The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 October 2020, 09:00 AM   #391
FriendlyTotodial
"TRF" Member

OB contacted me early sept for deposit but had already added me to list without my knowledge months before. At the time I was 20ish of 50ish. I’ve since been added to the top ten after someone dropped out and I increased my deposit.
FriendlyTotodial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 09:40 AM   #392
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I'm in on the action as well. It will be my first Omega, really pumped.
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 09:54 AM   #393
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg18 View Post
I'm in on the action as well. It will be my first Omega, really pumped.
Same here, It's my first new Omega.

Just a refreshing buying experience, I forgot what it's like to not play dealer games and get straight forward answers.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 10:35 AM   #394
mg18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Same here, It's my first new Omega.

Just a refreshing buying experience, I forgot what it's like to not play dealer games and get straight forward answers.

I'm with you on that. One of the best experiences I've had in a while. Now let's hope I wasn't fed an empty promise regarding delivery of this thing lol.
Old 16 October 2020, 10:53 AM   #395
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg18 View Post
I'm with you on that. One of the best experiences I've had in a while. Now let's hope I wasn't fed an empty promise regarding delivery of this thing lol.
You'll get the watch, it'll just take time.

I'm totally fine with waiting for a watch, whatever it may be 6 months.... a year....

Rolex makes you wait with no guarantee, I ask Rolex ADs to be upfront with me when I inquire about a watch. And they dance around my questions everytime.

Omega was upfront with me and super excited for me that I got to secure one. Felt good that my money was welcome.

Old 16 October 2020, 11:12 AM   #396
mg18
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm totally fine with waiting for a watch, whatever it may be 6 months.... a year....

Rolex makes you wait with no guarantee, I ask Rolex ADs to be upfront with me when I inquire about a watch. And they dance around my questions everytime.

Omega was upfront with me and super excited for me that I got to secure one. Felt good that my money was welcome.

Exactly, 6 months is a drop in the bucket when waiting for a BLRO that will probably never come lol.
Old 16 October 2020, 12:56 PM   #397
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:

I would personally prefer to keep my money - especially with this market - if I am not getting a watch for, as you note, potentially 6 months to a year. Much as Rolex has been criticized for making people feel “lucky” to spend money, Omega making people feel similarly “lucky” to put down a pay-in-near-full to full deposit while not being guaranteed a watch for months on end, if not longer, is.....something.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:34 PM   #398
Benjamin108
"TRF" Member

I am done with Rolex. They treat their customers like crap. None of the desirable models are available at retail price and the second hand prices are outrageous. My local Rolex AD actually hung up on me when I called to inquire about a new model. Who cares if the new model Rolex's are great if you can't get them and you are treated like a sub-human for daring to even ask.
The Omega Boutique was the exact opposite, they were polite and respectful. Not only was it possible to order a new Omega at retail price, the Omega Boutique was happy to do all the transactions over the phone and email so I didn't even have to drive into town to make the deposit.
Then there is the watch itself - amazing. I love the colour blue, snoopy, NASA and Omega Speedmasters. To have all this in one watch, with the new co-axial master chronometer movement is a dream come true.
Benjamin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:36 PM   #399
Beto737
"TRF" Member

My local OB told me that they are no longer taking names nor deposits. The list is full. I’ll only get an opportunity if someone drops out.

My local Vacheron AD can’t get me an overseas dual time. My Rolex AD can’t get me anything for the next decade. They usually come through, albeit at a snail’s pace.

So what gives? Nobody has anything I want. Anybody know if Gshock has a waiting list?
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 01:53 PM   #400
mg18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSomrak View Post
I would personally prefer to keep my money - especially with this market - if I am not getting a watch for, as you note, potentially 6 months to a year. Much as Rolex has been criticized for making people feel “lucky” to spend money, Omega making people feel similarly “lucky” to put down a pay-in-near-full to full deposit while not being guaranteed a watch for months on end, if not longer, is.....something.
I agree. I'd never put down a "near full" deposit. Mine was 30% and refundable, but I was told 3-5 months most likely.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:07 PM   #401
NYUofA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmaven20 View Post
I did not think ADs will be getting this reference, only Omega Boutiques.

Maybe you are referring to your local OB, as the AD in your post.
No, local AD. I got an update, OB getting it first. But the AD said when they can order it, I’m the only one getting one. Who the f knows what this means, but I’ll wait it out with some skin in the game
NYUofA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:56 PM   #402
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto737 View Post
My local OB told me that they are no longer taking names nor deposits. The list is full. I’ll only get an opportunity if someone drops out.

My local Vacheron AD can’t get me an overseas dual time. My Rolex AD can’t get me anything for the next decade. They usually come through, albeit at a snail’s pace.

So what gives? Nobody has anything I want. Anybody know if Gshock has a waiting list?
Sadly yes if you’re trying to buy a casioak.
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 08:04 PM   #403
foreignexport
"TRF" Member

OB took a 20% deposit from me yesterday- no estimate of delivery time
foreignexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 12:04 AM   #404
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto737 View Post

To be fair, if you asked about this watch before the release (and everyone who cared knew it was coming on Oct 5) you could’ve put down a deposit. You probably could’ve put down a deposit even on the day of release, as deposits were closed the day after.

I think Omega did it right with this; any super fan you would be able to get one, even if you never had any history with an OB or even purchased and Omega. But if you’re too late, then either you have to wait a long time or you’re just SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 02:36 AM   #405
Beto737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
To be fair, if you asked about this watch before the release (and everyone who cared knew it was coming on Oct 5) you could’ve put down a deposit. You probably could’ve put down a deposit even on the day of release, as deposits were closed the day after.

I think Omega did it right with this; any super fan you would be able to get one, even if you never had any history with an OB or even purchased and Omega. But if you’re too late, then either you have to wait a long time or you’re just SOL.

You’re correct, I waited a little too long to inquire about it. In the past I’ve been disappointed with their releases for various reasons. Either the look or fit of the piece, or, as was the case with the 321, the price.

This release was in line with what I expected. The piece is beautiful and the price is fair. It should be a hit for Omega. And, even if I cannot get my hands on one, I’m very happy to see Omega come out with a watch that most people can wear. There are a lot of Rolex buyers that are yearning for an alternative. This wonderful rendering provides that for Omega.
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 04:41 AM   #406
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Contacted 2 different OB today. Left my contact information with both. Was told no deposit and that the wait time will be 12-24 months. As long as I will eventually get the call, I really don't have a problem with the wait time as I'm not ready to buy it right now.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 08:58 AM   #407
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Contacted 2 different OB today. Left my contact information with both. Was told no deposit and that the wait time will be 12-24 months. As long as I will eventually get the call, I really don't have a problem with the wait time as I'm not ready to buy it right now.
You'll get the call eventually, this piece won't be as rare as people think. With patience people will get a piece.

Old 18 October 2020, 03:03 AM   #408
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

I was at my AD yesterday for non-snoopy related reasons, and snoopy somehow got brought up in conversation between my SA and me. Take this for what you will... He had just spoken to his Omega rep yesterday, and the rep estimated around 8,000 snoopy's will be made next year, with the US allocation being around 1,000. For his territory (midwest but not sure how large), he was expecting 8 total.

To me, then, it definitely seems like this will be more of a boutique piece than something you'll find at an AD. This particular AD is expecting 2, both are pre-sold, and they're not expecting delivery until 2021.

Again, just a conversation between me and my guy while sizing a bracelet I had bought. I didn't express any interest in getting the snoopy from him since I signed up on Omega's website.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 04:28 AM   #409
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I was at my AD yesterday for non-snoopy related reasons, and snoopy somehow got brought up in conversation between my SA and me. Take this for what you will... He had just spoken to his Omega rep yesterday, and the rep estimated around 8,000 snoopy's will be made next year, with the US allocation being around 1,000. For his territory (midwest but not sure how large), he was expecting 8 total.

To me, then, it definitely seems like this will be more of a boutique piece than something you'll find at an AD. This particular AD is expecting 2, both are pre-sold, and they're not expecting delivery until 2021.

Again, just a conversation between me and my guy while sizing a bracelet I had bought. I didn't express any interest in getting the snoopy from him since I signed up on Omega's website.

Interesting. I remember a post where someone went through Omega’s website and counted all the OB in the US. Around 30 or so. Most people have been saying their OBs have around 30-50 deposits in for the Snoopy 50, so was guessing around 1,200 total for the US. The ~1000 for the US seems like another validating point for this in terms of worldwide allocation, as we also heard OBs stopped taking deposits so probably because Omega hit the total allocated amount for the US.

Also United States is around 15% of the worldwide watch market, so the 8000 worldwide production seems like a decent estimate. I would think we’d get more allocation in the US though since the demand would be a bit higher here given the US historical significant of Apollo 13.

So maybe peg US allocation closer to 25% of worldwide? Puts worldwide production at 5k.

Old 18 October 2020, 05:27 AM   #410
Dietzster
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them, lol.
Love the new snoopy!
Dietzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 11:01 AM   #411
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post

My local AD is getting 2 and both are pre-sold.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 11:08 AM   #412
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Anyone figure out how some folks seem to be claiming on FB groups that they got a discount on this watch?!

I want to say it is bs but heck just checking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 11:10 AM   #413
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post

The thing that makes me shake my head are people saying "i will just wait and pick it up next year probably at a discount"
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 12:24 PM   #414
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
Anyone figure out how some folks seem to be claiming on FB groups that they got a discount on this watch?!

I want to say it is bs but heck just checking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s fake.

Almost all OBs won’t even discount on a regular Speedmaster. But they’re going to discount on the Snoopy 50 which they won’t even take deposits for anymore, and by the way are asking people to put full deposits?

Old 18 October 2020, 01:29 PM   #415
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Omega's ADs sure are loving that interest free loan from their punters right now. Calling it right now, you are gonna see a lot of deposit refunds by the end of next year from greedy ADs who took more orders/deposits than they could chew.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 02:02 PM   #416
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah but... Watches are NOT investments. Whatever. To each their own.

It's just sad it's coming to this because it keeps watches from getting into hands of people who would wear them and enjoy them. Terrible. This is the #1 reason why I've given up on Rolex.
Sorry to say, but it's going to get "worse".

The investment angle has permeated every hobby that involves acquisition and ownership of things.

This debate has been raging for years in coins, sports cards and related, art, automobiles...even sneakers, so it's just watches are getting a big focus now.

In fact, as the prices for art and cars continue to go up up and away, those speculators will be turning to watches as they are relative bargains, so their money will be shifting to this hobby in droves.

As with the other affected hobbies, we can either accept that side of the hobby or move on and out...but it's here to stay I'm afraid.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 06:17 AM   #417
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You'll get the call eventually, this piece won't be as rare as people think. With patience people will get a piece.

Old 19 October 2020, 06:19 AM   #418
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Sorry to say, but it's going to get "worse".

The investment angle has permeated every hobby that involves acquisition and ownership of things.

This debate has been raging for years in coins, sports cards and related, art, automobiles...even sneakers, so it's just watches are getting a big focus now.

In fact, as the prices for art and cars continue to go up up and away, those speculators will be turning to watches as they are relative bargains, so their money will be shifting to this hobby in droves.

As with the other affected hobbies, we can either accept that side of the hobby or move on and out...but it's here to stay I'm afraid.
Oh I know Fleetlord... I know. But like I've been saying on other threads: Time to buy other makes like Omega, Breitling, Zenith & IWC. For the most part this phenomenum is tied mostly to Rolex. Hopefully not to the Snoopy-50.
Old 19 October 2020, 08:58 AM   #419
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
For the most part this phenomenum is tied mostly to Rolex. Hopefully not to the Snoopy-50.
Not only do I think the Snoopy-50 will have a massive markup because of limited production, I don’t think Omega will be sad one bit when that happens. Same as with the 321s.

Just my two cents.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 09:40 AM   #420
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Not only do I think the Snoopy-50 will have a massive markup because of limited production, I don’t think Omega will be sad one bit when that happens. Same as with the 321s.

Just my two cents.
Absolutely agree Omega are moving away from the LE format and toward undisclosed LP which is the Rolex model and much more exclusive, something Omega have striven to match Rolex in terms of appeal
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote