The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 March 2020, 06:32 PM   #3271
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Debacle? It’s wiping out a whole generation of Italian elders, Iran is crippled under sanctions, New York and California are pretty much locked down.,and can’t get what they need. And screw economics at this point. The U.S. needs a complete quarantine. No flights or any kind of travel. It’s spreading like a wild brush fire. Everyone is frustrated.. especially when one of your family or yourself needs a ventilation machine or vaccine.

Jesus, some you are worried about the stock market and your next watch purchase. And if your business survives.

Grow the hell up.

If it hits the US like Italy we are done
for years perhaps. Let’s all pray that they find a vaccine quickly,

Just stop and think. No one here is immune to this debacle
I don’t care about the stock market or my next watch. I just refuse to hunker down in deep depression and crippling anxiety over the future of mankind. I agree with your points wholeheartedly but absolute panic is never the answer. I am not here to argue a point with anyone. The debacle I was referring to was mainly panic buying and talk of the end of the human race (which won’t happen).
Old 22 March 2020, 06:35 PM   #3272
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I am starting to get concerned about sanitation issues due to the availability of toilet paper.

More and more people I speak to are running out or are out. They can't find any.

It was bit of a joke at first, but people are doing some questionable things to deal with the issue and it's messing up plumbing and sewage systems.

Some stores are limiting purchases (but not all), but will there need to be rationing? Like real WW2 style rationing of some goods like TP and Sanitizer?

Your thoughts?
I think the UK is ahead of the US by about a week or so. We had our toilet paper hoarding peak about a week or so ago and lots of major retailers did their own rationing at the tills (which wasn't that effective as people just went out of the door and then back in again, or families went mob handed) but I have certainly noticed this situation improve in recent days. It's almost as if those minded to hoard TP have already hoarded enough to satisfy themselves and things are edging back to normality. One week ago it would have been impossible for me to find TP where I live but now I wouldn't struggle too much although it might mean visiting 3 or 4 outlets. Hand sanitiser is still rarely seen but normal soap or Fairy is widely available.
Old 22 March 2020, 06:35 PM   #3273
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Debacle? It’s wiping out a whole generation of Italian elders, Iran is crippled under sanctions, New York and California are pretty much locked down.,and can’t get what they need. And screw economics at this point. The U.S. needs a complete quarantine. No flights or any kind of travel. It’s spreading like a wild brush fire. Everyone is frustrated.. especially when one of your family or yourself needs a ventilation machine or vaccine.

Jesus, some you are worried about the stock market and your next watch purchase. And if your business survives.

Grow the hell up.

If it hits the US like Italy we are done
for years perhaps. Let’s all pray that they find a vaccine quickly,

Just stop and think. No one here is immune to this debacle
Correct,there are some kiddies on this forum who never really went through tough times in history, that is in for a very rude awakening .
Spoken ,in my lifetime,to may that went through the great depression and WW11 .We really do not comprehend what hardship is .
Old 22 March 2020, 06:37 PM   #3274
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatty View Post
Well said Eddie, big changes here this week.
Peter, at my age I have no fears for myself but I am really concerned for my wife, my eight children, my fourteen grandchildren, my great grandchild and all my friends and associates.

I hope you and all your family and friends move past this in good health.

E.

Old 22 March 2020, 06:43 PM   #3275
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Peter, at my age I have no fears for myself but I am really concerned for my wife, my eight children, my fourteen grandchildren, my great grandchild and all my friends and associates.

I hope you and all your family and friends move past this in good health.

E.
I’m sure they will all be ok if our authorities get tough enforcing restrictions placed on us so we can end this thing sooner than later
Old 22 March 2020, 06:51 PM   #3276
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV C
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatty View Post
I’m sure they will all be ok if our authorities get tough enforcing restrictions placed on us
I second that. I apologize if I upset anyone. The real point I was trying to get across was that we needn't be all doom and gloom. We have to keep positivity alive and continue doing the things we love. It is who and what we are. I have endured hardship in my past as a rampant alcoholic that lived on the street from The age of 19-22. I don’t want to relive that kind of darkness through this global catastrophe. I pray that everyone here gets through this safely.
Old 22 March 2020, 07:38 PM   #3277
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
I’ve just seen that local villages here in Wales are starting to put up signs telling people they aren’t welcome. Didn’t that happen in China?

