The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 January 2020, 01:27 PM   #1
arnage
"TRF" Member

Removing Links on Twenty-4 (4910)

Hi,
Apologies for what's probably a simple question with a simple answer (but searching didn't yield the results I was looking for)..

On the twenty-4 (4910 quartz... i know, i know..).. the links don't seem to be held together by screws, that much is obvious. But the connectors for the links on the band also seem a bit beefier than pins.

Can anyone help confirm if these are indeed pins, and if so, what's the correct way to remove? (often, bracelets with pins have arrows indicating the direction to remove, etc)
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 05:18 PM   #2
Peggi
"TRF" Member

Hello Arnage

New twenty-4s have pin and tube constructions, older generations have screws

Setting the length can be difficult with this bracelet, it’s very easy to misalign when driving in the pin and thereby forcing the bracelet piece to split open
Peggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 11:07 PM   #3
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
If you’re not near an AD or just prefer to do it yourself, the best tool by far is the Bergeon 6819. It’s expensive but makes sizing my 5167/1A quick and painless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 06:44 AM   #4
arnage
"TRF" Member

Thanks - i do have some tooling; not as sophisticated as that Bergeon device. was hoping to get a better understanding of the link anatomy before I just start taking stuff apart. It's still very odd to me that there's no indication as to which direction to "push."

How can you tell on the 5167's bracelet which pin direction is "correct?"

there is an AD relatively close by, but then I'd have to tell my wife to come along, and she honestly has little interest in this stuff. which is why hers is a quartz .....!
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 10:45 PM   #5
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage View Post
Thanks - i do have some tooling; not as sophisticated as that Bergeon device. was hoping to get a better understanding of the link anatomy before I just start taking stuff apart. It's still very odd to me that there's no indication as to which direction to "push."

How can you tell on the 5167's bracelet which pin direction is "correct?"

there is an AD relatively close by, but then I'd have to tell my wife to come along, and she honestly has little interest in this stuff. which is why hers is a quartz .....!

If it’s like the aquanaut the pins are symmetrical and direction does not matter. You can use a little hammer and pin tool or even the pin tool that slowly pushes the pin out as you turn the screw, but the Bergeon is so smooth. In my experience, the pins with a direction are asymmetrical kind of like a bobby-pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote