know both are below the standards of those on here, but I am a strictly budget shopper when it comes to fragrance.

Just came across this thread (haven't been on the forum much lately). Anyway, in my attempt to find a couple of old favorites of some family members (Caron Pour Homme) and my own (80's One Man Show), I came across both FragranceX site and FragranceNet.com, and I found more reviews for FragranceNet.com (and did the Google street view of their address that showed their building with the same name on the door, so yeah, proof they have a physical store/business somewhere)... I went ahead and ordered from them and they all arrived and were pretty legit.

I also ordered Armaf Club De Nuit Intense to try, since I really don't want to use my $400 Nordstrom purchased bottle of Creed Aventus and wanted a similar replacement for the daily use (my wife laughs at me because of this... my 9 year old son uses my real Aventus more than I do... but I enjoy him using it, everything for the kids, right?).

I like the Armaf Club De Nuit myself and it is a pretty close interpretation of Aventus if you ask me.

The One Man Show, while it reminded me of my teen years... is no longer something that I can wear without getting a headache. But I love having the bottle, just for nostalgic reasons.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 06:02 AM   #83
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
Just came across this thread (haven't been on the forum much lately). Anyway, in my attempt to find a couple of old favorites of some family members (Caron Pour Homme) and my own (80's One Man Show), I came across both FragranceX site and FragranceNet.com, and I found more reviews for FragranceNet.com (and did the Google street view of their address that showed their building with the same name on the door, so yeah, proof they have a physical store/business somewhere)... I went ahead and ordered from them and they all arrived and were pretty legit.

I also ordered Armaf Club De Nuit Intense to try, since I really don't want to use my $400 Nordstrom purchased bottle of Creed Aventus and wanted a similar replacement for the daily use (my wife laughs at me because of this... my 9 year old son uses my real Aventus more than I do... but I enjoy him using it, everything for the kids, right?).

I like the Armaf Club De Nuit myself and it is a pretty close interpretation of Aventus if you ask me.

The One Man Show, while it reminded me of my teen years... is no longer something that I can wear without getting a headache. But I love having the bottle, just for nostalgic reasons.
Have you tried Caron yatagan.... it smells like a medieval battle .
Old 5 February 2020, 06:46 AM   #84
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I don’t buy cologne online, it makes no scents.

Oh gosh, I crack myself up!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 08:59 AM   #85
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
ha!ha!ha! You crack me up too!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 09:25 AM   #86
faz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have you tried Caron yatagan.... it smells like a medieval battle .
No, I haven't. Also, I wouldn't know what medieval battles smelled like...

Pour Un Homme was for my brother who was in his late teens and early 20s back when it came out, and hadn't had it since, so when I found it, it excited him and i had to order one for him.

Perhaps you can make some suggestions based on my current selection, which in addition to Aventus are: Versace Eau Fraiche (my favorite for mornings), Cartier Pasha Noire (favorite for night parties), Chanel Bleu, now the Armaf Club de Nuit ... and a couple of older ones still remaining (Valentino V Pour Homme, Prada Luna Rossa and Burberry , and won't even count the One Man Show ). I like a couple of Tom Ford's but can't remember the names now, and I think I got a sample of D&G 'K' that I really liked if I can remember correctly.

On my wife, I really like her Mon Gerlain (smells like pipe tobacco) and Luis Vuitton Contre Moi. She has a few other ones but these are my most favorite.

Instagram @fazmoto
Old 5 February 2020, 10:45 AM   #87
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
No, I haven't. Also, I wouldn't know what medieval battles smelled like...

Pour Un Homme was for my brother who was in his late teens and early 20s back when it came out, and hadn't had it since, so when I found it, it excited him and i had to order one for him.

Perhaps you can make some suggestions based on my current selection, which in addition to Aventus are: Versace Eau Fraiche (my favorite for mornings), Cartier Pasha Noire (favorite for night parties), Chanel Bleu, now the Armaf Club de Nuit ... and a couple of older ones still remaining (Valentino V Pour Homme, Prada Luna Rossa and Burberry , and won't even count the One Man Show ). I like a couple of Tom Ford's but can't remember the names now, and I think I got a sample of D&G 'K' that I really liked if I can remember correctly.

