The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 14 March 2021, 11:18 AM   #901
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
901 posts! Just keeping this rolling forward in support and hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 March 2021, 11:33 AM   #902
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee View Post
Thank you for confirming he didn’t do any work. That’s awful. I’m sorry for all you’ve gone through. I look forward to seeing updates once it goes out to Ridley or whomever.

Imagine how gratifying it will be to have the finished product on your wrist! I bet your stepfather is proud you’re carrying on a bit of his legacy through the watch!
Thank you, thats been the plan from day one.
Old 14 March 2021, 12:10 PM   #903
Filipão
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Gents, I've kept my mouth shut most of the time.

My guess is we don't have a clue if the Watchmaker is reading all this and some retaliation might harm Glenn.

Just give it a thought.

Or two.
Old 14 March 2021, 04:54 PM   #904
narembeen
Banned

Ok - I have been promised photos tomorrow and the watch returned serviced Wednesday week.
Old 14 March 2021, 05:21 PM   #905
alwayshere
"TRF" Member

hope you get the watch back.
Old 14 March 2021, 05:23 PM   #906
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
hope you get the watch back.
There was never a doubt from my side I just wont give away too many details as I do not think its fair to the watch maker involved.

Anyhow, that is what he just told me. Lets wait and see.
Old 14 March 2021, 05:55 PM   #907
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by narembeen View Post
There was never a doubt from my side I just wont give away too many details as I do not think its fair to the watch maker involved.

Anyhow, that is what he just told me. Lets wait and see.
Rooting for ya..and a happy outcome!

' A Crown for every achievement '
Old 14 March 2021, 06:17 PM   #908
Black_5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am only responding to questions. Recently I did post some updates which I was relaying from my watch maker. These turned out to be complete fiction, so I have refrained recently from doing that.

You mentioned other forums? I have only got a thread in watchuseek. Whats the problem? I have been extremely civil there also, despite the same comments about my hands and how bad the dial job Michael Young did. Water off a ducks back.
You don't get banned for being civil...

SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...
Old 14 March 2021, 06:34 PM   #909
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_5 View Post
You don't get banned for being civil...

I can assure you my account on watchuseek is very much active. They simply closed my first thread because they demanded proof I possesed the watch which I didnt produce in time.

The trolls have been out in full force this weekend...
Old 14 March 2021, 06:49 PM   #910
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
Quote:
Ok - I have been promised photos tomorrow and the watch returned serviced Wednesday week.
Whaaaat!
I don’t know what to think anymore. One moment the watch is returned unserviced, the next moment is ready to be delivered.

Really, I hope you get the watch back soon, serviced or unserviced. From the outside, something is fishy, no matter how positive one wants to remain.
Old 14 March 2021, 07:12 PM   #911
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipão View Post
Gents, I've kept my mouth shut most of the time.

My guess is we don't have a clue if the Watchmaker is reading all this and some retaliation might harm Glenn.

Just give it a thought.

Or two.
Old 14 March 2021, 08:02 PM   #912
sliq
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 114270
Hi Nareembeen,

Hello, from the eastern coast of Australia! Bloody hell mate, you've been getting the run around. If you need a watch repairer on the movement, Joao Santos in Enmore or Max Sweitzer in Sydney are great with vintage movements. Good luck and keep us posted.

Michael
Old 14 March 2021, 08:05 PM   #913
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post
Hi Nareembeen,

Hello, from the eastern coast of Australia! Bloody hell mate, you've been getting the run around. If you need a watch repairer on the movement, Joao Santos in Enmore or Max Sweitzer in Sydney are great with vintage movements. Good luck and keep us posted.

Michael
Well hey, cheers mate. Lets hope its delivered in a serviced state, if so I may not need anyone. I will make a note of those recomendations for next time though. Cheers
Old 14 March 2021, 10:23 PM   #914
Black_5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can assure you my account on watchuseek is very much active. They simply closed my first thread because they demanded proof I possesed the watch which I didnt produce in time.

Sure.

But you have been banned.

How about you come clean and tell these folks what really happened...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg narembeen_banned.jpg (50.4 KB, 317 views)
Old 14 March 2021, 10:29 PM   #915
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Sure.

But you have been banned.

How about you come clean and tell these folks what really happened...
Come clean? This was covered months ago. The guys over at watchuseek are like you, a pack of trolls.

Take my thread over there for example (again we covered this....), it lasted a few days because everyone thought it was a fake listing and I didnt actually possess the watch.

I gave up on that forum and I checked a while later to see my thread had been closed. I contacted a mod to enquire as to why this had happened and I was banned. I was banned for 24 hours? Whats the big deal and why would you take a screenshot of that and hold onto it for six months? Seems really weird.

You have contributed to this thread three times (Anyone can check) and each time they have been attacks like these. Whats your problem Black5?
Old 14 March 2021, 10:30 PM   #916
narembeen
Banned

Honestly, the trolls have really come out this weekend. Its been absolutely a master class.
Old 14 March 2021, 10:38 PM   #917
narembeen
Banned

So Black5, watchuseek - my first attempt to start a thread lasted 11 hours before some mod called Jason closed it because he thought it was a sales thread.

I asked him why and apparently its a no no to speak to mods there, so I am banned for a day. I am very much on there now and I started my thread again.

The funny thing is, my thread on watchuseek regarding this very same watch is dead. There have been I think a dozen negative comments about the dial and just other really toxic garbage. The main take away it is that it is indeed dead. Three pages and nothing.

Says a lot about you guys doesnt it? Compare that to the wonderful guys here at the Rolex Forums.

Listen, why dont you scurry back over to watchuseek and just stay there?

We want to keep this thread nice and positive and your constant attempts to attack me are just sad.
Old 14 March 2021, 11:05 PM   #918
Black_5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So Black5, watchuseek - my first attempt to start a thread lasted 11 hours before some mod called Jason closed it because he thought it was a sales thread.

I asked him why and apparently its a no no to speak to mods there, so I am banned for a day. I am very much on there now and I started my thread again.

The funny thing is, my thread on watchuseek regarding this very same watch is dead. There have been I think a dozen negative comments about the dial and just other really toxic garbage. The main take away it is that it is indeed dead. Three pages and nothing.

Says a lot about you guys doesnt it? Compare that to the wonderful guys here at the Rolex Forums.

Listen, why dont you scurry back over to watchuseek and just stay there?

We want to keep this thread nice and positive and your constant attempts to attack me are just sad.
My only comments on this thread are in response to your innacurate claims about what went on at WUS.

If you bothered to check, you'll see that I actually defended you over there.

As you know very well, a thread and a large number of posts were deleted, and there were PM exchanges that contributed to your banning.

I truly wish you well with your step-father's watch, but there's no need for you to gripe about WUS here when your issues there were mostly self-inflicted...

Old 14 March 2021, 11:16 PM   #919
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
My only comments on this thread are in response to your innacurate claims about what went on at WUS.

If you bothered to check, you'll see that I actually defended you over there.

As you know very well, a thread and a large number of posts were deleted, and there were PM exchanges that contributed to your banning.

I truly wish you well with your step-father's watch, but there's no need for you to gripe about WUS here when your issues there were mostly self-inflicted...

Rubbish, I was attacked over there and gave up on watchuseek altogether. Its a terrible forum. As for you, you've done nothing but attack me here over some random incident six months ago. This includes screenshots you have taken and held onto. Very weird behaviour mate.
Old 14 March 2021, 11:30 PM   #920
v1triol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Honestly, the trolls have really come out this weekend. Its been absolutely a master class.
Yep. Mucho backgound noise and internet schizophrenia here lately. Just ignore them.
Good luck with getting your watch back and in the further restoration
Old 15 March 2021, 01:23 AM   #921
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am only responding to questions. Recently I did post some updates which I was relaying from my watch maker. These turned out to be complete fiction, so I have refrained recently from doing that.

You mentioned other forums? I have only got a thread in watchuseek. Whats the problem? I have been extremely civil there also, despite the same comments about my hands and how bad the dial job Michael Young did. Water off a ducks back.
These are both blatant lies. (1) You keep pumping the thread with fake "updates" every time it slows down. (2) You were also banned on Omegaforums for your behavior. Your @narembeen account and your other fake persona. Some of your posts over there were pretty eye-opening.

Quote:

Another lie. Your account at WUS was completely shut down for some time. A suspension. Many of us were well aware of it and remember the posts that were deleted. The real you came out, and your behavior is not forgotten, despite your efforts to reinvent yourself as a "poor woe is me" sympathetic character on this forum.

Others can choose to believe you and sympathize with you if they want, but most of us know who the real troll is. I guess you like the attention. It's incredibly ironic to see so many experienced members completely taken in and fawning over you, especially given that the watch itself isn't particularly interesting to anyone. Just looking at this thread, you're pretty good at what you do, but you exposed yourself elsewhere.
Old 15 March 2021, 01:29 AM   #922
MrChamfers
Banned

Watch: ing Warriors ball
Good lord. I don't want this to be the case of one of the saddest displays of attention seeking ever.
Still hoping...
Old 15 March 2021, 01:39 AM   #923
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
These are both blatant lies. (1) You keep pumping the thread with fake "updates" every time it slows down. (2) You were also banned on Omegaforums for your behavior. Your @narembeen account and your other fake persona.

Another lie. Your account at WUS was completely shut down for some time. A suspension. Many of us were well aware of it and remember the posts that were deleted. The real you came out, and your behavior is not forgotten, despite your efforts to reinvent yourself as a "poor woe is me" sympathetic character on this forum.

Others can choose to believe you and sympathize with you if they want, but most of us know who the real troll is.

Keep pumping this thread Narembeen! We believe and hope! Plus it’s great reading during Covid — Your good natured responses always welcome here. And if it all turns out fake, I’m still loving it! [I note that Narembeen declined my troll bait of $50; the toll home run is getting someone to send $$, but he declined]. And WUS? Well... .

Old 15 March 2021, 02:07 AM   #924
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Old 15 March 2021, 02:11 AM   #925
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post

Exactly! Nailed it!

Narembeen: any updates?

Old 15 March 2021, 02:12 AM   #926
Nickn
"TRF" Member

Glen originally put the watch on eBay then posted photos of it in his hands so we know it’s real and exists then photos of the touched up dial
I don’t know what his game would be other then how it seems
I have to ask why have they now said Wednesday week why not this week?
Old 15 March 2021, 04:08 AM   #927
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
These are both blatant lies. (1) You keep pumping the thread with fake "updates" every time it slows down. (2) You were also banned on Omegaforums for your behavior. Your @narembeen account and your other fake persona. Some of your posts over there were pretty eye-opening.

Others can choose to believe you and sympathize with you if they want, but most of us know who the real troll is. I guess you like the attention. It's incredibly ironic to see so many experienced members completely taken in and fawning over you, especially given that the watch itself isn't particularly interesting to anyone. Just looking at this thread, you're pretty good at what you do, but you exposed yourself elsewhere.
Well, this is getting juicy. I had lost interest in this epic story. I've now been drawn back in!
Old 15 March 2021, 04:41 AM   #928
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Well, this is getting juicy. I had lost interest in this epic story. I've now been drawn back in!

Me too! “Blatant lies”! And on a watch forum no less!! — sounds serious.

Narembeen — keep us updated as the saga rolls forward! And remember no “blatant lies”! lol

Old 15 March 2021, 04:57 AM   #929
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
And remember no “blatant lies”! lol
I've had the misfortune in my life to know several people who lie about things that are patently false and easy to detect. Anyway, I'm glad you're entertained, it is pretty funny overall, and maybe that's the best way to look at it.
Old 15 March 2021, 05:23 AM   #930
ofelas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dinged & Gouged
This thread took quite a turn, unusual for the usually genteel vintage forum.
Closed Thread