The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2020, 12:27 PM   #61
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Today I checked with my AD, they don’t have a price or internal numbers for the Snoopy yet. So he cannot even take a deposit.
This will be a OB game, probably until Oct 5th.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 12:58 PM   #62
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
A friend of mine with no purchase history was able to put a deposit down on the watch. He was not able to put his deposit before me but he’s in.
Geee... they only have 5000 pcs right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
sfbatman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 01:41 PM   #63
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbatman007 View Post
Geee... they only have 5000 pcs right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

From everything I’ve heard this one is not a limited edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 04:40 PM   #64
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
The boutique where I made my deposit said the only thing they know for sure is that it will be limited to 5000 pieces. They seemed quite sure on that and nothing else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 12:28 AM   #65
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
The boutique where I made my deposit said the only thing they know for sure is that it will be limited to 5000 pieces. They seemed quite sure on that and nothing else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Interesting.
I was assured that during the watch presentation to the boutique Directors, Omega made it clear that there is no limited number at the moment.
There is only the limited rate of production so far.
My contact at Omega put this officially in written on a email as well.
Who knows why they are giving different information to different customers.
Old 21 September 2020, 02:01 AM   #66
Saskatchewatch1
"TRF" Member

Watch: MK1 BLRO & LV
Only confirmation I got from Omega Canada was there is going to be release in October, no information on number or any other details. Just advised once released then contact your authorized dealer. Lots of misinformation out there I believe. Just wait until the release date, if you like the watch then get in touch with AD.
Saskatchewatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 03:09 AM   #67
Phooi
"TRF" Member

The truth will be known on 10/5.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 03:13 AM   #68
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
Can anyone point me in the right direction. Is it just a 50th anniversary snoopy which is due out soon?

I heard that the traditional Speedmaster would be updated with the coaxial movement and a possible ceramic bezel? Am i totally wide of the mark with this?

I know there is a 41mm ceramic bezel Constellation Manhattan confirmed which is imminent but I can't find anything out about the speedy.

Is it just the 50th anniversary snoopy which will get the coaxial movement?

Help please!!!
Old 21 September 2020, 05:37 AM   #69
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction. Is it just a 50th anniversary snoopy which is due out soon?

I heard that the traditional Speedmaster would be updated with the coaxial movement and a possible ceramic bezel? Am i totally wide of the mark with this?

I know there is a 41mm ceramic bezel Constellation Manhattan confirmed which is imminent but I can't find anything out about the speedy.

Is it just the 50th anniversary snoopy which will get the coaxial movement?

Help please!!!
This thread is only discussing the release of the 50th anniversary silver snoopy. No one knows if there will be other releases or what that may entail. Also, it is unclear whether it will be an anniversary edition since it looks more and more like it will be a limited production piece.

There is NO NEWS on what the snoopy will be. Everything you’re reading is pure speculation unless someone wants to drop a major watch news bomb on a forum. This is unlikely since it is worth serious $$ in media revenue.
Old 21 September 2020, 05:52 AM   #70
Schnaps
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 126600
Strange, spoke to my AD and it wont be limited at all
Schnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 06:33 AM   #71
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This thread is only discussing the release of the 50th anniversary silver snoopy. No one knows if there will be other releases or what that may entail. Also, it is unclear whether it will be an anniversary edition since it looks more and more like it will be a limited production piece.

There is NO NEWS on what the snoopy will be. Everything you’re reading is pure speculation unless someone wants to drop a major watch news bomb on a forum. This is unlikely since it is worth serious $$ in media revenue.
Thank you for being so helpful

My questions was semi-related as i'm asking about the new speedmaster movement. Sorry if you didn't feel it appropriate but frankly I don't care, just don't answer instead of being a troll.

The Constellation is not speculation, it is 100% confirmed via Omega. I can tell you it will entail a 41mm case and a ceramic bezel. So everything i'm reading is not pure speculation but thanks for the advice all the same. Do your homework before you troll me.

My question was related to the snoopy as I asked about the movement, really no need to be so rude.
Old 21 September 2020, 06:52 AM   #72
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My questions was semi-related as i'm asking about the new speedmaster movement. Sorry if you didn't feel it appropriate but frankly I don't care, just don't answer instead of being a troll.

The Constellation is not speculation, it is 100% confirmed via Omega. I can tell you it will entail a 41mm case and a ceramic bezel. So everything i'm reading is not pure speculation but thanks for the advice all the same. Do your homework before you troll me.

My question was related to the snoopy as I asked about the movement, really no need to be so rude.
I don't think he was being rude but to answer some of your questions about the Speedmaster.

October 5, Omega will announce the 50th anniversary Snoopy Speedmaster. Omega Boutiques in the USA are now taking $5000 deposits. This is confirmed.

