The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 February 2020, 12:29 AM   #1
Just1More
"TRF" Member

Rolex Baselworld 2021 Predictions

Well, we might as well get started. Since Baselworld is postponed to January 2021 will Rolex release midseason models in Jan 2021 or just release the 2021 Models earlier. This will mess them up for sure. The Swiss are very organized and structured? Now, what models will we predict?
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 01:15 AM   #2
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Im sure this years new models will be released by mid 2020. I can't see them being held back until 2021. How they advertise them now seems to be the question.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 01:17 AM   #3
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=727896
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 01:17 AM   #4
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
They'll probably do a live stream web-release or something similar. If you recall Baselworld wasn't a definite even prior with all the brands pulling out. I impinge, Rolex has already had a contingency plan in case Basel was canceled in general.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 01:29 AM   #5
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
New and improved Daytona (put in a quartz movement), Air King, and OP (both of the latter to use ETA movements). I think my prediction is as good as anyone else's.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 03:52 PM   #6
grimps
"TRF" Member

They'll just use their social media and release them on the same day they would have anyway .
Last year I got the new Batman on May the first after it being announced in March at Basel.
I would expect the dates to be the same this year
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 11:14 PM   #7
train-time
"TRF" Member

Rolex has always been a fairly conservative company and as such moves slowly. Eight months delay with Basel probably would not mean much to them. My guess is they would just wait until January 2021.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 11:22 PM   #8
P1nky_Up
"TRF" Member

Postponing the show until Jan. just doesn’t make sense to me. If the typical show is in April then they would have 2 shows within 3 months of each other. Just doesn’t make sense to me. The only way I think it would make sense is if they don’t have a Spring show and January is the only show next year, which in a way would mean this years was canceled and not postponed. Curious to see what pans out next year.

As for Rolex, I’m sure they’ll release their watches on social media and their site in a couple months. They have the hype already and they would want to capitalize on it.
P1nky_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 11:24 PM   #9
SLSteve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1nky_Up View Post
Postponing the show until Jan. just doesn’t make sense to me. If the typical show is in April then they would have 2 shows within 3 months of each other. Just doesn’t make sense to me. The only way I think it would make sense is if they don’t have a Spring show and January is the only show next year, which in a way would mean this years was canceled and not postponed. Curious to see what pans out next year.

As for Rolex, I’m sure they’ll release their watches on social media and their site in a couple months. They have the hype already and they would want to capitalize on it.
What I don't get is why not postpone till september this year? Should be plenty of time.
SLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 12:01 AM   #10
djgallo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
If you recall Baselworld wasn't a definite even prior with all the brands pulling out. I impinge, Rolex has already had a contingency plan in case Basel was canceled in general.
Why would Rolex have had a prior contingency?

If it wasn’t for the Coronovirus -Baselworld would not have been canceled.

So what if some makers like Seiko/Citizen threw a tantrum and pulled out....no big loss IMO. Baselworld is the world's foremost show for watches, jewellery, precious stones and related industries...it’s not just about watches....I could be wrong but I would also bet Rolex will continue to be a main contributor....
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 01:31 AM   #11
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

.... “postponed” again lol. They can’t even say the word canceled until 2021.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 03:40 AM   #12
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
No change for 2020. The companies will announce on-line their 2020 releases in April as planned. May be some regional shows set up. The big change will be in 2021 with Basel being held in January. This means the 2021 releases will be unveiled in January.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 03:41 AM   #13
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
New and improved Daytona (put in a quartz movement), Air King, and OP (both of the latter to use ETA movements). I think my prediction is as good as anyone else's.

That is original! . Hat’s off for inventiveness. Cheers.
Old 2 March 2020, 03:43 AM   #14
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
My prediction is that January 2021 won’t happen, either. The region will still be dealing with the issue. Planning takes months in advance. at the ready.