The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 4 February 2020, 03:04 PM   #1471
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Some of the positive takeaways from reading this thread - the community of REAL watch enthusiasts really sticks together and has each others’ backs. I love that. Also, this civilized, if spirited, discussion is one of the few remaining open on this subject, and we owe that to our fantastic TRF mods.

Hopefully the speed and finality with which the Horology House collapsed will serve as a warning and deterrent to other would-be scammers. Don’t f*ck with the watch community.
Old 4 February 2020, 03:05 PM   #1472
BumperX
"TRF" Member

Man, what a POS. I belong to a car forum and something like this happened....guess what we did, we all submitted our story (although I wasnt a victim) to news outlets. We knew the perp was reading...so we really wanted to make his life miserable and shame him on a national level.

Sorry if this was suggested already as I skipped through 20 pages. I see the story got picked up by a watch blog, now lets contact the big guys like Hodinkee and all else. NBC loves this stuff:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tips

You know the shitbag Chris is reading this.....so let's really give him some white hairs.
Old 4 February 2020, 03:12 PM   #1473
TheBigBang
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
We have been discussing what was done and that is the more useful data for newbies dipping a toe into the secondary watch market. The Why and the How are far more difficult to get right.

But the scam did follow some age-old methods when a supposedly trusted source goes bad for any reason.

If you’re new to collecting, maybe stick with an AD until you’ve gained some deeper knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agree with "If you’re new to collecting, maybe stick with an AD until you’ve gained some deeper knowledge." Unfortunately this will preclude Rolex AD's if you are after anything more than a Date Just, etc. Rolex has to open its books so buyers can be enticed back into Rolex AD's.
Old 4 February 2020, 03:34 PM   #1474
dreadforge
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkington View Post
It's tricky to publicly condemn someone/ another registered company as most youtube channels are registered companies and are therefore easily sued for defamation. Watch Reviews has threatened legal action against me for calling me a conman. I've seen threats from CE to his "customers" regarding defamation lawsuits.

It's one thing saying something behind the anonymity of a username and avatar and another thing say something as a registered company.
Then don't say anything until facts come to light, come on.
Old 4 February 2020, 03:43 PM   #1475
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperX View Post
Man, what a POS. I belong to a car forum and something like this happened....guess what we did, we all submitted our story (although I wasnt a victim) to news outlets. We knew the perp was reading...so we really wanted to make his life miserable and shame him on a national level.

Sorry if this was suggested already as I skipped through 20 pages. I see the story got picked up by a watch blog, now lets contact the big guys like Hodinkee and all else. NBC loves this stuff:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tips

You know the shitbag Chris is reading this.....so let's really give him some white hairs.
I’m sure Hodinkee knows about this already and is staying clear of it
Old 4 February 2020, 04:07 PM   #1476
jonski
"TRF" Member

Watch: Urwerk103
Don't trust HorologyHouse, HorologyHouse, Hologyhouse

HOROLOGYHOUSE
Old 4 February 2020, 04:21 PM   #1477
blancnoir
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM1
Thank you mod!!!

Thank you mod for ridding this place of CE's apologists.

Mad respect to you!
Old 4 February 2020, 04:42 PM   #1478
brabusbrad
"TRF" Member

Who would've guessed, his content was so well done. Guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. I despise people who take advantage of our hobby like this, and there are so many watch "pundits" on YouTube selling watches and watch straps just to cash in on our hobby. I would never buy a watch strap from a YouTube self proclaimed watch expert.
Old 4 February 2020, 04:55 PM   #1479
Oodles of Noodles
"TRF" Member

Is there any way to combat these super fakes, or is this just the future that we have to live in? Have the big companies just given up in the face of counterfeiting or are they actively trying to quash it?
Old 4 February 2020, 05:02 PM   #1480
jimmytamp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, IWC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by importstunna View Post
When is he going to come out and give his side of the story? That's what I am waiting for.

He won’t because he IS a pro-scammer as well as a coward.

He will use 1001 excuses for us t think his reason why he dis all those frauds.

Cheers

https://www.instagram.com/fliegerb777/
Old 4 February 2020, 05:05 PM   #1481
jimmytamp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverixk View Post
Sure send me your bank account details and passwords.
I’ll make sure everyone gets their money back by today unless you’re a little light on the wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guys is clearly one of the arrogant admin/mod of AWBSS as well as Chris’ friend.

Thanks Tim for banning him out

Cheers

Old 4 February 2020, 05:52 PM   #1482
vanilla.coffee
"TRF" Member

Great work to the mods for keeping this open and well moderated.

And great work to the community here for calling out the JustBlueFish and the Just Horology youtube channels.
I guess their credibility just dropped to zero right there.

Hope this crinkles out well for those still owed monies.

Last edited by vanilla.coffee; 4 February 2020 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Autocorrect correction
Old 4 February 2020, 05:56 PM   #1483
xaykogeki
"TRF" Member

Watch: H. Moser and Cie
Quote:
And great work to the community here for calling out the JustBlueFish and the Just Horology youtube channels. I guess their credibility just dropped to zero right there.
I actually missed this one. What happened to them?
Old 4 February 2020, 06:06 PM   #1484
blancnoir
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaykogeki View Post
I actually missed this one. What happened to them?
They voiced out their opinions without reading and understanding everything and they even have the audacity to defend HH.
Old 4 February 2020, 06:24 PM   #1485
Malvolio76
Banned

Quote:
It’s easy to Look at the big picture and make assumptions.

But not all of you knew him personally.

Had I known that my case being one of the first was the start of the fk arounds I would have reported earlier.

That being said I only want the truth and facts to be known.

Majority of the people here are not on the forum as often as some of us and are making assumptions based on evidence presented here.

Still not defending him , if you want to bury him be my guest.
I have a soft spot as he assisted me when I needed it most so my apologies if I come off as jaded.

Is that you Chris?

Old 4 February 2020, 06:25 PM   #1486
Malvolio76
Banned

Quote:
It’s all good happy to remove my post and experience.

Thanks guys for the assistance.

This is clearly not the avenue for me to to tell my story.

Do you live in Perth and know him?

Old 4 February 2020, 06:26 PM   #1487
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolio76 View Post
Do you live in Perth and know him?

He is banned. He cant answer anyone
Old 4 February 2020, 06:33 PM   #1488
TheBigBang
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodles of Noodles View Post
Is there any way to combat these super fakes, or is this just the future that we have to live in? Have the big companies just given up in the face of counterfeiting or are they actively trying to quash it?
Maybe if Rolex supplied the watches they produce then the incentive to scam, cheat and scalp will be lessened. Somehow I can't remove the idea from my mind that Rolex is/has created a culture for unscrupulous people to live within.
Old 4 February 2020, 07:06 PM   #1489
Larrry
"TRF" Member

Is there any medium left where the bloke can try offer up an explanation? Granted he can only dig himself a deeper hole but I’m guessing I’m not the only one who would enjoy any direct response he might offer.
Old 4 February 2020, 07:09 PM   #1490
EXPL1&2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners123 View Post
I know we are largely treading known ground at this point, as all the evidence and facts seem to be out in the open. I'd just like to add that the gambling angle seems completely plausible and I think is in fact the truth.

Nothing about this feels methodical or planned. If you were in his shoes with a high profile in the community and successful new business, and you wanted to scam people, you would sit down and think okay, how can I do this with the least risk of getting caught?

You would probably do things like, only selling to overseas buyers who have little to know recourse. Who is going to believe a random person in Europe or Asia against a well known Aussie Youtuber?

You'd never try to screw anyone within your own local group or community

You would only take phone calls so there is a limited paper trail etc.

This feels like a desperate guy who needed $x,000 in cash in 48 hours, and taking payment up front for watches that never existed was an easy way to do it.

Doesn't excuse his actions, they are deplorable and I hope there are real world legal consequences for him.

However, I do not agree with those that are dismissing gambling as another lie.
Anyone who uses "my wife's had a miscarriage" / "my parent's house is on fire" / "someone I know is in that NZ volcano" / "oh, you can't find the parcel using that tracking info' I gave you?" is probably lying when they say they have a "gambling problem". It's an obvious ruse to gain sympathy.
Old 4 February 2020, 07:13 PM   #1491
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrry View Post
Is there any medium left where the bloke can try offer up an explanation? Granted he can only dig himself a deeper hole but I’m guessing I’m not the only one who would enjoy any direct response he might offer.
That ship has sailed ... I'm afraid...

He chose to erase off all records of his existence rather than explaining himself as so he claimed in the early hours of the debacle...

It is now about going through the rubble, and hopefully finding a coin or two to pay back whatever maybe owed to the victims...
Old 4 February 2020, 07:16 PM   #1492
blackmambaz
"TRF" Member

i wonder where is he now,ran overseas? or what his colleagues has to say when they see him at work
Old 4 February 2020, 07:33 PM   #1493
toomanymatts
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrry View Post
I'm sure that if he made a full and frank confessional video and posted it to his Youtube/Instagram/anywhere else, we'd all watch it.

Every medium is still available.

I wouldn't be holding my breath however.
Old 4 February 2020, 07:49 PM   #1494
Qballdp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBang View Post
Maybe if Rolex supplied the watches they produce then the incentive to scam, cheat and scalp will be lessened. Somehow I can't remove the idea from my mind that Rolex is/has created a culture for unscrupulous people to live within.
This times 1000!!! Not to lessen the asshatery of Mr. Horology Hoax, but I squarely blame Rolex for fostering an environment where these shenanigans are the norm rather than the exception with their completely manufactured and intentional inventory shortages. If I want literally any Omega model, I could literally have one in my watchbox within an hour, likely within an hour, and for 10-30% below MSRP, from an AD. The same for virtually any other brand. But God forbid a Daytona or Submariner catches your eye. Then your only option are wait forever, or pay double for it from some back alley shyster who also demands a handjob for the privilege of doing business with him. Shame on you Rolex. I hope you're reading this.
Old 4 February 2020, 08:32 PM   #1495
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qballdp View Post
This times 1000!!! Not to lessen the asshatery of Mr. Horology Hoax, but I squarely blame Rolex for fostering an environment where these shenanigans are the norm rather than the exception with their completely manufactured and intentional inventory shortages. If I want literally any Omega model, I could literally have one in my watchbox within an hour, likely within an hour, and for 10-30% below MSRP, from an AD. The same for virtually any other brand. But God forbid a Daytona or Submariner catches your eye. Then your only option are wait forever, or pay double for it from some back alley shyster who also demands a handjob for the privilege of doing business with him. Shame on you Rolex. I hope you're reading this.
Seriously??

And your lack of class is showing.

Old 4 February 2020, 08:33 PM   #1496
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I'm astonished it took 50 pages before people started blaming Rolex and "the shortage" for this. I'd have put money on these making an appearance on page 4 at the latest.
Old 4 February 2020, 08:37 PM   #1497
jimmytamp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmambaz View Post
i wonder where is he now,ran overseas? or what his colleagues has to say when they see him at work

I’m sure he’s here in TRF with different username along side with his friends who try to defend him or to do a damage-control for him.

Old 4 February 2020, 08:37 PM   #1498
wb55
"TRF" Member

Very bizarre logic blaming Rolex for a con man selling fake watches.
Old 4 February 2020, 08:39 PM   #1499
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
Very bizarre logic blaming Rolex for a con man selling fake watches.
Yes, like blaming car companies for car crashes , very strange
Old 4 February 2020, 08:40 PM   #1500
old45
"TRF" Member

Have to say the Time and Tide article is a bit half arsed and sloppy, feels like about 5 mins of research went into it.
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , [email protected] , perth , scam , scammer