Everything else I'm saying is purely rumor at the moment. It will most likely have the new 3861 movement which is the same one found in the A11 50A that was released last year. It will be limited either as a LE or limited production. It may contain some gold in it similar to the A11 and will be priced under $10,000 USD.

There is also a rumor that the current generation standard Speedmaster with the 1861 movement will be phased out and replaced with the 3861 movement. There has been no announcement from Omega on if and when this will happen or what other updates will be included. Only rumors from people trying to get the watch from AD's and AD's telling them that it's unavailable at the moment.
Old 21 September 2020, 08:18 AM   #73
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think he was being rude but to answer some of your questions about the Speedmaster.

October 5, Omega will announce the 50th anniversary Snoopy Speedmaster. Omega Boutiques in the USA are now taking $5000 deposits. This is confirmed.

Everything else I'm saying is purely rumor at the moment. It will most likely have the new 3861 movement which is the same one found in the A11 50A that was released last year. It will be limited either as a LE or limited production. It may contain some gold in it similar to the A11 and will be priced under $10,000 USD.

There is also a rumor that the current generation standard Speedmaster with the 1861 movement will be phased out and replaced with the 3861 movement. There has been no announcement from Omega on if and when this will happen or what other updates will be included. Only rumors from people trying to get the watch from AD's and AD's telling them that it's unavailable at the moment.
Thank you Texas, that was very helpful, i very much appreciate your post.

Telling someone the thread is only about the Snoopy 50th anniversary and implying my post was not welcome I took as a rude comment.

Either way it's all good, hopefully I didn't derail the thread too much. Thanks again
Old 21 September 2020, 09:20 AM   #74
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I don’t think I was being rude. That was not my intention. The title of this thread was about deposits on the 50th anniversary snoopy and I addressed the questions you asked.

Since this was a snoopy thread, I was pointing out that people were not speculating on other releases. As for whether Omega plans to make movement or material changes, everything regarding the snoopy is all speculation. We will find out when they make their announcement on 10/5.
Old 21 September 2020, 09:52 AM   #75
Oatmeal123
"TRF" Member

You're blowing up all the threads Phooi haha :) Glad to see everyone so excited! Hoping everyone gets a chance to get one and there enough to go around. Cheers!
Oatmeal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:15 AM   #76
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
10/5 should be just that, fun.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2020, 10:23 AM   #77
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal123 View Post
You're blowing up all the threads Phooi haha :) Glad to see everyone so excited! Hoping everyone gets a chance to get one and there enough to go around. Cheers!
Hahaha. Just excited about the release and wanted to share my experience of being contacted and putting a deposit down on the watch.

I have a good rapport with my OB and have gotten to know most of the staff there. Some of them have never seen the 45th snoopy so I’m happy to bring mine in so they can check it out. Also, they are watch enthusiasts so we chat about other watches besides Omega. Overall, they are a great group.
Old 21 September 2020, 10:57 AM   #78
Oatmeal123
"TRF" Member

For sure Phooi! We are all excited!! I can’t help but notice in this thread you are talking about your deposit and relationship with OB, which is great! Congrats! But in the others you are discussing your relationship with your AD you get rolexes from, and your confidence they will get you one. Sounds like you’re placing 2 deposits. You may want to be careful with that - I think corporate will try to definitely crack down on this and flippers. I personally think that is really fair of them and helps keep this a fun experience for everyone :) Very exciting though and hope everyone who wants one can get one and have fun wearing it! :)
Old 21 September 2020, 12:42 PM   #79
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For sure Phooi! We are all excited!! I can’t help but notice in this thread you are talking about your deposit and relationship with OB, which is great! Congrats! But in the others you are discussing your relationship with your AD you get rolexes from, and your confidence they will get you one. Sounds like you’re placing 2 deposits. You may want to be careful with that - I think corporate will try to definitely crack down on this and flippers. I personally think that is really fair of them and helps keep this a fun experience for everyone :) Very exciting though and hope everyone who wants one can get one and have fun wearing it! :)
I appreciate the warning. I haven’t sold any of my pieces. I buy to hold and the ADs and the OB I work with know that I am not a flipper. Also, my AD does not carry Omega so I’m not taking anything away from them. I respect their businesses and always give them the first shot. I am on a waitlist for a Daytona as well as have a deposit down the Snoopy. I plan on buying both watches. In fact, they both know that.

I’ll add that I only share what I know/experience should the relevant brand question come up.
Old 21 September 2020, 12:49 PM   #80
Oatmeal123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I appreciate the warning. I haven’t sold any of my pieces. I buy to hold and the ADs and the OB I work with know that I am not a flipper. Also, my AD does not carry Omega so I’m not taking anything away from them. I respect their businesses and always give them the first shot. I am on a waitlist for a Daytona as well as have a deposit down the Snoopy. I plan on buying both watches. In fact, they both know that.
Sorry, I misunderstood! I thought you were saying in the thread that you were confident your AD would also deliver a snoopy :) I see it is a Rolex. Sorry! My fault - I misunderstood. Congrats on the good relationships and hope you get both and have a blast!
Old 21 September 2020, 12:57 PM   #81
Oatmeal123
"TRF" Member

Old 21 September 2020, 01:10 PM   #82
Oatmeal123
"TRF" Member

Old 21 September 2020, 02:42 PM   #83
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood! I thought you were saying in the thread that you were confident your AD would also deliver a snoopy :) I see it is a Rolex. Sorry! My fault - I misunderstood. Congrats on the good relationships and hope you get both and have a blast!
No worries! I’m happy to clarify.
Old 21 September 2020, 10:45 PM   #84
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Many of the “rumors” your are listing have been officially confirmed by different Omega boutiques multiple times. So they shouldn’t be rumors anymore!
3861: confirmed officially and in written
Limited production, not LE: confirmed officially and in written
Below 10K: confirmed and in written

These points are set for good. No speculation here IMO.
Unless omega people have zero credibility and they are just “officially spreading rumors”. If this is the message you got from your boutique please let me know, because I’m gonna give a call to my SAs at Omega, and tell them they are not professional and have zero credibility.
Old 22 September 2020, 01:53 AM   #85
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Many of the “rumors” your are listing have been officially confirmed by different Omega boutiques multiple times. So they shouldn’t be rumors anymore!
3861: confirmed officially and in written
Limited production, not LE: confirmed officially and in written
Below 10K: confirmed and in written

These points are set for good. No speculation here IMO.
Unless omega people have zero credibility and they are just “officially spreading rumors”. If this is the message you got from your boutique please let me know, because I’m gonna give a call to my SAs at Omega, and tell them they are not professional and have zero credibility.
My boutique confirmed that it would be 5000 pieces which is the opposite of what everyone here is saying so until Omega announces something to the public it's still a rumor. I'm not saying the points listed aren't correct, I'm just saying no one knows yet officially outside of Omega. I'm assuming no one has actually seen the actual confirmation from Omega at this point. That's why I'm still considering it a rumor until an announcement is made.
Old 22 September 2020, 02:23 AM   #86
DanishDynamite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My boutique confirmed that it would be 5000 pieces which is the opposite of what everyone here is saying so until Omega announces something to the public it's still a rumor. I'm not saying the points listed aren't correct, I'm just saying no one knows yet officially outside of Omega. I'm assuming no one has actually seen the actual confirmation from Omega at this point. That's why I'm still considering it a rumor until an announcement is made.
I just got off the phone while placing my deposit and I was told it was a limited production run, but not a numbered limited edition.

It was unclear whether it would be like the 007 Seamaster (which isn't limited), but it would not be a permanent fixture in their line-up.

On another note... Big thanks to this forum or I would have not heard about the deposits! Was told I would be getting the watch by Q1 2021 and with the deposit made I would be guaranteed a piece.
DanishDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 03:17 AM   #87
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gotcha, thanks. Wow, they are really inconsistent with information.
The point that associates and director are giving to me as set is stone is that there is no number.
At this point whatever will be will be.

Minus 14... on this we can all agree!
It better be an amazing watch, or the disappointment will be up to the roof
Old 22 September 2020, 04:19 AM   #88
texasmade
"TRF" Member

I'm hoping you're right that there is no number. Everyone that wants one will get one eventually without paying some ridiculous grey market premium.
Old 22 September 2020, 04:42 AM   #89
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm hoping you're right that there is no number. Everyone that wants one will get one eventually without paying some ridiculous grey market premium.
Well actually on this topic I had an extensive discussion with the Omega guys.
They expect that the reference will have a gray premium indeed, especially given the extremely slow production rate.
Essentially they think it will be very challenging to see one of the new Snoopy out in the wild. All the pieces available will be placed to the customers on the list. Then they are working to create a market similar to a steel Daytona.
Or at least this is what Omega is trying to create.
If it works this way, with an official waiting list of 3-4 years and an additional boutique's list of interest to get on the official waiting list... you will have a premium price and that will be related to the old rule of demand and offer.
We will see if that is true or not.

Keeping a balance will be the right thing.
I don't think they will flood the market. It will totally defeat what they are doing by not doing a LE.
47th street in NYC is exploding with Batmans that nobody is actually buying, but they are still holding the value, for now.
I hope Omega will not go completely this way.
Old 22 September 2020, 04:50 AM   #90
DanishDynamite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your best bet is to just call one and ask. If you’re worried, pick one where you will definitely not visit. In general, Omega boutiques will ship watches since they are not located everywhere.
I got confirmed they will ship these today. I live 5 hours drive away and asked up front and was told it would be no problem.

We did the deposit over the phone as well.
DanishDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote