The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 January 2020, 11:51 AM   #31
lamnyc
"TRF" Member

Got mine in 2007 also. It still gets the most wrist time. One of my favorite.
lamnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 04:25 PM   #32
descartes
"TRF" Member

I got my LN in Italy in July, 2019 as a replacement for a 16710 Coke that I’ve worn daily for almost 30 years. I’ve work the LN 99% of the time since I got it and my Platona, Royal Oak (15300) and a bunch of others just stay in the bank safe. The LN is that good.
Old 18 January 2020, 05:10 AM   #33
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Man I hope so

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 05:46 AM   #34
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C - Black
One of the cleanest GMTs
tacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 05:52 AM   #35
Sonos
"TRF" Member

I really want one of these as a daily
Sonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 06:21 AM   #36
GMT Aviator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
I got my LN in Italy in July, 2019 as a replacement for a 16710 Coke that I’ve worn daily for almost 30 years. I’ve work the LN 99% of the time since I got it and my Platona, Royal Oak (15300) and a bunch of others just stay in the bank safe. The LN is that good.
If you ever needed a testimonial on how good the LN is as all rounder then this is it.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 02:37 PM   #37
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

Love mine. I like the GMT IIc LN much more than the SubC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 51DFCA8D-233C-48D4-B7AA-9E8CFFE25E37.jpeg (174.4 KB, 251 views)
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 02:42 PM   #38
peterpl
Banned

All the prices have peaked and are on the way down for every single model not just the GMT LN
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 07:08 PM   #39
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60 View Post
In this region no one cares about the LN, everyone is Pepsi or Batman. I have been following four brand new LN’s making the circles for the last year and no one will touch them.

Just to be clear it’s my favorite GMT Rolex and only one I would buy but for retail pricing only. But that’s a personal choice.
Bahrainis are special in the region. They have taste.
APPRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:20 PM   #40
wcl884
"TRF" Member

As a reference, I was at a Grey last week looking at a pre-owned Blancpain - I was asked if I want to trade in my 2009 GMT LN for $8300 credit or $7800 cash. I politely declined.
wcl884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:27 PM   #41
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Complete opinion - but I think that the GMT prices have topped out. Personally I’m VERY surprised that they have gotten as high as they have. The LN - though, being discontinued will likely remain at/above “retail” prices (condition dependent, of course) but I feel that the others will normalize at some point. Now, what that normalization point is...who knows. Likely above retail for some time....
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 12:11 AM   #42
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
I agree about the price it achieved.

I think LN price are being hurt by Rolex having so too many other SS GMT models 'available'. There are just too many 6-digit pre-owned and still in production options that's keeping the LN's prices lower than the others.

For about 6 years, the LN was the only SS GMT around. Then for 6 years after that, it only had the BLNR to deal with. Now it has the SS BLNR & BLRO.

Just imagine if a SS Coke on Oyster arrives. Then we'll have 3 other individual 6-digit model GMTs with black on the bezel. ...and honestly, as a former LN owner myself, it's too "plain jane"compared to the BLNR (& Coke if ever made). Reminds me of the 16710. Despite the ease of swapping inserts, LN models have always sold for less than Coke and Pepsi ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Complete opinion - but I think that the GMT prices have topped out. Personally I’m VERY surprised that they have gotten as high as they have. The LN - though, being discontinued will likely remain at/above “retail” prices (condition dependent, of course) but I feel that the others will normalize at some point. Now, what that normalization point is...who knows. Likely above retail for some time....
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 12:47 AM   #43
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
Love mine. I like the GMT IIc LN much more than the SubC.

Agreed. I could never decide which to wear so I traded in the sub since I paid MSRP for it.
Old 19 January 2020, 12:48 AM   #44
0-60
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRF View Post
Bahrainis are special in the region. They have taste.

Hahaha Cheers mate. I try the Pepsi, no connection, I try the Batman/Batgirl no connection and then I try on the LN and bam gorgeousness and classiness and no nicknames lol. People have started calling it the dark knight though haha.
Old 19 January 2020, 03:36 AM   #45
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonline View Post
I agree about the price it achieved.

I think LN price are being hurt by Rolex having so too many other SS GMT models 'available'. There are just too many 6-digit pre-owned and still in production options that's keeping the LN's prices lower than the others.

For about 6 years, the LN was the only SS GMT around. Then for 6 years after that, it only had the BLNR to deal with. Now it has the SS BLNR & BLRO.

Just imagine if a SS Coke on Oyster arrives. Then we'll have 3 other individual 6-digit model GMTs with black on the bezel. ...and honestly, as a former LN owner myself, it's too "plain jane"compared to the BLNR (& Coke if ever made). Reminds me of the 16710. Despite the ease of swapping inserts, LN models have always sold for less than Coke and Pepsi ones.

Definitely possible. Although I remember back in the ‘old days’ in the 90s- I remember my AD couldn’t GIVE away a Pepsi or Coke GMT!! Most people either wanted the LN or the (real) Root Beer.

I think a Coke GMT is DEFINITELY possible this year - as the three did co-exist back in day - and each seem to have a different following - especially as hyped up as they are now. Yet to a degree available. I have a feeling we might see a Coke bezel on a WG GMT. The Pepsi WG wasn’t a huge seller - and I don’t think many are running out for the Meteor dial — which I saw in the metal a few weeks ago. Very nice - not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 05:52 AM   #46
Curly11
"TRF" Member

Well....first post and first watch.
(Fingers crossed I uploaded the pic correctly)

Been on my wrist for two hours. Got it from AD in their “estate” section. Bought originally in 2013 and never worn. Complete set. Seems to be a little controversial but, I love it! You guys were extremely helpful as I ventured into this “hobby/lifestyle/cult” :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6C51DEAA-CABE-41C2-8BCF-DACE2D944E6F.jpeg (22.9 KB, 161 views)
Curly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 05:53 AM   #47
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post

Been on my wrist for two hours. Got it from AD in their “estate” section. Bought originally in 2013 and never worn. Complete set. Seems to be a little controversial but, I love it! You guys were extremely helpful as I ventured into this “hobby/lifestyle/cult” :)

Great choice!
Old 19 January 2020, 06:30 AM   #48
supersam80
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 26331ST
My only rolex and I love it

I think prices have come down a little from peak but aren't falling. I also think at some point a 126710ln will be released with a red gmt hand, but who knows what that will do to values of the old model.
supersam80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 04:36 PM   #49
0-60
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post

Lucky!
Old 20 January 2020, 12:44 AM   #50
Highlatitude
"TRF" Member

My favourite Rolex of all time. Was sad when it was discontinued.

Fingers crossed that they release a 126710LN on an Oyster bracelet.
Highlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 12:56 AM   #51
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
I love the green accented GMT. It’s why it’s my daily wearer and has been with me on every flight since owning it except when in for a service. The LN will return but I sincerely doubt there will be green accents on it. So while hardly rare or scarce, the run is over. I couldn’t care less about prices as I’ll wear it until I die.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 01:03 AM   #52
SeaAndSky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
Definitely possible. Although I remember back in the ‘old days’ in the 90s- I remember my AD couldn’t GIVE away a Pepsi or Coke GMT!! Most people either wanted the LN or the (real) Root Beer.
This was my experience as well. I window shopped for a year while sticking away the cash for my 116710LN. Cases were full of five digit BLROs and an occasional LN but no ceramic LNs. I’ve said before that Rolex finally got the bezel right with BLNR and it is a beautiful watch but I personally don’t like the look of the jubilee bracelet and I prefer the all black bezel. And the new BLRO simply isn’t blue or red. Blurple just isn’t my thing when it comes to dials. They will release another LN eventually on an Oyster strap and it will look great with either a blue or red 24 hour hand. I predict that will be a super hot watch once they do.
SeaAndSky is offline   Reply With Quote