We have a number of mountain walks here and they were packed yesterday. People queuing to go up the mountain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 March 2020, 07:43 PM   #3278
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
I’ve just seen that local villages here in Wales are starting to put up signs telling people they aren’t welcome. Didn’t that happen in China?

We have a number of mountain walks here and they were packed yesterday. People queuing to go up the mountain!

Snowdonia National Park apparently experienced its busiest day in history yesterday. Unreal!
Old 22 March 2020, 07:50 PM   #3279
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It may come down to that .Countries/cities,towns etc divided in blocks of clean areas .1 month worldwide .It will burn itself out .Practical solution for the disease ,very impractical for everyday life and economy.

Bite the bullet now,or bite a much larger one for much much longer .

If you do not see an infected person ,you cannot get the disease

Isolation !!
Old 22 March 2020, 08:06 PM   #3280
BigBlue1

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I’ve done a number of yoga retreats in areas with minimal plumbing. You could not flush anything but waste. All paper was put in a trash can next to the toilets.

If I run, out of actual TP, I’ll cut shreds of old T-shirt’s or towels or whatever. Put it in the trash and dispose in the outside trash.

Not a permanent solution. But it’ll help for a certain amount of time. Hopefully, long enough.

Did you ever think in your lifetime you would type something like this? Just crazy. The extremes we may have to resort too. Unbelievable.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
Old 22 March 2020, 08:36 PM   #3281
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
It may come down to that .Countries/cities,towns etc divided in blocks of clean areas .1 month worldwide .It will burn itself out .Practical solution for the disease ,very impractical for everyday life and economy.

Bite the bullet now,or bite a much larger one for much much longer .

If you do not see an infected person ,you cannot get the disease

Isolation !!
Hi Neef,

Hope your are all well over there.

Take care.

Oom.

Old 22 March 2020, 09:00 PM   #3282
colpol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
I think the UK is ahead of the US by about a week or so. We had our toilet paper hoarding peak about a week or so ago and lots of major retailers did their own rationing at the tills (which wasn't that effective as people just went out of the door and then back in again, or families went mob handed) but I have certainly noticed this situation improve in recent days. It's almost as if those minded to hoard TP have already hoarded enough to satisfy themselves and things are edging back to normality. One week ago it would have been impossible for me to find TP where I live but now I wouldn't struggle too much although it might mean visiting 3 or 4 outlets. Hand sanitiser is still rarely seen but normal soap or Fairy is widely available.
Yes - I think the hoarders have run out of space now

Last week there was hundreds queued to get into our local Asda at opening time some mornings

I walked in at 0830 this morning & apart from rice/ hand sanitizer - did the weekly shopping as normal

(Nob end in front of me with 2 x 16 roll packs of TP). Unless he’s got a wife & 6 daughters why would you ?? I’d be embarrassed to buy 2 packs that size at the moment
Old 22 March 2020, 09:08 PM   #3283
chappuy1750

Watch: JLC
This is really quite something.

https://covidactnow.org/

Assumptions:
https://bit.ly/2Uw43Gw
Old 22 March 2020, 09:13 PM   #3284
chappuy1750

And then this:

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/
Old 22 March 2020, 09:24 PM   #3285
Brew
"TRF" Member

I can't help but imagine what this would all be like, if the contagion was something serious, not just a flu. I don't mean to minimize the horror of where we find ourselves, or where we appear to be heading, but this is just a flu, not ebola.

Some serious rethinking has gotta happen, when we come up for air.
Old 22 March 2020, 09:37 PM   #3286
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
I can't help but imagine what this would all be like, if the contagion was something serious, not just a flu. I don't mean to minimize the horror of where we find ourselves, or where we appear to be heading, but this is just a flu, not ebola.

It's just the flu!? And she is what? An octogenarian?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/572255/...s-coronavirus/
Old 22 March 2020, 09:44 PM   #3287
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:

Larry:

Do not agree that this is just a flu.

Stay safe.
Old 22 March 2020, 09:46 PM   #3288
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

China's 3 day streak of no new cases is over. All but one of the new cases were imported.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...onavirus-cases

Stay safe
Old 22 March 2020, 09:47 PM   #3289
Brew
"TRF" Member

Please. I don't mean to minimize this flu. It is an awful killer. I drove down to NJ to bring my elderly mother away from it. I am horrified by this, and am scared. BY A FLU!!!

I'm blown away by this fact and these circumstances, and am ever-so thankful it's not worse.
Old 22 March 2020, 09:54 PM   #3290
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please. I don't mean to minimize this flu. It is an awful killer. I drove down to NJ to bring my elderly mother away from it. I am horrified by this, and am scared. BY A FLU!!!

I'm blown away by this fact and these circumstances, and am ever-so thankful it's not worse.
Seems you did some serious rethinking quickly .
Old 22 March 2020, 09:54 PM   #3291
chappuy1750

The main similarities to the flu are the preventive measures an individual can take to prevent the spread: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; avoid close contact with people who are sick; stay home when you are sick; and clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Old 22 March 2020, 10:07 PM   #3292
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi Neef,

Hope your are all well over there.

Take care.

Oom.
Hi Oom ,waiting for the storm .........
Old 22 March 2020, 10:13 PM   #3293
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Seems you did some serious rethinking quickly .

Not one bit. I just realized that some may not read my post as I intended it. I did not intend to minimize this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 22 March 2020, 10:14 PM   #3294
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Just had it hit pretty close to home, school teacher colleague of my sisters auntie just passed away from it

Old 22 March 2020, 10:14 PM   #3295
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic_user View Post
I've been hopping in the shower after, considering theres still running water. To save the precious tp.

SM-N960U

RIP Mikey
Old 22 March 2020, 10:16 PM   #3296
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Not one bit. I just realized that some may not read my post as I intended it. I did not intend to minimize this matter.

Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Stay safe.
Old 22 March 2020, 10:19 PM   #3297
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
For rich people, this is a few weeks of inconvenience. For the less affluent, this is lasting devastation. And no, I don't believe the millions of laid-off workers will all be rehired.

The plan for responding to COVID-19 is primarily being designed by rich people, or government workers with very high income security. The primary victims will be the poor.

In my heart I believe that, in the aggregate, no lives will be saved. We don't have the social safety nets, or social cohesion, necessary to allow for a total shutdown.
Hey you can join #ClubQuarantine with all the celebrities and famous others who will not be affected at all due to the crazy amounts of money they have. They can afford to sit home. They don't have to worry about losing their jobs. Ignorance is Bliss.

RIP Mikey
Old 22 March 2020, 10:23 PM   #3298
chappuy1750

Quote:
Just had it hit pretty close to home, school teacher colleague of my sisters auntie just passed away from it

So sorry.
Old 22 March 2020, 10:25 PM   #3299
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappuy1750 View Post
So sorry.

Caught it from hospital I believe having been visiting

Old 22 March 2020, 10:28 PM   #3300
77T

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:

I think this is what will bring each of us home to sobering news one day. It is inevitable that we will be touched by the “7 degrees of Corona Virus”.

I hope your sister’s aunt (I’m guessing a blended family or that’d be your aunt, too) is handling the grieving. It is harder if she is not able to attend the services.

Loss, and it’s attendant demon, fear of loss, is sweeping our blue marble.

It looks so peaceful from any casual observer in outer space.

I sense turbulence has reached many TRF’ers; frustration levels are elevated as the discussion is becoming a little overheated.

Hope you all are well yourselves, as well as your family, and those in your 7 degrees of CV this Sunday.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Closed Thread