On my wife, I really like her Mon Gerlain (smells like pipe tobacco) and Luis Vuitton Contre Moi. She has a few other ones but these are my most favorite.
This depends on climate and age.. but there are tasteful colognes that are great but you don’t know it until wearing it for some time. (Like a Rolex Daytona or submariner)... I’m older too.

You’re missing a Vetiver. I’d suggest Guerlain Vetiver or creed original Vetiver (I prefer jovoy private label but that’s kind of crazy because it’s a Vetiver mix with molten steel and burnt tires, initially). Seriously get a Vetiver fragrance. You’ll appreciate it over time. It’s a safe wedding, office, date, summer, winter, travel, home fragrance. There are others out there. YouTube max forti s Vetiver videos.. he lists a bunch but I’ve never smelled them all. Creeds is likely your style. It’s three different Vetiver plants mixed together..

Dior homme parfum. I didn’t like it. I wore it. I didn’t like it. I wore it. Three women complimented it on same day. I didn’t understand. I kept wearing it. It’s now among my favs of all time. You won’t smel this everywhere but it will be appreciated everywhere. It’s formal and great for Events. It’s way way above other Dior perfumes in quality. I bought mine from finescents llc on eBay. You can only get this in Paris or maybe online. Saks etc aren’t allowed to have it. It’s iris, vanilla, leather, and cognac. It settles into a sweet tobacco scent. I’ve tried Tom fords leather stuff and I find it a bit repugnant to be honest. I’ve tried others that attempt this scent, but fail. Dior nailed it. YouTube it and you’ll see women fawn over it. I wear it to bed sometimes as it helps me sleep. Just note it is strong initially and you won’t understand it. It’s well loved , though. Not Dior homme intense. I’m speaking of “Dior homme parfum. “

Santa Maria novella melograno. It’s fresh, different, barber shop , not sweet, not dark... lasts forever. I wore this in Charleston sc years ago .. I toured a mansion. The lady behind me kept smelling her husband and burying her nose into his neck... but it wasn’t him she was smelling. It was me. She finally asked me “what are you wearing......it’s amazing.. what is it...” etc. anyway, that’s a beautiful fresh scent that is similar to knize ten. It’s anither Rolex scent. At first you don’t get it.. but you wear it and then understand why it’s been around since 1965, from a perfumer that’s been operable since 1600s... and their story isn’t bullshit like most other perfumers. They’ve been in business forever. Italian and it smells like it. Melograno is modern too. That’s what I can’t comprehend.

Creed green Irish tweed. Absolute no brainer. It’s not interesting but you’ll smell amazing. I get bored with it. It’s still the safest male screed to blind buy in history. It’s like an omega speed master professional.. it’s just damn amazing. It’s a clean Irish spring scent.

If you’re meeting with older people or have a job interview with someone older, buy a decant of creed bois du Portugal or Patricia nicolai New York, but wear it sparingly. It’s a mature old school fragrance. I have both and rarely wear either one. When I was a best man in a wedding I wore bois du Portugal and had a lady outright ask for sex after the reception. I said no for various reasons. She asked what I was wearing and asked me to her room. She was in the wedding as a bridesmaid. I’d never even met her until that week. Long story. True story too. She was 37.. and single. Bois du Portugal... your mileage may vary.. rimshot.

I have other suggestions but they’re a bit nutty. I love Andy tauer, jovoy, abdes salom, and other weird houses. Le artisan , but these aren’t for everyone. I often wear tauer lone star memories but no one really gets it. It’s like rush’s caress of steel release. I adore it but others likely don’t. It smells as I’ve said above like outer space.
Old 5 February 2020, 03:57 PM   #88
faz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This depends on climate and age.. but there are tasteful colognes that are great but you don’t know it until wearing it for some time. (Like a Rolex Daytona or submariner)... I’m older too.

You’re missing a Vetiver. I’d suggest Guerlain Vetiver or creed original Vetiver (I prefer jovoy private label but that’s kind of crazy because it’s a Vetiver mix with molten steel and burnt tires, initially). Seriously get a Vetiver fragrance. You’ll appreciate it over time. It’s a safe wedding, office, date, summer, winter, travel, home fragrance. There are others out there. YouTube max forti s Vetiver videos.. he lists a bunch but I’ve never smelled them all. Creeds is likely your style. It’s three different Vetiver plants mixed together..

Dior homme parfum. I didn’t like it. I wore it. I didn’t like it. I wore it. Three women complimented it on same day. I didn’t understand. I kept wearing it. It’s now among my favs of all time. You won’t smel this everywhere but it will be appreciated everywhere. It’s formal and great for Events. It’s way way above other Dior perfumes in quality. I bought mine from finescents llc on eBay. You can only get this in Paris or maybe online. Saks etc aren’t allowed to have it. It’s iris, vanilla, leather, and cognac. It settles into a sweet tobacco scent. I’ve tried Tom fords leather stuff and I find it a bit repugnant to be honest. I’ve tried others that attempt this scent, but fail. Dior nailed it. YouTube it and you’ll see women fawn over it. I wear it to bed sometimes as it helps me sleep. Just note it is strong initially and you won’t understand it. It’s well loved , though. Not Dior homme intense. I’m speaking of “Dior homme parfum. “

Santa Maria novella melograno. It’s fresh, different, barber shop , not sweet, not dark... lasts forever. I wore this in Charleston sc years ago .. I toured a mansion. The lady behind me kept smelling her husband and burying her nose into his neck... but it wasn’t him she was smelling. It was me. She finally asked me “what are you wearing......it’s amazing.. what is it...” etc. anyway, that’s a beautiful fresh scent that is similar to knize ten. It’s anither Rolex scent. At first you don’t get it.. but you wear it and then understand why it’s been around since 1965, from a perfumer that’s been operable since 1600s... and their story isn’t bullshit like most other perfumers. They’ve been in business forever. Italian and it smells like it. Melograno is modern too. That’s what I can’t comprehend.

Creed green Irish tweed. Absolute no brainer. It’s not interesting but you’ll smell amazing. I get bored with it. It’s still the safest male screed to blind buy in history. It’s like an omega speed master professional.. it’s just damn amazing. It’s a clean Irish spring scent.

If you’re meeting with older people or have a job interview with someone older, buy a decant of creed bois du Portugal or Patricia nicolai New York, but wear it sparingly. It’s a mature old school fragrance. I have both and rarely wear either one. When I was a best man in a wedding I wore bois du Portugal and had a lady outright ask for sex after the reception. I said no for various reasons. She asked what I was wearing and asked me to her room. She was in the wedding as a bridesmaid. I’d never even met her until that week. Long story. True story too. She was 37.. and single. Bois du Portugal... your mileage may vary.. rimshot.

I have other suggestions but they’re a bit nutty. I love Andy tauer, jovoy, abdes salom, and other weird houses. Le artisan , but these aren’t for everyone. I often wear tauer lone star memories but no one really gets it. It’s like rush’s caress of steel release. I adore it but others likely don’t. It smells as I’ve said above like outer space.

You sir, rock.

Thank you for the list of recommendations and your take on them. I will have this handy and try them as the opportunity arises.

Thanks!

Instagram @fazmoto
Old 5 February 2020, 04:58 PM   #89
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
I buy my Creed fragrances from Neiman Marcus. I would never buy from fragrancenet. If you have doubt, then do without.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 03:19 AM   #90
Datejust_bass
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
I buy my Creed fragrances from Neiman Marcus. I would never buy from fragrancenet. If you have doubt, then do without.
I once bought green Irish tweed from Neiman Marcus. The atomizer didn’t work and they refused an exchange. I had to sendthe issue to the creed boutique to get it addressed. I won’t ever buy anything from Neiman Marcus again.