The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 January 2020, 02:16 AM   #1
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
DavidSW Regrouping Grand Seiko Question

I'm curious, purely for discussion as we will probably never will know unless David answers himself...

Up until a few months ago, DavidSW had Grand Seiko listed as it's own brand on his listings. He has since consolidated it to just a Seiko grouping which is all encompassing of GS and Seiko. I wonder why? I feel like it will make it harder for those new to the watch game to find pre-loved GS on his site. I wonder if it's intentional as not to take away from Rolex Sales since GS is so awesome? People will just assume it's a Seiko? But that doesn't make sense either as I know he wants to move inventory rather than have it sit.

Just curious what you guys think. I realize this has zero impact on life.
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 02:23 AM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

If Tudor and Rolex are separately listed, I don't have a guess as to why this might be.
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 02:35 AM   #3
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

He would prob answer you if you emailed him..

Personally I don’t mind. There are expensive Seikos that are more than some GS, so including them together makes it easier for me to browse everything Seiko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 08:44 AM   #4
MSchu
Banned

I suspect it may have something to do with shrinking that offering from seiko/GS for his website. I've offered a GS and high end Seiko as a partial trade for a rolex purchase and I am usually turned down.

There are a lot of other venues for used Seiko and GS
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 11:28 AM   #5
collarcity
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 14060M
There's more and more non-Grand Seikos creeping into GS price brackets.
collarcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:39 PM   #6
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My speculation would be that it is easier for the average customer to just go to one place on the site to see all the watches. David has some good inventory and it turns over very well. I could care less how he does it but I am a little further down the road with my Seiko/GS knowledge.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2020, 09:55 PM   #7
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Well looking at it solely from an inventory and stock perspective, also marketing...he only has one page's worth of stock. If you split the two you'd have two sections to manage and from a visual point of view, it would look sort of ridiculous to click on a page that only has 2-3 watches.

Your business looks a lot better when you have stock and choices to offer. Kind of how you walk by a Rolex display that has five DJs and a YM. Immediately I say "boring". You have to look at it how a web designer makes a page more appealing for browsers of watches. A person looking for Seikos clicks on Grand Seiko and doesn't see any "Seikos" because those are further down in the menu under Seiko or vice versa.

I think it's web design for easier shopping particularly on such low stock items...he has twelve pages of Rolex and one sometimes two pages for Tudor. It makes sense to separate such large stock. But a page for three Seiko watches and another for ten or so doesn't seem reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
My speculation would be that it is easier for the average customer to just go to one place on the site to see all the watches.
Yeap.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 12:50 AM   #8
Jhowton23
"TRF" Member

my feeling is that since theres a lot of pricing overlap between the GS, Prospex LX, and Presage lines these days. probably makes it easier to just select seiko and sort by price
Jhowton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 06:32 AM   #9
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Not a big deal
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 05:12 AM   #10
Bluepilot15
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710A
He must have seen your post. David now has everything listed under Grand Seiko Seiko, not just Seiko.
Bluepilot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 02:42 PM   #11
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepilot15 View Post
He must have seen your post. David now has everything listed under Grand Seiko Seiko, not just Seiko.
I just noticed that. Went to go see what was on the Seiko offerings and couldn’t find it lol. Then I saw the change. I think it will help him move more GS. I think the interest in GS is going to increase especially with the unavailability with Rolex.

I used to have 6 Rolex at one point. I’m down to two and have turned into a full GS/Seiko fan boy over the last year or so.
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 09:34 PM   #12
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
No a big deal to me, maybe consolidation on his website but I don’t think that the two share the same quality... From my limited understanding the differences between Seiko and GS are very different
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 10:07 PM   #13
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I saw where David made the change on the site.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote