The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 December 2019, 06:28 AM   #211
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
BRAVO!!!!

Again, its terrible that these con-shops think they can get away with these poor business practice.

I hear you brother, at this point its beyond $990 that they charged.
Hope you take these piece of crap hole shop to the court and get your $990 with all the legal fees and work hour compensations on top of that.

Good luck!

P.S
Keep us posted.
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2019, 01:12 AM   #212
Ksporty
"TRF" Member

Good luck here. As a person who has bought successfully from AD's, TRF preferred sellers and large gray dealers online, my perspective from reading all of this is that your experience here is an example of dishonest and sleazy business practices by any measure. I"ll now never visit or buy from this seller, and encourage all who I know to do the same. That they're too stupid/sleazy to drag this out and resolve fairly only reinforces the message to stay away.
Ksporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2019, 04:10 AM   #213
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

You should definitely sue. What awful business practices.
Old 2 January 2020, 06:26 AM   #214
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
So sorry to hear the OP got screwed by this gray dealer. Lies and misrepresentations don't help to grow your business. Fully stickered only means one thing to Rolex fans, and Authenticwatches knows it. These guys sound like the worst of the pawn shops I've been in. Sleazy and acting like they're doing you a favor by selling you their stuff. I've browsed their site in the past and considered purchasing, but no more. Now they are on my blocked list, and I'll tell anyone I know to avoid them.

Best of luck to the OP in recovering the final 10% in court

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 06:34 AM   #215
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Lesson here:

Restocking Fee = Net Profit

*slow clap*
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 07:08 AM   #216
davidb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
As a new member of TRF and someone who is shopping for a new watch, I came across their site several times and was very curious about them.

I definitely won't be ordering from them now.
davidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 07:17 AM   #217
Partagas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DD
BS for sure. A seller I will definitely avoid!
Partagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 03:06 PM   #218
peterpl
Banned

Wont be buying from these guys.

TBH the director should be sacked. He is risking the business for a mere $900 restocking fee when obviously they were misleading in their add.

If I was the owner he'd be gone in a heartbeat. They've lost far far more than $900 purely just from this thread. Probably just from myself easily.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 05:59 PM   #219
nda
"TRF" Member

I would never buy from them having read this. Their advertising was clearly and deliberately misleading. In the UK the company would be investigated under 'Trading Standards'.

Additionally the re-stocking fee (which is another scam) should not apply when they have sold you something which does not match their description.
nda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 06:11 PM   #220
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I am surprised at the current outcome as I expected a full refund and an apology.

I hope this does not end like this.

In any event Authenticwatches is an oxymoron and this Company should be avoided like the plague.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2020, 09:00 PM   #221
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Wont be buying from these guys.

TBH the director should be sacked. He is risking the business for a mere $900 restocking fee when obviously they were misleading in their add.

If I was the owner he'd be gone in a heartbeat. They've lost far far more than $900 purely just from this thread. Probably just from myself easily.
Exactly; utter, utter stupidity. It’s amazing how greed can turn people’s minds to mush.

Googling “Authenticwatches Rolex” brings this thread up at number 8 on page 1.

Moronic
Old 2 January 2020, 09:55 PM   #222
RolyMoly
Banned

Well for one, I don’t know that any grey dealer will have a stickered watch.

For two, so long as it is actually brand new and perfect, I never got why this mattered.

And three, these guys cannot be stupid and talking about the semantics of “factory stickered”, etc. is ridiculous. It’s a bit scammy on their part for sure.
RolyMoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 12:37 PM   #223
cybertrucker
"TRF" Member

I was just talking with some friends about this yesterday, that I find it pretty hilarious that the most “legitimate” resellers of rolexes all tend to have the most illegitimate sounding names. “Authentic Watches,” “Bob’s Watches,” etc. It’s strangely comforting for me to discover at least one of them is a little on the shady side.
cybertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 01:29 PM   #224
nworbled
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Man. The opportunity loss that the company has lost from this thread alone is mind boggling. The GM obviously made an extremely poor decision in not refunding the OP his entire amount. Thousands of dollars in lost sales is greater than $990.

I love when companies with poor business practices get called out like this. Eventually they learn the hard way that consumers' collective voices will not be silenced.
nworbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 02:14 PM   #225
TimelessQuality
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCU2 View Post
Post on WUS and other online forums to get your message across. I’m sure you’ll sway others into not purchasing from them. I certainly won’t thanks to you

Agreed! Please do so OP.
TimelessQuality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2020, 03:22 PM   #226
ERok32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
You were expecting full OEM stickers on a watch purchased at a discount from a gray seller?

Sorry, this is nothing to "beware" of.
This...
ERok32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 12:44 PM   #227
rolex5150
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Agree , avoid them

I bought a watch from them and decided to return it. I did not wear it. I did not even try it on. They charged a. MASSIVE restocking fee and claimed I scratched the watch. Grey market is always buyer beware. Its always that Risk vs reward thing.
rolex5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 03:53 PM   #228
mstauqir
"TRF" Member

Wow.. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on their display date-sub. Screw that!

Sorry about your loss OP. Can’t believe they are willing to take bad rep from thousands of watch enthusiasts over virtually nothing. They got the freaking watch back to scam someone else!
mstauqir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 11:08 PM   #229
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

OP, what happened about the 10% restocking charge?
Did you get a full refund?
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 07:23 AM   #230
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERok32 View Post
This...

Yes I expect full stickers, when I was explicitly told there were full stickers.

There are countless grey dealers on this forum with stickered watches for sale. I personally have purchased stickered watches from this forum.

So yes, if I’m told there are stickers, I expect stickers (Rolex OEM stickers).
streetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 07:24 AM   #231
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex5150 View Post
I bought a watch from them and decided to return it. I did not wear it. I did not even try it on. They charged a. MASSIVE restocking fee and claimed I scratched the watch. Grey market is always buyer beware. Its always that Risk vs reward thing.

Never dealt with such a shady business before. Wish I had read up on them further before transacting with them.
Old 14 January 2020, 07:25 AM   #232
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstauqir View Post
Wow.. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on their display date-sub. Screw that!

Sorry about your loss OP. Can’t believe they are willing to take bad rep from thousands of watch enthusiasts over virtually nothing. They got the freaking watch back to scam someone else!

I wouldn’t recommend buying even a swatch watch from these folks. Shady people over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 14 January 2020, 07:28 AM   #233
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP, what happened about the 10% restocking charge?
Did you get a full refund?

They charged me the 10% restocking fee...

Comical really... all this bad press over $1k.

Have to assume a company willing to take on this level of bad press over $1k probably needs the money much more than I do...
Old 16 January 2020, 04:45 PM   #234
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
The 10% should cover: Refund fee from CC + shipping & insurance they paid for + a little bit of profit for their time.

I think authenticwatches will be fine. They may have missed a dozen sales from here, but they'll be ok in the end. Let's hope their "fully stickered" misleading title is corrected for the future unless they do have fully stickered (factory) watches for sales.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 05:25 PM   #235
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
The 10% should cover: Refund fee from CC + shipping & insurance they paid for + a little bit of profit for their time.

I think authenticwatches will be fine. They may have missed a dozen sales from here, but they'll be ok in the end. Let's hope their "fully stickered" misleading title is corrected for the future unless they do have fully stickered (factory) watches for sales.
I don’t think they deserve 10% after using the misleading ‘fully stickered’ description that you have stated.

They should have accepted all of the out of pocket expenses for their actions.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 04:31 AM   #236
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post

There is no refund fee on CC, they required payment by wire.

And it’s not even a question of whether stickered or not, they sold me a used POLISHED watch as brand new.
Old 18 January 2020, 04:24 AM   #237
lear60man
"TRF" Member

Out of curiosity I just checked and full sticker sets are available for purchase on the interwebs. So triple check your sellers I guess.
lear60man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 05:28 AM   #238
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Authenticwatches.com and the like are NOT the place for a WIS to purchase a watch. They just AREN'T. 100% NEVER.

They are for the general public, who don't know any better.

Someone not in the know would probably think those WERE factory stickers and wouldn't know a polished watch from an unpolished one.

A WIS knows the difference and clearly wants the watch to be a certain way. Authenticwatches.com CANNOT provide that level of accommodation.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason for any member of this forum to buy any watch from a company like authenticwatches.com. We have so many sources among our TD sellers who have strong reputations and are accustomed to the specific needs and wants of the WIS customer.

What happened to the OP is really bad and they should be sued, but going forward this needs to be a lesson to anyone on this forum that grey marketers like AW.com WILL NOT get you what you specifically want. They are not set up for the WIS, don't care about the WIS and never will. Their customers are those ignorant to the ins and outs or those who don't care...just want a Rollie...etc.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:31 AM   #239
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Authenticwatches.com and the like are NOT the place for a WIS to purchase a watch. They just AREN'T. 100% NEVER.

They are for the general public, who don't know any better.

Someone not in the know would probably think those WERE factory stickers and wouldn't know a polished watch from an unpolished one.

A WIS knows the difference and clearly wants the watch to be a certain way. Authenticwatches.com CANNOT provide that level of accommodation.

That being said, there is absolutely no reason for any member of this forum to buy any watch from a company like authenticwatches.com. We have so many sources among our TD sellers who have strong reputations and are accustomed to the specific needs and wants of the WIS customer.

What happened to the OP is really bad and they should be sued, but going forward this needs to be a lesson to anyone on this forum that grey marketers like AW.com WILL NOT get you what you specifically want. They are not set up for the WIS, don't care about the WIS and never will. Their customers are those ignorant to the ins and outs or those who don't care...just want a Rollie...etc.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 09:09 AM   #240
Burlington
"TRF" Member

BEWARE of Authenticwatches.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfish View Post
There is no refund fee on CC, they required payment by wire.

And it’s not even a question of whether stickered or not, they sold me a used POLISHED watch as brand new.

How is the legal challenge going ? I do think when companies receive threats like that they know 99% of them are bluster but great when they actually get carried through.

Hope you can make progress on that front.

Can’t stand business practices like this. Just not on, so well done on making a scene and following up on it.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote