The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 April 2021, 12:22 AM   #121
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
why dont you search "hulk" in this forum and go back to 2020... the majority of the posts expected it to go away, only a small handful of people thought it would remain. in fact people thought it would be discontinued even in 2019
2020 everybody know 100% that the 116610LV would be discontinued, because at the very least it would be getting the 3235 and becoming a 126610LV. Same with the 116610LN.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 12:26 AM   #122
mic6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116718 green
Quote:
here you go buddy, 1/2020 online article... one of many and before Marc's vid: https://www.vulcanwatchstraps.com/bl...20-predictions

here is the pertinent part:

1. Rolex Submariner 116610LV “Hulk” discontinued.

Shock horror, Rolex discontinuing the Green Submariner 116610LV in 2020. This was a prediction of many last year and even in 2018 but it still hasn’t happened. Rumours of this model being discontinued at Baselworld over the past couple of years have sent the grey market price of this model through the roof and I imagine that if it is discontinued this year the price will increase even further. I’m really glad I gpurchased mine before the 2018 Baselworld show. As regular readers know I don’t buy Rolex watches as an investment but it’s good to know you can buy something, enjoy it, and sell it on for more money than you paid for it some years later. So, that is our first prediction, I am pretty sure that Rolex will discontinue the 116610LV in 2020.
You just pointed an example with 10 guesses of which 8-1/2 were wrong and 1-1/2 correct? Everyone can do it, if I make 10 guesses for 2021 for sure 2 will be spot on.

Marc had 2/2.
Old 6 April 2021, 12:27 AM   #123
mic6
"TRF" Member

I am not going to argue more.
Two days left
Old 6 April 2021, 12:40 AM   #124
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic6 View Post
You just pointed an example with 10 guesses of which 8-1/2 were wrong and 1-1/2 correct? Everyone can do it, if I make 10 guesses for 2021 for sure 2 will be spot on.

Marc had 2/2.
and your point? marc posts videos that never came true either (see yachmaster ss) video and then in the link i posted a mere 3 weeks before the releases, he said the same thing during his submariner video.

i just dont understand why you are defending him so much. at least admit he was wrong or that he never predicted 41mm (which is the sole reason for our banter to begin with). you specifically said he was the first to predict 41mm with his leak and that you essentially trust his leaks because of that:

in reply to my post:
"How far in advance did he actually predict 41mm specifically. Everyone knew sub would be replaced. I don’t recall him mentioning 41mm until it was already leaking out to the general public"

YOU wrote:
"Four to five months in advance he posted two videos. One saying that the hulk is discontinued and another one showing a leaked picture of the exact 41mm sub. They are still in his channel in case you want to check, uploaded in May 2020. I remember everyone was making fun of him at that time about both predictions that where actually leaks from his source, and in fact 100% correct."

i added 4 other links to that post predating his btw where the predictions were more limited with not so many that didnt happen. but i think you are ignoring one thing: most had consistent predictions that the hulk was getting discontinued.

ok no more arguing. 2 more days it is
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 12:48 AM   #125
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
and your point? marc posts videos that never came true either (see yachmaster ss) video and then in the link i posted a mere 3 weeks before the releases, he said the same thing during his submariner video.

i just dont understand why you are defending him so much. at least admit he was wrong or that he never predicted 41mm (which is the sole reason for our banter to begin with). you specifically said he was the first to predict 41mm with his leak and that you essentially trust his leaks because of that:

in reply to my post:
"How far in advance did he actually predict 41mm specifically. Everyone knew sub would be replaced. I don’t recall him mentioning 41mm until it was already leaking out to the general public"

YOU wrote:
"Four to five months in advance he posted two videos. One saying that the hulk is discontinued and another one showing a leaked picture of the exact 41mm sub. They are still in his channel in case you want to check, uploaded in May 2020. I remember everyone was making fun of him at that time about both predictions that where actually leaks from his source, and in fact 100% correct."

i added 4 other links to that post predating his btw where the predictions were more limited with not so many that didnt happen. but i think you are ignoring one thing: most had consistent predictions that the hulk was getting discontinued.

ok no more arguing. 2 more days it is
https://youtu.be/f6VeauPx8jE

If you don't see that this video posted in May 2020 shows the current sub in it's exact form, I can't help you. And this is the only one that exists. This can only be done if you have somebody, it's a true leak.
Old 6 April 2021, 12:50 AM   #126
karteo
"TRF" Member

Is it only me who finds this prediction game the silliest possible, or anyone shares this view too?

What If someone falls 100% in? Is he getting any bonuses or moves up in the waiting lists?

I love my rolexes but all this craziness is more like a religious act, like waiting and predicting a miracle to happen.

It's just watches. Some new will come, some old will leave the building. It's gonna be like this every year. Too many topics talking about the same and the same feeding the hype or the troll.

BTW all my rolexes are discontinued. 116520, 16610, 16710, BLNR, 114060. I am totally ruined and obsolete

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
karteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2021, 12:54 AM   #127
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
https://youtu.be/f6VeauPx8jE

If you don't see that this video posted in May 2020 shows the current sub in it's exact form, I can't help you. And this is the only one that exists. This can only be done if you have somebody, it's a true leak.
what does it show, a crown at 6? have you heard of photoshop? i have seen that image but i have also seen plenty of images online that were digital showing what you saw: here is one 3 months BEFORE his video from 5/2020, from monochrome watches... is that the leaked image too? it also references slimmer lugs and was from 2/2020 and is a very well known site!

https://monochrome-watches.com/rolex...-watches-2020/
Old 6 April 2021, 01:02 AM   #128
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
what does it show, a crown at 6? have you heard of photoshop? i have seen that image but i have also seen plenty of images online that were digital showing what you saw: here is one 3 months BEFORE his video from 5/2020, from monochrome watches... is that the leaked image too? it also references slimmer lugs and was from 2/2020 and is a very well known site!

https://monochrome-watches.com/rolex...-watches-2020/
Ok let's wait and see
Old 6 April 2021, 01:07 AM   #129
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok let's wait and see
what are we waiting for? are you saying the oyster GMT will become the new/current model, replacing the jubilee?

if you read my posts above i said i can see it being an option i just dont see them undoing the jubilee. so if thats what we are waiting for then lets do it.

IF he is right about this, i agree he was the first to say it. i havent seen anyone say this before
Old 6 April 2021, 02:16 AM   #130
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
what are we waiting for? are you saying the oyster GMT will become the new/current model, replacing the jubilee?

if you read my posts above i said i can see it being an option i just dont see them undoing the jubilee. so if thats what we are waiting for then lets do it.

IF he is right about this, i agree he was the first to say it. i havent seen anyone say this before
As I said above, no I don't see it happening. My feeling is that the GMT line will remain untouched
Old 7 April 2021, 02:21 AM   #131
shkure
Banned

There you go, new Batman on Oyster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2021, 02:26 AM   #132
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As I said above, no I don't see it happening. My feeling is that the GMT line will remain untouched
leaks may be coming out. Looks like it may be true. IF true, wow i will be the first one to say this: that fool Marc Goldberg had the inside scoop this time for sure. i am happy to know that a youtuber has someone on the inside and it may be true. we will know for sure late tonight

although i was saying that if they do do it, it will be both jubilee and oyster as the only way it would be true. guess it was
Old 7 April 2021, 04:45 AM   #133
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
leaks may be coming out. Looks like it may be true. IF true, wow i will be the first one to say this: that fool Marc Goldberg had the inside scoop this time for sure. i am happy to know that a youtuber has someone on the inside and it may be true. we will know for sure late tonight

although i was saying that if they do do it, it will be both jubilee and oyster as the only way it would be true. guess it was
For the last two days I am trying to tell you that M.G. had the inside info last year too and he was the only one.
Old 7 April 2021, 05:15 AM   #134
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
For the last two days I am trying to tell you that M.G. had the inside info last year too and he was the only one.
i still think you are reading much more into his "leak" than was actually revealed from last year.... this was a different source as well. and for this leak he actually said "replace" jubilee and not add onto it. regardless, he was onto something with this one. i still disagree with the sub info where he only stated things we all already expected and left out the most important part of 41mm
Old 7 April 2021, 05:35 AM   #135
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i still think you are reading much more into his "leak" than was actually revealed from last year.... this was a different source as well. and for this leak he actually said "replace" jubilee and not add onto it. regardless, he was onto something with this one. i still disagree with the sub info where he only stated things we all already expected and left out the most important part of 41mm
Ok no problem.
To my eyes he is the only person on earth who had an actual source both last year and this year. He never said predictions, he said this and that will happen, and was 100%.
Old 7 April 2021, 05:41 AM   #136
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
People keep asking about why they are showing a clasp in the Rolex teaser ... since that is a brushed Oyster bracelet, maybe that's about the GMT Master II SS moving from Jubilee to a fully brushed Oyster bracelet. That's my best guess.
Excellent observation!

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2021, 10:15 AM   #137
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
He has information from his sources

Yes I believe his sources are real and that he got this one right and last year right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2021, 10:35 AM   #138
Jack F
"TRF" Member

A broken watch is correct twice per day.
Jack F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 12:44 AM   #139
BradSomrak
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Ok no problem.
To my eyes he is the only person on earth who had an actual source both last year and this year. He never said predictions, he said this and that will happen, and was 100%.

Except he said the jubilee was being discontinued on the GMT. Which it is not - the jubilee lives on for GMTs. So he was not, in fact, correct.
BradSomrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 04:32 AM   #140
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSomrak View Post
Except he said the jubilee was being discontinued on the GMT. Which it is not - the jubilee lives on for GMTs. So he was not, in fact, correct.
Ok he was wrong

Mate, ONLY correct prediction on the entire watch planet. Sorry if it makes you sad. Everyone else was talking about explorer II, milgauss, SD43, Cameron, etc. He was just SPOT ON.

(BTW, I don't even like the guy nor his videos.)
Old 8 April 2021, 05:35 AM   #141
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Another wrong prediction, well, half wrong so that's not too bad I guess..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 06:22 AM   #142
shkure
Banned

Quote:
Ok no problem.
This! l

Lots of haters here doubting this guy. He is right way more than anyone else out there who pretend to have sources inside. noone even mentioned the oyster on steel GMTs before he did.
shkure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 06:45 AM   #143
mic6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
Another wrong prediction, well, half wrong so that's not too bad I guess..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
He said R is going back to oyster. Never said discontinuing jubilee
Old 8 April 2021, 06:59 AM   #144
yonexsp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Not gonna happen. That would make the Pepsi look identical to the WG version, and they would not do that.
I thought that even after they announced it. I would be pissed if I owned the WG version.
yonexsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:20 AM   #145
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He said R is going back to oyster. Never said discontinuing jubilee
... actually he literally said that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HK966cSU8

timestamp 4:56
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote