Watch: AP/PP/PAM/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
New Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT

Ti Case

Grey Ceramic Bezel

Movement now has blue bridges to match the blue rubber strap.......very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Although the AP image don’t present the watch very well and just makes it look bulkier than it really is.

MrBigSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 02:37 AM   #33
watchyouc
"TRF" Member

How much do these Concepts cost?
watchyouc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 02:57 AM   #34
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiesh View Post
New Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT

Ti Case

Grey Ceramic Bezel

Movement now has blue bridges to match the blue rubber strap.......very nice

Wow, looks great.

A model that looks like this with the new 4401 integrated chrono movement would be awesome.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 03:20 AM   #35
msm2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchyouc View Post
The black one was 175k CHF ish. Assume this one is in that same range.
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 03:20 AM   #36
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchyouc View Post

$190k

I like the GMT Tourbillon concepts a lot but my biggest pet peeve is how empty the left side of the case is compared to the Concept Tourbillon chrono. Doesn’t seem right on a watch in this range
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 04:55 AM   #37
dauster
"TRF" Member

I prefer the black one compared to this new blue, also the super limited edition rose gold concept is awesome
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 12:27 PM   #38
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Tried the black one and the new special edition 26589TI on Saturday, looks very cool like a batman watch but just way too big for my 6.4' wrist. I reckon at least a 7' to look good in this.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2020, 09:50 PM   #39
edo
"TRF" Member

So they made unique platinum skeleton for horoloupe... not a wise move as they close the door for future platinum skeleton model or they screw the collector making the same model as his unique piece...

edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 04:31 AM   #40
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
So they made unique platinum skeleton for horoloupe... not a wise move as they close the door for future platinum skeleton model or they screw the collector making the same model as his unique piece...

I don't think there is an agreement between collector and AP to never produce anything similar. As a matter of fact he stated that this watch is inspired by a similar platinum model - so don't really see the problem but the watch is amazing.
Old 17 September 2020, 08:08 AM   #41
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I don't think there is an agreement between collector and AP to never produce anything similar. As a matter of fact he stated that this watch is inspired by a similar platinum model - so don't really see the problem but the watch is amazing.
Plus all AP has to do is change a font or hand color and it's a new piece and both AP and Horoloupe win.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:43 AM   #42
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
$190k

I like the GMT Tourbillon concepts a lot but my biggest pet peeve is how empty the left side of the case is compared to the Concept Tourbillon chrono. Doesn’t seem right on a watch in this range
Also doesn't help that the older concept GMTs trade for a significant discount, as I'm sure these will as well. Loosing $50k+ as you walk out of the door is painful.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:08 AM   #43
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

While I have the utmost highest respect for horoloupe, and he absolutely deserves this...

Why can't I pay big $$$ and get a piece unique, as well?

Or can I?

This is something I never thought AP would do given the volume they produce (obviously Kari, and other independents do this, and I've had great success with building some truly unique pieces, but AP is a whole different ballgame)... and given that I'm not an oil prince/baron. :)
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:08 AM   #44
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
Plus all AP has to do is change a font or hand color and it's a new piece and both AP and Horoloupe win.
Agreed. They'd probably change the color of the week hand.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 05:14 PM   #45
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
While I have the utmost highest respect for horoloupe, and he absolutely deserves this...

Or can I?

This is something I never thought AP would do given the volume they produce (obviously Kari, and other independents do this, and I've had great success with building some truly unique pieces, but AP is a whole different ballgame)... and given that I'm not an oil prince/baron. :)
I don’t know how serious you are but maybe @conkers can shine some light on what it takes to get piece unique made by AP- his piece is truly stunning as well.. I assume not everyone can do it even if you have the money...
Old 17 September 2020, 05:16 PM   #46
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
Also doesn't help that the older concept GMTs trade for a significant discount, as I'm sure these will as well. Loosing $50k+ as you walk out of the door is painful.
Don’t jinx my plan... I have still dreams of getting one over the next couple years and the discount would greatly help me.
Old 17 September 2020, 10:03 PM   #47
msm2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
the older generation that you could have bought at a discount from the start...sure. the newer generation GMT Concept is not available that far off retail.
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:34 PM   #48
ATO
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigSmiles View Post
It’s a strange lite blue; will have to see it ITF.

Agree, the real thing is way lighter (not sure if thats the right word to describe) than the picture shown around internet.
ATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 03:03 PM   #49
Reign
"TRF" Member

New Novelties

New Concept is a lot closer to a lighting / royal blue than the renders make it out to be

Southeast Asia Concept, too (20 pieces)

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 04:16 PM   #50
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
New Concept is a lot closer to a lighting / royal blue than the renders make it out to be

Southeast Asia Concept, too (20 pieces)

It’s over for me the south east Asia one looks perfect to me. Mic drop. That rose gold with CE
Old 18 September 2020, 08:36 PM   #51
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Sorry guys it is not really appropriate for me to share the story of my unique piece on a forum. I have a very close relationship with AP and am very respectful of confidentiality. Needless to say it is absolutely not just a case of money and I feel truly honoured that they eventually granted my request. Also as a friend of Horoloupe’s I would please just encourage you to enjoy his creation, which he richly deserves, rather than speculate on the whys and the wherefores and implications for future releases.
Old 19 September 2020, 02:01 PM   #52
Gravity
"TRF" Member

As many here know my distaste for ADs and today only reinforced that view. Had a lunch meeting in BH and thought I'd drop by the boutique since I was literally across the st. they let one guest in a at time now so it was just myself and the sp. I asked about the new concept GMT. To which I got the cold reply "oh we have no idea when we might get them and are only expecting 1-2 a year. I asked what the retail was and got a "around $340k ish, we really don't know exactly yet." I mean what a complete sh_t show. How is it I know more than the sp and other than the LE GMT, I guarantee these will be on the grey market in no time at a good discount as they always are and no tax. For me, their boutiques just hurt the brand. Anyway... Love the blue model but the more actual pictures I am seeing, the more it seems a bit novel and I think I'd enjoy the black or grey more. Amazing piece though.
Old 19 September 2020, 04:39 PM   #53
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As many here know my distaste for ADs and today only reinforced that view. Had a lunch meeting in BH and thought I'd drop by the boutique since I was literally across the st. they let one guest in a at time now so it was just myself and the sp. I asked about the new concept GMT. To which I got the cold reply "oh we have no idea when we might get them and are only expecting 1-2 a year. I asked what the retail was and got a "around $340k ish, we really don't know exactly yet." I mean what a complete sh_t show. How is it I know more than the sp and other than the LE GMT, I guarantee these will be on the grey market in no time at a good discount as they always are and no tax. For me, their boutiques just hurt the brand. Anyway... Love the blue model but the more actual pictures I am seeing, the more it seems a bit novel and I think I'd enjoy the black or grey more. Amazing piece though.
Agreed, it’s just sad that even in the super high end level luxury market there are such random SP - happens all the time in clothing too... I would assume unless you have a great relationship you are not going to get a piece anyway - I’m sure Kevin hart and John Mayer come before you :)

If I could I’d go RG limited edition but black is beautiful fo sure goes well with Miami blue bracelet that love so dearly.
Old 19 September 2020, 08:09 PM   #54
edo
"TRF" Member

Many times WIS people and enthusiasts of all sort of hobbies can be delusional and get trapped that industry people share same passion and knowledge like they do... in real world there is cases like our fellow member conkers one, when real collectors get the opportunity to have something special, but there is many more you get something because you know right people, or have nice face and tits or whatever CEOs preferences are ....
Old 20 September 2020, 03:07 AM   #55
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Many times WIS people and enthusiasts of all sort of hobbies can be delusional and get trapped that industry people share same passion and knowledge like they do... in real world there is cases like our fellow member conkers one, when real collectors get the opportunity to have something special, but there is many more you get something because you know right people, or have nice face and tits or whatever CEOs preferences are ....
You might have a point but SP should at least know price and release date of new watches that are coming out. It’s not like I expect them to tell me the exact history of AP and historical differences in movements.
Old 21 September 2020, 01:12 AM   #56
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
You might have a point but SP should at least know price and release date of new watches that are coming out. It’s not like I expect them to tell me the exact history of AP and historical differences in movements.
Of course, I'm with you on that, but it is not always SP fault... look at Omega Snoopy, it is 10 days to official release, people are even paying deposits and still noone know final price, how it looks, final production numbers and when they will receive it...
Old 21 September 2020, 06:23 AM   #57
Gravity
"TRF" Member

After thinkijng further, the SP probably thought I was talking about the concept chrono which is around thre quoted 340k, even though I said the new concept GMTs. Could be possible they didn't even know about it yet, which is still pathetic. Either way, just a nightmare customer experience. In contrast, have had just the opposite experiences the boutiques in London and Paris. Very knowledgeable and loved to just chat and even bring some gems out form the back, even though they weren't "available".
Old 21 September 2020, 06:46 AM   #58
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
After thinkijng further, the SP probably thought I was talking about the concept chrono which is around thre quoted 340k, even though I said the new concept GMTs. Could be possible they didn't even know about it yet, which is still pathetic. Either way, just a nightmare customer experience. In contrast, have had just the opposite experiences the boutiques in London and Paris. Very knowledgeable and loved to just chat and even bring some gems out form the back, even though they weren't "available".
I think it's always important to add the Westime caveat for boutique criticism.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 05:24 PM   #59
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I think it's always important to add the Westime caveat for boutique criticism.
Lol unfortunately yes... but I gotta say while my SP at westime has nothing exciting available she is pretty knowledgeable and informed
Old 21 September 2020, 08:22 PM   #60
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Or can I?

I uh.... think it’s $$$$$$$$ not $$$. Then it’s all possible. Or at least I hope so! Lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote