The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2020, 12:25 AM   #1
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Heading to London, Brussels and Amsterdam this weekend

Anyone in those parts visit David Duggan Watches, Amsterdam Vintage Watches or other watch shops?

Want to see if it's worth our time to pop in, but if their prices are astronomical, maybe not...
Old 16 January 2020, 01:20 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I was in Amsterdam for new year's eve and got back home this sunday. I've been doing the same since 1994 and it's my favorite place no question so I think I can help a bit. Regarding watch shops, Amsterdam Vintage Watches is a must visit. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and they always have a lot of nice watches available. Amsterdam Watch Company is a bit smaller but also nice. I had deals in the past with both, but prices are high so don't expect to find good deals in this crazy market. Gassan Dam Square and Gassan Schiphol have zero inventory. The only nice watch I could see at Dam Square was the controversial Tudor P01 and I liked it very much. A couple ADs and many luxury shops at Pieter Cornelisz Hooftstraat (museum square) as well, but you should only visit if you want to see platinum and gold DDs and ladies DJs. Now if you really want to see a lot of sports Rolex you must visit Xupes at De Bijenkorf close to Dam Square. You'll see Hulk, SD4K, 4, 5 and 6 digit GMTs, Zenith Daytonas, many vintage Subs, they really have them all but you'll have to pay (high) market price. However, you won't see many nice watches like that on display anywhere else in AMS. Well I think that's it. Sorry for the long post. I wish you and your wife a very nice trip. Cheers.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 01:23 AM   #3
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I was in Amsterdam for new year's eve and got back home this sunday. I've been doing the same since 1994 and it's my favorite place no question so I think I can help a bit. Regarding watch shops, Amsterdam Vintage Watches is a must visit. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and they always have a lot of nice watches available. Amsterdam Watch Company is a bit smaller but also nice. I had deals in the past with both, but prices are high so don't expect to find good deals in this crazy market. Gassan Dam Square and Gassan Schiphol have zero inventory. The only nice watch I could see at Dam Square was the controversial Tudor P01 and I liked it very much. A couple ADs and many luxury shops at Pieter Cornelisz Hooftstraat (museum square) as well, but you should only visit if you want to see platinum and gold DDs and ladies DJs. Now if you really want to see a lot of sports Rolex you must visit Xupes at De Bijenkorf close to Dam Square. You'll see Hulk, SD4K, 4, 5 and 6 digit GMTs, Zenith Daytonas, many vintage Subs, they really have them all but you'll have to pay (high) market price. However, you won't see many nice watches like that on display anywhere else in AMS. Well I think that's it. Sorry for the long post. I wish you and your wife a very nice trip. Cheers.
That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the in-depth response! I think we'll definitely go to Amsterdam Vintage Watches; the shop looks pretty nice on Instagram.
Old 16 January 2020, 01:25 AM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
That's exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the in-depth response! I think we'll definitely go to Amsterdam Vintage Watches; the shop looks pretty nice on Instagram.
It is very nice indeed. Xupes is really nice too and you'll be impressed with their inventory. Enjoy my friend.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 11:15 AM   #5
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
If you're taking the train I would really recommend a stop over in Rotterdam as well. It's only about 30-40 minutes south of AMS. Lots of history and wonderful food. Check it out online and see if it's any interest.

Amsterdam Vintage Watches was a really nice store. They always have something VERY unique.

Enjoy your trip, look forward to the photos as always.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 11:52 AM   #6
austinp
"TRF" Member

Looking forward to your pictures!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 11:17 PM   #7
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
In Brussels there is a pre-owned watch dealer called Joaillerie Royale near to the Avenue Louise with a lot of Rolex inventory. Do not expect any bargains. Brussels pre-owned watches are overpriced like in Amsterdam. A vintage watch seller called Le Collection Heure is nearby the first shop on Avenue Louise, which has some nice vintage pieces to show.
Happy hunting
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 01:17 AM   #8
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamSLC View Post
If you're taking the train I would really recommend a stop over in Rotterdam as well. It's only about 30-40 minutes south of AMS. Lots of history and wonderful food. Check it out online and see if it's any interest.

Amsterdam Vintage Watches was a really nice store. They always have something VERY unique.

Enjoy your trip, look forward to the photos as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Looking forward to your pictures!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion - we're between that and Zannse Schans.

Will definitely post pics as soon as we get back!